Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Act Accordingly = most posters squabbling and the, my stick is bigger than your stick mentality. 

I joined the board to alleviate this very problem, ya see, my stick is the absolute biggest ever, really no kidding, ya’ll believe me right...?

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I really don't know what to think about this game. Still don't know how much better the offense will be or how Bell will look his first week back. I'm hyped for it though

This is how I feel as well.  Difficult to read.  A lot of that comes from the fact it's the first game of the season for both teams.  

I think getting a read on our 2nd game with NY will be different.

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Makes sense - thanks

Holy crap.  Hammer the under.

Agreed.  Don't see a huge amount of offense in this one.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Damn, thought your kind doesn’t crawl out of the swamp until sunset. ?

I give him credit for having ? ? to show up here and ( so far ) take it like a man !! 

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Jets holding pretty steady at -3 -160 ML(to win the game). In layman's terms, the Jets are a relatively slight favorite. Home team in the NFL is generally given a 3 point edge, so the view (from a betting perspective) is that these teams are evenly matched. I tend to agree. I expect a game similar to the last Bills Jets tilt. Close game that comes down to the wire. What we need to see is Allen make the plays and SOMEBODY on the defense get in Darnold's mug in late game passing downs.

i would prefer that happens on the 1st series.....and continue.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Jets holding pretty steady at -3 -160 ML(to win the game). In layman's terms, the Jets are a relatively slight favorite. Home team in the NFL is generally given a 3 point edge, so the view (from a betting perspective) is that these teams are evenly matched. I tend to agree. I expect a game similar to the last Bills Jets tilt. Close game that comes down to the wire. What we need to see is Allen make the plays and SOMEBODY on the defense get in Darnold's mug in late game passing downs.

Darnold will make mistakes if you pressure him. Saw it plenty at USC. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Darnold will make mistakes if you pressure him. Saw it plenty at USC. 

Yep. On that late TD drive in the home Jets game last season, we gave him nothing but a clean pocket. Let's hope Oliver adapts quickly and Murphy provides some punch. Would have liked to address the DE position, but these are the guys we're gonna roll with, so let's hope for the best.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2019 at 3:32 PM, LSHMEAB said:

On the ticket front game is STILL not sold out. In fact secondary market prices are falling fast. Jets fans aren't feeling it yet. That's your cue, #BillsMafia.

Price update as of 9/4: TicketExchange: $80 (incl fees) StubHub: $77 (incl fees)

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Very, just like every year, I'm sure the will let me down, screw it, it's a great time of year!

Yeah, same here. Hopefully we will be fighting for division titles again starting this year.  I am so ready for the end of the Patriots* reign. Time to let those fair weather fans wallow in the division cellar where they belong. I can’t wait to see all the fake fans abandon ship once the losing begins.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MassHog said:

I am really curious.... What positions do you guys honestly think that the Jets actually are better than the Bills?

QB, WR, RB, DT. Maybe more, but I'm not super familiar with their roster

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Punter too.  

Thought about saying that. I've also read about how strong the middle of their defense is despite how weak the outside of it is, but I don't know enough about their LBs/Safeties to compare to ours. I doubt even with Adams that I'd like their safeties better than ours.

The most important position I feel they're better at is QB, but I believe it's close enough that the fact that we're more complete all around can get us a week 1 victory. 

16 minutes ago, arcane said:

Thought about saying that. I've also read about how strong the middle of their defense is despite how weak the outside of it is, but I don't know enough about their LBs/Safeties to compare to ours. I doubt even with Adams that I'd like their safeties better than ours.

The most important position I feel they're better at is QB, but I believe it's close enough that the fact that we're more complete all around can get us a week 1 victory. 

Hmmm.  I think Mosley and Adams are the best safety/LB duo in the league with regard to run stopping. We can't be slamming Gore and Motor into an 8 man box all day.

QW vs Mitch Morse and our interior line will be fun to watch.  QW hasn't been outstanding yet in preseason.   Expect less carries for loss with Gore than Shady.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MassHog said:

I am really curious.... What positions do you guys honestly think that the Jets actually are better than the Bills?

Personally, I think it's hard to say Darnold is better than Allen. When you account for what Allen can do on the feet, i'd say based off last years numbers they're pretty even. 

Darnold had 18 touchdowns (including rushing) and 15 interceptions last year in 13 games. Josh Allen had 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions in 12 games. 

I really only see them being convincingly better than us at RB and Punter? WRs seem like a pretty even match up, as does Offensive Line since both teams have completely retooled their lines.  Jamal Adams may be a better player than Hyde and Poyer, but the tandem of Hyde and Poyer is better than Adams and Maye. Tre'Day is infinitely better than any corner on their team, our Linebackers are definitely better, and I think I would take Jerry Hughes over any pass rusher on their team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1