Tre'davious v Gronkowski

Commish

So how does Tre handle Gronkowski this time around? I'm guessing he'll be in the guy's ear all game, messing with him, and playing aggressively, per usual  - and who are the refs going to be looking out for: Tre, or retaliation by the Bills? 

Just now, Roch-A-Bill said:

So how does Tre handle Gronkowski this time around? I'm guessing he'll be in the guy's ear all game, messing with him, and playing aggressively, per usual  - and who are the refs going to be looking out for: Tre, or retaliation by the Bills? 

I think the new Tre (Edmunds) will draw that coverage more. Tre White will be locked up with Josh Gordon if I had to guess.

• Like (+1) 4

Not that its ever seemed to matter vs. the Bills but Gronk is (as usual) playing at less than 100% healthy. What I expect to happen is what seems to happen most Bills/Pats games... he's quiet for the first half and most of the third quarter but then when it counts, he goes off and ends up with 8 or 9 catches and 120+ yards and a score within the final 20 minutes.

Edited by blacklabel

17 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think the new Tre (Edmunds) will draw that coverage more. Tre White will be locked up with Josh Gordon if I had to guess.

12 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Not that its ever seemed to matter vs. the Bills but Gronk is (as usual) playing at less than 100% healthy. What I expect to happen is what seems to happen most Bills/Pats games... he's quiet for the first half and most of the third quarter but then when it counts, he goes off and ends up with 8 or 9 catches and 120+ yards and a score within the final 20 minutes.

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Edmunds should cover him, and keep Tre on Gordon.

You’re all missing the point.

Did we already forget what this subhuman knuckle-dragger did to our franchise corner?

In a just world, Gronk would seriously fear for his personal safety and well-being next Monday.

Edited by Wayne Arnold
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Did we already forget what this subhuman knuckle-dragger did to our franchise corner?

In a just world, Gronk would seriously fear for his personal safety and well-being next Monday.

That still makes me sick.  I used to not mind Gronk, even though he’s in a hated rival.  Can’t stand him now.

It’s sad how Pats fans still defend that.  They always start by saying “it was inexcusable, but” and then go on to make excuses for him, saying how the poor guy was mugged all game, and what was he supposed to do?

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Edmunds is one of the few people around who has the size and speed to keep up with Gronk.

We'll see how it plays out.

This is what I'm most looking forward to on Monday if Gronk plays.

My assumptions going into this are that I think Edmunds can cover Gronk in man coverage, but anytime we play zone Brady will be able to pick it apart and fit windows that would otherwise negate his ability to cover. I also think Edmunds is about to see the game of his life backing against Brady and being able to call out schemes and make defensive adjustments where needed on the line. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised but my guess is Edmunds has a rough game overall, some success covering Gronk, and I'm otherwise happy if I see this kid able to compete and keep up in certain regards. As a 20 yr old rookie against Brady able to keep pace and force Brady to be uncomfortable or adjust would be great to see for this kid's development and confidence.

47 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Exactly, hope Edmunds lights his world up if Gronk plays, then White can come over and ask him how he's doing while he doesn't elbow slam him like it's Monday Night Raw, while being on MNF to boot.

Edited by ctk232

3 minutes ago, Success said:

That still makes me sick.  I used to not mind Gronk, even though he’s in a hated rival.  Can’t stand him now.

It’s sad how Pats fans still defend that.  They always start by saying “it was inexcusable, but” and then go on to make excuses for him, saying how the poor guy was mugged all game, and what was he supposed to do?

I hope Edmunds gets a free shot on him over the middle. Guy needs to be taken out like the trash.

27 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Oh best billeve Gronk is going to catch wreck Monday night. Tre will have them boys fired up.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I am guessing the fans will take care of that turkey

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This was my thought as well. Edmunds is a grown man out there too. Hope Gronk runs a curl route and Edmunds has a chance to get about a 7 yard running start then light his a** UP!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

I hate the Patriots* on a level that has never been matched by any other team.

When this incident happened, it became very personal. It's beyond the cheating.

I want the Bills to end this bastard's career, and if they do, I will be cheering when it happens.

How the Hell did he get away with a 1 game suspension?! His "apology" was one of the most insulting things I've seen.

Amazing that Tre White did not suffer a more serious injury.

If there was ever a player more deserving of a "Sweep the Leg" moment, it's Gronkowski.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I mean, sure, I'd like to see Gronk receive his comeuppance but you know if it happened, the next time a Bills player came within 3 feet of Brady it would be flag city. "Sneezing near Mr. Brady, #55 defense, ten million yards, lifetime ban from the NFL." 

59 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I mean, sure, I'd like to see Gronk receive his comeuppance but you know if it happened, the next time a Bills player came within 3 feet of Brady it would be flag city. "Sneezing near Mr. Brady, #55 defense, ten million yards, lifetime ban from the NFL." 

So what? 

The Patriots flex Gronk out wide 30% of the time to match him up on a corner 

also... in our base 43 the Mike rarely covers the TE in man responsibility... his man responsibility is usually the RB

the TEs are usually covered by the Sam or safety in man

8 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

How do Tre's teammates handle a similar situation if it happens again?

Hopefully more appropriately.

Edited by Gugny

8 hours ago, Success said:

You're dead on.  I was so amazed at how the Pats fans justified that play.  Like a lot of them, a few of them friends of mine.

Their justification was if the refs don't eject you the league shouldn't suspend you, and that Tre was somehow deserving of that because he was mauling Gronk.

Goes to show how smug pricks like Kraft and Belichick can trickle down through the organization, all the way to the fans.  It never hit me until then.  I lost a ton of respect for both of the friends that said that, one of them I was close with.  Dickheads.

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He should, but I’ve given up on Buffalo teams ever standing up for themselves.

When was the last time? Lindy sending out the goon line against Ottawa in 07?

2 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

You're dead on.  I was so amazed at how the Pats fans justified that play.  Like a lot of them, a few of them friends of mine.

Their justification was if the refs don't eject you the league shouldn't suspend you, and that Tre was somehow deserving of that because he was mauling Gronk.

Goes to show how smug pricks like Kraft and Belichick can trickle down through the organization, all the way to the fans.  It never hit me until then.  I lost a ton of respect for both of the friends that said that, one of them I was close with.  Dickheads.

Being a pats fan should tell you all you need to know about a person. 

I would call the night a success if #97 Jordan Phillips got worked up and dropped a 350 pound slam on that low life so he knows how Tre felt.

I get the feeling he is the type would stand up for his new teammates.

21 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

If he is on Gronk who is covering Edelman?  Last year he was Brady’s security blanket.. Edelman is back and that is his favorite target.  

Refs should just be watching the game and call the penalties they see.. 

12 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Ok we all have jerk people in our fan bases. I never defended Gronk and thought it looked more like him auditioning for the WWE than a football thing.

i also believe I said he deserved 2 games for it and a hefty fine.. it was stupid, and it was dangerous.. just an idiotic dumb ass thing to do! 

That said it has had no bearing o. This game as Brady will focus more on Edelman and probably Gordon as it seems by the way people are talking he is going get the 3rd best cover person at best on the team.

20 hours ago, KD in CA said:

He should, but I’ve given up on Buffalo teams ever standing up for themselves.

Sad but true...this and the cheap shot on Ryan Miller years ago when Myers stood there and did nothing are the worse that come to mind.

I loved Myers because im the same exact height/weight and almost age until that happened.  Also used to like Gronk and have even participated in some burning of the devils lettuce(during his by week nonetheless) cause we had mutual friends from college from his buffalo days.

I hope Edmunds lights him up