Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

11 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

You messed up Chris. Take your suspension like a big boy and go back to your room. 

Funny. Yeah The rules are pretty clear, they are the same across the league, and he clearly either ignored them or didn’t take them seriously. He’s lucky they didn’t fire him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I mean, come on.  That exchange with Tasker was as blatant a violation of the reporting rules as you could ask for.  Just stupidity on the part of Brown.

Debate all you want whether NFL teams are going overboard with this, but the policy can’t be more clear.

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yeah, no.  Brownie is not a stupid guy by any stretch.  Diligent, hardworking, honest, smart, sincere.  All around great guy.  Take it from someone who's known him professionally for more than half of his own life. 

Okay, well he never comes across as the smartest. The rules were there, every other reporter has had to choose their words carefully and abide by them and he failed to. I have done the beat reporter job. I know how carefully you have to tread a line at times. You can say the rules are stupid if you like but he breached them and he has to pay the price. 

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay, well he never comes across as the smartest. The rules were there, every other reporter has had to choose their words carefully and abide by them and he failed to. I have done the beat reporter job. I know how carefully you have to tread a line at times. You can say the rules are stupid if you like but he breached them and he has to pay the price. 

Perhaps it is that he is not a stupid person, and that he made a mistake.  We all make them.  Trust me, he's far from dumb.  And quite funny, too, behind the scenes. 

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m guessing the Bills put their marketing department in charge of implementing the vague media policy and they were supposed to preview Brown’s content before it went out.  Hence the bloodbath.

Pretty sure he said it live on radio 

21 minutes ago, eball said:

I mean, come on.  That exchange with Tasker was as blatant a violation of the reporting rules as you could ask for.  Just stupidity on the part of Brown.

Debate all you want whether NFL teams are going overboard with this, but the policy can’t be more clear.

Every radio show and podcast I listen to

, for variety of teams,  the media says the same thing this year - “we aren’t allowed to discuss depth charts or where players are lining up.”

General manager Brandon Beane on Wednesday suggested the Bills viewanything that happens at practice to be valuable information the other 31 teams can use. 

LOL!  It’s so hard to take this sport seriously anymore when this type of mentality exists.  ????

”Becareful!  Don’t spill the beans that we provide our players liquids to refresh!”

??????

25 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Perhaps it is that he is not a stupid person, and that he made a mistake.  We all make them.  Trust me, he's far from dumb.  And quite funny, too, behind the scenes. 

Yea and when we do there are normally consequences that come with that. My professional opinion has always been that he does not come across as a particularly smart reporter. I don't know him as a person and I accept my initial post could be read as seeking to give a personal opinion on him which I was not. 

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

In 2016 when Sammy hurt his foot and was placed on IR, Chris Brown was at a swim meet and was disclosing all types of info that not only violated HIPAA, but also should have not left the locker room.  He loves disclosing "insider" information.  It was only a matter of time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea and when we do there are normally consequences that come with that. My professional opinion has always been that he does not come across as a particularly smart reporter. I don't know him as a person and I accept my initial post could be read as seeking to give a personal opinion on him which I was not. 

I don't dispute the consequences part.  He made a mistake, he has to own it.  Such is life.  But he's not a dumb person.  Quite a smart and good one, actually. 

Hopefully they are paying the guy during suspension, but actions have consequences.   Its just like any job you want to stay employed you have to follow the rules.     For those saying any of this is unprofessional, or shows discord in the building needs to understand this is exactly like all major corporations are run.    The reverse of this is the situation the Redskins find themselves in, or Russ Brandon running around Buffalo unchecked for years. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

It's kind of refreshing that someone got fired and it wasnt for sexual assault, harassment, or some comment he made 15 years ago. When I saw the title, that was my first thought. Just good old fashioned incompetence. 

He hasn’t been fired (at least not yet)

6 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

General manager Brandon Beane on Wednesday suggested the Bills viewanything that happens at practice to be valuable information the other 31 teams can use. 

LOL!  It’s so hard to take this sport seriously anymore when this type of mentality exists.  ????

”Becareful!  Don’t spill the beans that we provide our players liquids to refresh!”

??????

This type of mentality always existed, the difference is how fast the information gets out. 

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

In 2016 when Sammy hurt his foot and was placed on IR, Chris Brown was at a swim meet and was disclosing all types of info that not only violated HIPAA, but also should have not left the locker room.  He loves disclosing "insider" information.  It was only a matter of time.

That sucks and I agree this probably wasn’t an isolated incident that led to the suspension 

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

Is that why you can’t even find out when they scrimmage and whether they will even have a single view of it anywhere ?? Are they afraid the Jets might gameplay from it. I mean we have the same offense and defense. We aren’t coming out running some crazy new formations. 

So are we going to play vanilla week 1 because we know the Jets stink just so we can save our good stuff for he following weeks. My god this is such a joke. 

Yes they are afraid the Jets will gameplan based upon info released.  Just look at what happened on this board alone based on Joe B’s report about Ford blocking on a DT and Williams blocking a DE to open a hole.  That one tweet set told us (and the rest of the NFL) that right now the starting right side of the O-Line looks to be Ford at Guard and Williams T Tackle.  The prevailing sentiment before that was that Winters would be starting at Guard until Mongo returns and Ford and Williams were battling for RT duty.

Now without an injury - the Jets can begin game planning and watching tape of Williams as RT and how best to attack him rather than the ambiguity of either Ford or Williams there.  It also impacts their attack plans at guard - because they had a strong understanding of Winter’s strengths and weaknesses and how to attack and now may have to adjust that.

It also may reveal where the Bills would like to attack and how based on having to powerful run maulers on the right side - that may adjust how they decide to attack this offense.

Every little thing that the other team has to account for is one less thing they have time to perfect before the game and gives teams more they have to get ready.  It could mean the difference between the Jets Defense coming out bland and vanilla to react to what the Bills do or coming out aggressive because they have an idea of how to attack.  

We have the same people running the offense and defense, but with Diggs, Williams, Knox, and Moss - there is potential that we could have 4 new starters on offense and 5+ guys in different position and I would imagine the planning of the offense will be different with Diggs as a WR than last year.

Why do the Bills think it matters - because they have their scouts doing exactly what you are looking at.  They are scouring the internet and podcasts to piece together what players are excelling and what formations they are using to have a solid plan for game 1 and who they want to look at or pick up if anything happens. 

Does it seem over the top - yeah, but I get it.  This is the first year they can completely control what comes out.  They could not control the fans - so in other years all of the info was available- this year it is a war on info because everything that comes out - provides something to your first opponent and is an advantage they have over you.  With no preseason games and no fans making counts of every play and who lined up where - you have a lot of unknowns going into game 1 and they all want an advantage for that 1st game because that game will drive the season and with their already being disadvantages in fan numbers at games - you want every advantage you can get.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this as I don't know the man personally, just what I've seen online and on the air.  What he did was absolutely not smart, however.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Per The Athletic:

The Buffalo Bills have banned Chris Brown, their radio host and web reporter, from covering practices the rest of training camp and have suspended him from all their platforms, multiple sources tell The Athletic.

The Bills aren’t talking about Brown’s whereabouts, but he disappeared from practices last week after apparently violating the team’s media policy. Three days later, the longtime club employee vanished from “One Bills Live” — simulcast on WGR 550 and MSG Network — and social media without an announcement on where he went or when he will return.

Brown’s total evaporation occurred Thursday, less than two hours after heralding Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy’s tweet about buying title sponsorship rights to the Bills’ stadium.

I don't know how much I can post from a paywall site but he has been suspended according to the article not terminated, it seems like he violated the teams revised 2020 media policy and was divulging too much information from training camp

When you don't follow the process...

you get the boot.   

• Like (+1) 2

The guy is so bland and boring.

He brings nothing to the table that anyone on this board couldn't, given the same amount of access.

This reporting of insider information is typical idiotic McDermott paranoia but if it gets this milquetoast dial tone replaced with someone with some enthusiasm, it'll be well worth it. Bonus points if they also don't look like they're not allowed within 250 yards of a school zone. 

Dont cross THE PROCESS!

I'm also hearing the entire Marketing dept has quit?

Dont really care about that tho. Doesnt affect the team. And I never understood why the Bills even had a Marketing dept. You dont have to sell them to anyone. Everyone in Buffalo is already on board.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Like Manish I guess.. he didnt toe the company line enough...

And yes that is a joke...

You do get style points for getting the phrase right.  ?

23 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

He brings nothing to the table that anyone on this board couldn't, given the same amount of access.

Elect YOLO!  Vote early, vote often!  (That is fine!)

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Funny. Yeah The rules are pretty clear, they are the same across the league, and he clearly either ignored them or didn’t take them seriously. He’s lucky they didn’t fire him. 

Yep I remember Sal tweeting something a couple weeks back about the rules this year and not being able to say much about personnel groupings, etc.

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Now you have violated the same policy, what if they ban you next from everything Buffalo Bills?!?!

How am I supposed to use the old BBMB Chris Brown Emoji nowwww:cry:

I have been banned from the Ralph for something like 10 years actually.Years ago I got a few free tickets from some friends of the family in the family section for a Pats game. At half time I met a girl I was seeing in the causeway, grabbed a beer, but didn't finish it. I snuck it back into the family section. That lasted about 25 seconds, until a security guy came up asked me to follow him. Went to the security office, signed a paper, and left. I didn't think anything of it, nothing really happened. No scuffle, aggression, or argument. It was what it was. Go home with your tail between your legs. 

Anyways, a few weeks later I got a letter in the mail from the Bills. I was banned from the stadium until I took an NFL code of conduct course which is a couple hundred bucks and 4 hours along. Not just that, if you don't pass you have to pay again to do it all over. I called the Bills explained the situation, I even offered to volunteer with the clean up after the game or a charity event, etc.Seemed excessive given the crime. They said it was an NFL mandate, out of their hands at that point. I checked with a few friends in the DA's office, technically if I go back and get caught it is trespassing. A class C misdemeanor. About $100 dollar fine and expunged from my record in 6 months. They recommended not taking the course since 1. I have never had an issue before and I have been going to about 4 games per year for as long as I can remember. And 2. The charges for a class C misdemeanor or less of a cost and hassle than actually taking the course. I still go to 4 games per year. 

Long story short, Chris Brown, if you are reading this, do what I did, just keep showing up and bet on your own good behavior. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For sure i don't believe Brown did what ever he did with any kind of deviant fore thought i believe he was just talking football like he does & his passion got him going & must have said something that was outside of the new rules .

A plot of 'Belichickian' proportions!  Can the media guy so the rest of the league (especially BB in NE) thinks the Bills are planning to use personnel in a manner Brown described.

I'll go try some breakfast and see if my blood sugar (and sanity) returns to acceptable levels.

It's ironic that they have been paying this "Baghdad Bob" to spew team propaganda for years and the first time he actually reports on objective info (OOOOO!! the Rookie is lining up....ON THE LEFT!!), they can him.

That's bush league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1