Practice Squad Signings Thread

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a tad surprise Williams cleared waivers. It just goes to show how valuable the league thinks a slow (comparatively for NFL WR) big guy on the outside is. 

Yep. It’s all about separation at this level, especially between the twenties. But I think Williams can be an asset in the red zone as we’ve seen a little bit of this preseason.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a tad surprise Williams cleared waivers. It just goes to show how valuable the league thinks a slow (comparatively for NFL WR) big guy on the outside is. 

I think most teams place a priority on a WR that already knows their offense.  I thought maybe some team that competed with the Bills to sign him out of the CFL might take their chance now but am glad he is still with the Bills.  WRs and DBs seem like the most injured position group on this team.  I think he will get an NFL game check at some point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It goes beyond the issue of speed. You can be a valued receiver even if you are slow if you can consistently get open. Making a few plays by outsizing your coverage is not a good enough attribute to overcome your other disqualifying attributes. Williams was an interesting prospect. The end result was due to the fact that he wasn't good enough from an all around standpoint.