Practice Squad Signings Thread

8 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What happened to the LB from Dallas?

I was already counting him. There is officially 4 spots available but I'm saying 3 cause I think we are under agreement with Hall. Just don't think he had officially signed yet.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, WVUFootball29 said:

Which PS eligible did I miss?  These were all guys that were on an NFL Roster for preseason.  I didn't take into account UDFAs that didnt play pre-season

For the love of humanity, can you PLEASE post a gif of your avatar  bouncing? up and down on a bench? :ph34r:

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Jurry is cheap. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t think they Have To sign 4 guys with 2 accursed seasons, do they? 

I thought the rule was that they are allowd up to 4 exemptions (upped from 2) for players with 2 accursed seasons.

This isn’t Hogwarts. 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

he separates. just not with his feets.

and has much to learn and develop , even at his age. he can do the work though. Ceilings limited. but if Brian D can makes use of him? awesome.

we already have flyboys in Brown and Foster

thought it was humor you old geezer ?

wait

maybe i am the old geezer....

.Yes. You are the old geezer. But you’re a young pup to me. :lol:

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 5

40 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

So probably 3 more spots... I'm guessing one goes to unknown QB. Another goes to Dean Marlowe when we bring back Captain Munnerlyn after week 1. And the last spot goes to McDermott when he gets cut in favor of someone else.

Yes McDermott isn’t long for this Roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good, Duke, Lewis, Yarbrough and Wade to PS, although I still think they should have put him on regular PS.

He's a year away, at least, from being NFL-ready. Plus, why not use the free spot and sign someone else to the PS?

Edited by from_dunkirk
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

Overdorf too. 

He’s actually still here. He’s senior VP of football administration. 

Brandon was definitely one of the leaks. I think the other big leak was Scott Berchtold (the old VP of communications), who was replaced by Derek Boyko. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

He's a year away, at least, from being NFL-ready. Plus, why not use the free spot and sign someone else to the PS?

The 10th versus 11th spot on the PS doesn't excite me much.  How many guys off the PS make the team anyway?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, from_dunkirk said:

Many players from the PS are actually promoted to the 53-man roster due to the inevitable injuries. 

Would be surprised if Yarborough, Williams, and Lewis don't find theselves on the 53 man unit sometime this fall at a minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

The 10th versus 11th spot on the PS doesn't excite me much.  How many guys off the PS make the team anyway?

1-10 can be poached by other teams.  111th can’t.

also..I have seen others say this..

you cant pluck a PS player off of your next opponents PS.  

The Wade thing was going to turn out this way no matter what. It's a free extra roster spot for a guy with a lot of ability who is not ready to play in the NFL yet. It makes no sense to not take advantage of that extra slot. I feel like no matter what he did in pre-season, this was the likely outcome.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Belichick's charm:  "Sign with us and the odds say you'll have a super bowl ring within a couple years."

49 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Belichick is working his charm on Easley and Sills as we speak...

Related image

Belichick's charm:  "Sign with us and the odds are you'll have a Super Bowl ring within a couple years."

5 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Bummer. I like him

I thought he'd stick given his importance as a special teams guy, played every special teams snap last season. But he's a major liability in coverage when he has to play LB. Minnesota made easy pickings of him a bunch of times the other night. They also seem invested in Vosean Joseph and Tyrel Dodson. 

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Wade thing was going to turn out this way no matter what. It's a free extra roster spot for a guy with a lot of ability who is not ready to play in the NFL yet. It makes no sense to not take advantage of that extra slot. I feel like no matter what he did in pre-season, this was the likely outcome.  

It was definitely the most likely outcome but he definitely showed some potential to be excited for next year.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Practice Squad so far...

O:

WR Duke Williams

TE Nate Becker

RB Christian Wade

OT Erik Magnuson

?

LB Nate Hall (from Dallas)

CB Cam Lewis

DE Eddie Yarbrough

DT Kyle Peko

Prefer the defensive group to the offensive one. Becker and Magnuson are very easily upgradeable. 

• Like (+1) 1