Jordan Phillips asks you: where's the Offside?

They did not show the replay at all on that during the game when it happened. I think everyone just assumed because he was in there so fast it had to be Offside. Everyone was wrong. That was amazing. That should be allowed to be reviewed also. I say review everything until they get it right. Or review nothing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

They did not show the replay at all on that during the game when it happened. I think everyone just assumed because he was in there so fast it had to be Offside. Everyone was wrong. That was amazing. That should be allowed to be reviewed also. I say review everything until they get it right. Or review nothing.

Indeed.  I hope they sent that to the league requesting an explanation.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Stenbar said:

I remember Bruce Smith getting a playoff sack vs the Bengals and getting called for a face mask just because it looked like that was the only way that was possible. No. He was just that amazing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Anybody get a view or replay of the Holding call that stopped the clock in the final minute? Curious to see if it was legit.

Ya haven’t seen it anywhere, you would think being such an important penalty they would have shown a replay on tv 

43 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Bruce Smith would be called for those same imaginary Offside all the time too. 

I was at the game and felt like he timed it perfectly. The Steelers homers I were with though convinced me he was clearly Offside. 

Collinsworth told us it was clearly Offside—nothing to see here.  And of course they never showed the replay, probably because Collinsworth downplayed it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NC Book said:

How did he time that so perfectly? I'm watching some werewolf movie right now, and his quickness reminds me of this wolf!

Him and Tasker were talking about it on One Bills Live said something about it being lined up with a good view of the center and finding tells for when he's going to snap it.

• Like (+1) 2

If you step through the video with as much resolution as you can get, you'll see there is no point at which Phillips is in the neutral zone before the ball is snapped.

You know the other teams when they see this film won't care about the officiating BS.  They're football people who will see what Phillips did on this play, and they'll be impressed. 

Honestly, it was about as close as it could be. I slowed it down to frame by frame, and he does move before the ball is snapped, but does not go across the imaginary  (and I think that is the key word here) line. I can see why it was called---because of the movement, the video evidence does show he moved before the ball is snapped. And I can see the argument he was not off sides.

It is a 50/50 call, this time not in our favor. If it was an opponent that did this, I would easily agree with the call. As a Bills fan, I see it through different lenses.

Regardless, he is quick, having a great year, the Bills need to resign him.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Anybody get a view or replay of the Holding call that stopped the clock in the final minute? Curious to see if it was legit.

Spain fell backwards and pulled the DLineman down on top of him, right where the RB was tackled.  While it was "holding", it literally had zero affect on the outcome of the play. 

Given the sheer number of times our pass rushers were mugged during the game, there is no reason that call should have been made.

19 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Spain fell backwards and pulled the DLineman down on top of him, right where the RB was tackled.  While it was "holding", it literally had zero affect on the outcome of the play. 

Given the sheer number of times our pass rushers were mugged during the game, there is no reason that call should have been made.

That play was over in the blink of an eye, with no gain or as I recall a loss.  Not to get too crazy on this one, but Was he engaged with an o lineman from the Steeler and driven to the dirt, or engaged with one and he reached out and grabbed another defensive player for an obvious hold? 

It’s just such an odd play to have a holding call when an RB  is smothered that quickly. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That play was over in the blink of an eye, with no gain or as I recall a loss.  Not to get too crazy on this one, but Was he engaged with an o lineman from the Steeler and driven to the dirt, or engaged with one and he reached out and grabbed another defensive player for an obvious hold? 

It’s just such an odd play to have a holding call when an RB  is smothered that quickly. 

he was engaged with the defender, who was bulldozing him into the ground, but you can see Spain's arm clearly wrapped around the back of the defender as they go to the ground. Likely a hold as called, because it is technically a hold, but anyone who has ever played football knows Spain wasnt holding this dude, he was holding ON and the defender was driving him into the ground haha

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Looks like good quick play to me.

Is off sides  crossing the LOS with any part of the body?    Sorry to throw some shade here but .....   

Definition. In gridiron football, offside is a foul in which a player is on the wrong side of the line of scrimmage when the ball is snapped. 

Go to 15 seconds and go a frame by frame. 

He was moving before the ball was snapped. 

7 hours ago, Stenbar said:

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

He was literally Bruce Smith on that play.

No Offside to be found.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

he was engaged with the defender, who was bulldozing him into the ground, but you can see Spain's arm clearly wrapped around the back of the defender as they go to the ground. Likely a hold as called, because it is technically a hold, but anyone who has ever played football knows Spain wasnt holding this dude, he was holding ON and the defender was driving him into the ground haha

Thanks, that was my assumption based on what Darin wrote and the way that play played out.  Weird time for that flag to fly, but it worked out.  Took another 18 months off my life, but whatevs. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

As well as the "facemask" penalty on Edmunds. :thumbsup:

Still not as bad as the roughing the passer from the AFC Championship last year. Its going to be hard to beat a QB like that next week ?