Chris Brown suspended [Mod edited] from all Bills platforms

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has never been the smartest. No surprise he managed to break the rules despite being employed by the Bills. 

Rules by the paranoid. Someone reports that players are being tried at different positions during training camp and it is treated as a treasonous act of espionage. It's akin to reprimanding someone for reporting that the dog barks or the cat meows. Absurdity at the level of silliness. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JohnC said:

Rules by the paranoid. Someone reports that players are being tried at different positions during training camp and it is treated as a treasonous act of espionage. It's akin to reprimanding someone for reporting that the dog barks or the cat meows. Absurdity at the level of silliness. 

Yea you can think the rules are ridiculous, but they are the rules. If all the external reporters have to abide by them Brown should to. He made a very foolish error.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's ironic that they have been paying this "Baghdad Bob" to spew team propaganda for years and the first time he actually reports on objective info (OOOOO!! the Rookie is lining up....ON THE LEFT!!), they can him.

That's bush league.

Haha oh I forgot about Baghdad Bob, good reference.

That joker stood there on Iraqi TV (their only news station) and insisted the U.S and her allies were getting defeated and driven back, meanwhile we are systematically pummeling them and advancing closer everyday.

I think on his last day we literally took out their communication tower on his building while he was saying Iraq has things under control

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea you can think the rules are ridiculous, but they are the rules. If all the external reporters have to abide by them Brown should to. He made a very foolish error.

The problem isn't the rules. The problem is that he is doing a radio show for the organization about the team. What is he supposed to say on the show?  How does a radio host talk about a training camp when he is not allowed to report on anything he observes? Being tongue tied is one thing but taking away the tongue makes you mute. A classic case of rules taken to an absurd level for a person in the role that he is in. This is taking an order to be bland to a ridiculous level. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

The problem isn't the rules. The problem is that he is doing a radio show for the organization about the team. What is he supposed to say on the show?  How does a radio host talk about a training camp when he is not allowed to report on anything he observes? Being tongue tied is one thing but taking away the tongue makes you mute. A classic case of rules taken to an absurd level for a person in the role that he is in. This is taking an order to be bland to a ridiculous level. 

But they were the rules..... he broke them. It was foolish. The rules are foolish, but he still breached them.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Haha oh I forgot about Baghdad Bob, good reference.

That joker stood there on Iraqi TV (their only news station) and insisted the U.S and her allies were getting defeated and driven back, meanwhile we are systematically pummeling them and advancing closer everyday.

I think on his last day we literally took out their communication tower on his building while he was saying Iraq has things under control

Good times, lol.

The Bills from day one insisted on calling Brown a "Bills Lead Journalist" and when he finally reports a completely innocuous practice tidbit, they dump him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

That’s actually not the policy. It’s the specific things mentioned. Depth chart. Where players are lining up.

1 minute ago, Pasaluki said:

By banning him the Bills did the impossible and made him interesting. Because he's now interesting I dont think he should have been banned.

True! Plus I never thought I would see TBD rally behind CB.

• Haha (+1) 2

This is all being blown out of proportion. 

It doesn't sound like Chris Brown was fired.  He was temporarily banned for breaking a rule, and will be back.

As a former news reporter, I certainly believe in the rights of a free press.  But the media also needs to respect the pre-set rules requested by sources.  It's like saying a certain bit of information is off the record.  The Bills didn't want certain aspects of their strategy released publicly, and Brown failed to abide by that rule.  And if the Bills allowed Brown (who is actually employed by the team) to break the rule, they couldn't really enforce it on the other reporters.

Agree with the sentiments upthread about bush league nature of Brownie’s canning if that’s how it went down over some WGR remarks—I’ve actually liked his info through the years and feel bad for him. Hope this resolves in his favor quickly. 

I mean, just how vanilla would his camp feedback have to be?? I saw the guys out there today...whoops, sorry, maybe they weren’t actually out there today...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’s actually not the policy. It’s the specific things mentioned. Depth chart. Where players are lining up.

Chris Brown is doing a radio show about the Bills and talking about training camp. What is he supposed to talk about? In training camp the depth chart and where the players line up is in a constant state of flux. That shouldn't be surprising during training camp. What makes this issue absurd is not the rules per se. It is the fact that he co-hosts a two hour??? radio show. What is he supposed to talk about? Which players have the worst jock itch?   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Chris Brown is doing a radio show about the Bills and talking about training camp. What is he supposed to talk about? In training camp the depth chart and where the players line up is in a constant state of flux. That shouldn't be surprising during training camp. What makes this issue absurd is not the rules per se. It is the fact that he co-hosts a two hour??? radio show. What is he supposed to talk about? Which players have the worst jock itch?   

What did he talk about when no football was going on? This show is on every day during the off season too.

He should know the rules and abide by them. In this case he should speak in generalities. Talk about certain players playing really well and others struggling, but don't mention who they like up with. Most of the other media people are managing.

Well, he is an employee of the Bills, and as such they can give him whatever orders they want regarding what he tells the public.  A suspension seems a bit extreme for a first offense.  I wonder if he's been warned before.  Obviously something happened as this is probably the time of year that he would ordinarily be most visible.  

As a fan, I'm feeling rather starved for information as it only seems to come in dribbles as compared to the flow of ordinary years.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's ironic that they have been paying this "Baghdad Bob" to spew team propaganda for years and the first time he actually reports on objective info (OOOOO!! the Rookie is lining up....ON THE LEFT!!), they can him.

That's bush league.

Brown is an employee of the team, not an independent reporter, he is not supposed to say anything that the team doesn’t okay in advance. Murphy, Glab, Tasker and Brown are marketing employees, nothing more, it’s amazing that so many here don’t get that. And yes, media is marketing for all team employed reporters. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

What did he talk about when no football was going on? This show is on every day during the off season too.

He should know the rules and abide by them. In this case he should speak in generalities. Talk about certain players playing really well and others struggling, but don't mention who they like up with. Most of the other media people are managing.

Training camp has begun and the season is approaching. This is the time when there should be a greater degree of discussion about the team. He has a radio show that is on five times a week and is on for two hours a day. What is he supposed to talk about? Being bland is one thing but completely snoozing your audience away makes no sense. If the rules are to be  strictly followed then he shouldn't be doing a daily radio show about the Bills and as an employee of the Bills. 

This is akin to a person who has had his penis amputated and then makes a daily trip to the local whorehouse. What is the point!!!!????

The information he shared live WAS quite detailed and definitely violated the team's 2020 reporting rules. There is no question there. 

Unfortunately, Brown was fairly concise and well-spoken, and balanced out Tasker's rambling, recursive speech patterns on the air. I've always been a Chris Brown fan in that respect. 

Hopefully he comes back. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Training camp has begun and the season is approaching. This is the time when there should be a greater degree of discussion about the team. He has a radio show that is on five times a week and is on for two hours a day. What is he supposed to talk about? Being bland is one thing but completely snoozing your audience away makes no sense. If the rules are to be  strictly followed then he shouldn't be doing a daily radio show about the Bills and as an employee of the Bills. 

This is akin to a person who has had his penis amputated and then makes a daily trip to the local whorehouse. What is the point!!!!????

I don't think the coaches and football operations people care. Why would they? They don't care if it is tough to talk about the Bills for three hours a day. They also don't care if there is a show at all. They are focused on getting ready for the season.

And if you are part of the media, you have to follow the rules, even if it makes your job hard.

Never used to care for Brown because I thought he was always too rosy about the Bills, but in the last few years I’ve noticed those rose colored glasses started to come off. He started to have more of an opinion and actually criticized some areas. I LIKED that Chris Brown, so I am sad to see he’s been suspended for reporting relatively mundane news, I don’t think that specific content should be in violation of the team’s mandate, but that’s another issue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's strange, because that was the type of reporting that happened every training camp.

Who is lining up where? Who is getting first team reps? How do the rookies look?

It keeps sports media and fans talking about your team and building excitement for the season. Now you can't say anything except "they practiced this morning" and if you're too specific about that it's probably a no-no. 

I'm more worried about the marketing team quitting all at once. It seems like once again something is going on behind the scenes. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's strange, because that was the type of reporting that happened every training camp.

Who is lining up where? Who is getting first team reps? How do the rookies look?

It keeps sports media and fans talking about your team and building excitement for the season. Now you can't say anything except "they practiced this morning" and if you're too specific about that it's probably a no-no. 

I'm more worried about the marketing team quitting all at once. It seems like once again something is going on behind the scenes. 

Best case scenario, it is bad optics. But it seems that PSE has had a long string of "bad optics" lately. It is becoming a pattern. And maybe those who were complaining about the Pegulas ability to run a business rather than just be a talented geologist weren't haters or wearing tin foil hats. Maybe there is some credence to what they were saying. 

17 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Never used to care for Brown because I thought he was always too rosy about the Bills, but in the last few years I’ve noticed those rose colored glasses started to come off. He started to have more of an opinion and actually criticized some areas. I LIKED that Chris Brown, so I am sad to see he’s been suspended for reporting relatively mundane news, I don’t think that specific content should be in violation of the team’s mandate, but that’s another issue.

A few years ago after that Cleveland debacle he told Tasker off on that daily show when Steve was poo pooing some things. Brownie was having nothing to do with it and flat out said it was a horrible performance and that things had to change. I think murphy filled his depends because he just sat and winced.

They are making an example of him as a message to the rest of the media.  Pretty silly really.   Cody Ford working both positions on the right side is news?  

I think he got caught up doing a live report like he has done for over two decades.and had no one there besides Tasker to restrain him.  Instead Steve was probing for more info.   

The Cleveland Browns have been live streaming and they do not show any view of their formations outside the tackles.  Seems reasonable.

As for Chris Brown I think he does his job well but slipped by not checking himself during a live segment.  He reflexively did did what his training and experience had conditioned him to do.   He was making the show better, imo.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

They are making an example of him as a message to the rest of the media.  Pretty silly really.   Cody Ford working both positions on the right side is news?  

I think he got caught up doing a live report like he has done for over two decades.and had no one there besides Tasker to restrain him.  Instead Steve was probing for more info.   

The Cleveland Browns have been live streaming and they do not show any view of their formations outside the tackles.  Seems reasonable.

As for Chris Brown I think he does his job well but slipped by not checking himself during a live segment.  He reflexively did did what his training and experience had conditioned him to do.   He was making the show better, imo.  

I agree. He was pretty detailed, but his detail was also super useless information. I live out of market now and don't listen to Chris Brown much, so I don't know how much of this has been common the last few weeks. It feels like this could have been solved by a slap on the wrist/warning first, rather than toast a guy who has been a nothing but a company man since 2006. 

Cody Ford might be RG or RT. If he is RG Williams will be RT if RT Winters is RG....real ground breaking stuff that no other scout in the NFL would have been able to pick up this off season. 

Davis and Hodgins rotate in at the bottom of the depth chart with the 1's. It would be wild if they didn't. It has been reported that Davis has been having a tremendous camp and is a lock to make the 53. Hodgins has also been great with tremendous upside and potential. More than likely to make the roster. So why wouldn't they be getting looks with the 1's? Hopefully Gregg Williams doesn't light us up after that wonderful insight. 

DL Rotation- This one is probably the most insightful in terms of opponent preparation. Trent Murphy getting most of the reps at LE over Mario Addison. For those who thought he might be cut to save cap space, looks like that might be wrong. Hughes was always going to be starting RE. It was already reported that Epenesa has been rotating all over the line during camp. Also McD seems to have a history of rookies having to "earn it" through their rookie years before they are in a starting role. So seeing AJE with the second team rotating through the positions is not anything crazy. 

51 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Brown is an employee of the team, not an independent reporter, he is not supposed to say anything that the team doesn’t okay in advance. Murphy, Glab, Tasker and Brown are marketing employees, nothing more, it’s amazing that so many here don’t get that. And yes, media is marketing for all team employed reporters. 

Everybody knows this.

This is why it is ironic they can him for actual reporting (on a completely useless piece of info) and not marketing.

41 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

That isn't true in the slightest. Chris Brown has been the same as he always has been.

58 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Well, he is an employee of the Bills, and as such they can give him whatever orders they want regarding what he tells the public.  A suspension seems a bit extreme for a first offense.  I wonder if he's been warned before.  Obviously something happened as this is probably the time of year that he would ordinarily be most visible.  

As a fan, I'm feeling rather starved for information as it only seems to come in dribbles as compared to the flow of ordinary years.  

I would think they warned him at least once or that there are some other extenuating circumstances.  We don’t know for sure, but it would take some extreme institutional incompetence to result in the following situation:  A reporter employed by the Bills whose job it is to report on the Bills does not know the rules, breaks them and is consequently suspended for violating them.  Without some evidence of that I’m going with a reporter not taking some rules seriously and getting carried away.  It really appears as though he violated the rules so I have a tough time thinking the Bills were looking for an excuse to fire him.

Does anyone know if this is something he has been doing or if it was the first time?

Edited by BarleyNY

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Everybody knows this.

This is why it is ironic they can him for actual reporting (on a completely useless piece of info) and not marketing.

Your still not getting it, they are employees that have restrictions on what they are allowed to talk to the public about concerning their employers company, it is that cut and dry.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Your still not getting it, they are employees that have restrictions on what they are allowed to talk to the public about concerning their employers company, it is that cut and dry.

oy, nevermind..