Practice Squad Signings Thread

30 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Like I said: Duke just didn't show enough in games for other teams to be hot after him.

The Bills, on the other hand, saw him in practice every day for 3 months. If they wanted him in the PS, they had the inside track all along.

Signed to Bills PS. They do and they did.

Thanks for playing.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I'm confused...isn't that the exact point I was making?

You should know! ;)

And yes, you were.

There are also all kinds of factors that go into whether or not players are kept on the original 53 as you well know. The Bills may have very much wanted to keep Duke but the fact they wanted the 10th OL outweighed it. If Andre Roberts was just a good returner and not the best in the league last year, they could have determined that other guys could return and kept Duke over him (and I know they have been using him with the 1s and 2s)

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Four of the 10 PS players must have 2 accrued seasons, so that would make Eddie a good signing...

I don’t think they Have To sign 4 guys with 2 accursed seasons, do they? 

I thought the rule was that they are allowd up to 4 exemptions (upped from 2) for players with 2 accursed seasons.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

You should know! ;)

And yes, you were.

There are also all kinds of factors that go into whether or not players are kept on the original 53 as you well know. The Bills may have very much wanted to keep Duke but the fact they wanted the 10th OL outweighed it. If Andre Roberts was just a good returner and not the best in the league last year, they could have determined that other guys could return and kept Duke over him (and I know they have been using him with the 1s and 2s)

Ok good.

It was a late night that ended with a few beverages, and I'm a light weight now, so who knows if I'm making sense at this point.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I am a tad surprise Williams cleared waivers. It just goes to show how valuable the league thinks a slow (comparatively for NFL WR) big guy on the outside is. 

Or the 31 other teams have not been lacking a big strong WR who can go up and catch 50-50  balls for the last 31 years in a row and already have such a thing.

26 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Rams 5, Pats 4, Bills and Ravens 3. That's it.

That could mean that you're deep... could also mean that released the wrong guys. Basically I trust our front office though... I don't think that they particularly sentimental or making decisions based on anything other than performance.

• Like (+1) 3