Practice Squad Signings Thread

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I believe that teams cannot officially sign players to the PS until 2pm today. The reports are for players who have agreed to sign with teams. There were a couple instances last year where players agreed to sign, and before they did other teams swooped in and offered more money or a better chance and that player burned the team he agreed to sign with and went elsewhere.

But it seemed like in previous years we always had rumored lists of PS signings way before that leaked out

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

Nice to add Duke after missing out on Ray Ray... Glad to get one of them here. Now we need to add a QB incase of injury. I'm hoping for Sloter. Had an awesome preseason and we got to see what he could do first hand.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I believe that teams cannot officially sign players to the PS until 2pm today. The reports are for players who have agreed to sign with teams. There were a couple instances last year where players agreed to sign, and before they did other teams swooped in and offered more money or a better chance and that player burned the team he agreed to sign with and went elsewhere.

Is this true.... I thought you can sign them once they clear waivers which would be 24 hours after whenever they were officially released...

30 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Many are pointing out the demand for players waived by the Bills as a strength of the roster.  I think it's also a sign of good coaching as is the 4-0 preseason record.  The players at the bottom of the roster have been coached well and have performed better than the competition.  Coach McD and staff have created a culture where the right kind of players are brought in, get coached up and improve as players.  That happens top to bottom.  Trust the process.

I think it may have more to do with the Bills having more younger players being cut then previous years where they were signing a bunch of scrub veterans to fill the roster for the year and then cutting some of them. They signed less scrub guys this offseason

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But it seemed like in previous years we always had rumored lists of PS signings way before that leaked out

In prior years they also had Russ Brandon around.  Since he got shown the door, leaks have significantly decreased.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i also hope they make wade no.11.  we won't need him this year and no other team can poach him. the only drawback is that we can't put him on the 53 this year, but like i said, we shouldn't need him. next year though....

I think its probably best for him to be able to sit for a year on the PS and work with the team to see the game first hand

Then next year he can make the 53 and not have to worry about much of a learning curve (it does help that he is playing a position where the learning curve is much smaller)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills have had 3 players claimed .

Probably one of the higher numbers in the league

Who are the three? Heard Lacy and Ray Ray and??

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

rayray, lacy and who?

Like minds think alike

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch