The Buffalo Bills.....tearing up the league through the air

Attended the game and the worst offense i may have ever seen. Count me in for trading Benjamin and maybe even McCoy cause we need a complete overhaul on offense anyways.  Get what ya can because we are going nowhere anyways.  On a positive note..... Nice pickup on the DT from Miami Phillips

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Attended the game and the worst offense i may have ever seen. Count me in for trading Benjamin and maybe even McCoy cause we need a complete overhaul on offense anyways.  Get what ya can because we are going nowhere anyways.  On a positive note..... Nice pickup on the DT from Miami Phillips

an so it begins......not even in a winning week can these guys help themselves

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

SMH.  SMDH.  :doh:

Guys, we're allowed to be happy about a win and frustrated with the league's worst passing offense. They're not mutually exclusive. You don't get better without recognizing your weaknesses. 

Edit: agree with trading KB, do not agree with trading McCoy. Also agree that Phillips looked great. 

Edited by MPT
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

These kind of wins happen very rarely.. Gotta get way better on offense.  

Let me explain something to you. Everyone in the stadium new we absolutely were going to run the ball the last drive, and guess what we werent stopped by a stout defense. The worse offense in the world cant do that. We will improve, we have a rookie qb, a some what still injured mccoy. Trust the process.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

Guys, we're allowed to be happy about a win and frustrated with the league's worst passing offense. They're not mutually exclusive. You don't get better without recognizing your weaknesses. 

Edit: agree with trading KB, do not agree with trading McCoy. Also agree that Phillips looked great. 

No one will argue with you about KB.

Daboll did everything he could to mask the OL but even that Mills couldn't slow down the DE when Josh did designed rollouts to the right on a number of plays.

You (and all the others complaining about the passing game) will just have to decide either to watch what they have or continue to complain.

It will be a rough year for the passing game.  One hope is Zay Jones can improve.

15 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Anddddd....they won. Get over it.

15 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I'll agree with the Benjamin trade, but does he even have any value?  Throwing to him is like an automatic loss of a down.

14 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

OK, but what are we going to get??  The OLine looks to at least have improved in run blocking but pass blocking is still highly questionable at times.  Couple this with WR's not really creating much for the QB and we have a stagnant passing offense that will need to rely on a lot of motion, misdirection and trickery rather than WR's getting open themselves by actually beating someone

12 minutes ago, MPT said:

I agree 100%.

Why is it if the Bills win, some people just think nothing negative can be posted?  Personally, I LIKE the wins, but I would much rather have playoff wins, a superbowl win.  Beating average teams at home in a defensive struggle while throwing for under 100 yards...we've seen that before, and I know it doesn't lead to the end goal that I want.

I'm not hear to read nothing but people cheering a win like today.  I'm happy they won, and I'm glad other people are happy. But I am more interested in conversation about what needs to be better so a game like this doesn't have to be won on a last second field goal.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No one will argue with you about KB.

Daboll did everything he could to mask the OL but even that Mills couldn't slow down the DE when Josh did designed rollouts to the right on a number of plays.

You (and all the others complaining about the passing game) will just have to decide either to watch what they have or continue to complain.

It will be a rough year for the passing game.  One hope is Zay Jones can improve.

Zay is looking much improved. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's still early but you have to say these guys have done a great job of building the defense. It's starting to look really good and they've made some great pick-ups.

Once they decide to actually concentrate on the offense you have to have a little more faith that they'll build a good unit. 

If we end up with a defense that plays like this and an offense that can actually score points, we'll be deadly. Imagine a team trying to play catch-up from a couple of TDs down against our defense the way it played today.

Edited by RobbRiddick

26 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I have seen much worse offense from this team.

WE WON!!!  We came from behind.  Our Rookie QB led the winning drive.

Enjoy the win! 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

McCoy was great, today. And, with Ivory, we had a perfectly balanced run game-- exactly the one-two punch we were hoping for. And, our receivers stepped up today, as well. Even KB (who is so obviously not a #1) worked hard, and laid down some solid blocking when called upon.

What we desperately lack is a downfield threat.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree 100%.

Why is it if the Bills win, some people just think nothing negative can be posted?  Personally, I LIKE the wins, but I would much rather have playoff wins, a superbowl win.  Beating average teams at home in a defensive struggle while throwing for under 100 yards...we've seen that before, and I know it doesn't lead to the end goal that I want.

I'm not hear to read nothing but people cheering a win like today.  I'm happy they won, and I'm glad other people are happy. But I am more interested in conversation about what needs to be better so a game like this doesn't have to be won on a last second field goal.

It was an ugly win and I'm not pleased with the passing game performance, but the Titans are hardly an "average" team to date.  They were 3-1 going in and they've knocked off Philly and Jacksonville in tough bouts.  Maybe those teams are overstated at this point, time will tell, but I was happy with the tenacity the bills showed.

Edited by wiskibreth
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I posted a FIRE DABOLL thread last week and I'll eat crow. I was complaining about him not running the ball and sure enough he did and we won. It was a tight defensive game and the run was working so why go through the air? Also there was some crucial dropped passes which seems to be the trend this year.

We used 3 QB's in the preseason.  The team did a 180 at the end and shipped out our assumed starting QB.

Then we started Peterman for a couple of games, then we switched again over to Allen.

It's looked brutal out there but it's going to take some time for the wide receivers to get used to Allen.  They've been trying to adjust to receiving balls from 3 QB's.

41 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I can agree with all of this but the McCoy part. Shady is still a stud. 

The wide receivers need to be completely overhauled aside from 2. 

I was listening to the game on Sirius XM, and for some reason they switched the Bills broadcast to the Titans broadcast for the 3rd quarter.  Both Titans voices were talking about how amazing the fans are, showing up in force and cranking the stadium full tilt "for a 1-3 team."

Then I come here after a win and kick myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

I was listening to the game on Sirius XM, and for some reason they switched the Bills broadcast to the Titans broadcast for the 3rd quarter.  Both Titans voices were talking about how amazing the fans are, showing up in force and cranking the stadium full tilt "for a 1-3 team."

Then I come here after a win and kick myself.

Yes... all must think like you. Other opinions are nonsense. I don't agree at all with the trading McCoy crap, and I'm sure the OP and plenty of other posters even with criticism wanted the Bills to win.

I can go to a game, have fun and be loud, but then afterwards or even during the game say or think, this offense is awful. Being a fan and blindly praising and being optimistic, don't have to be mutually exclusive. Usually when they do they result in stupidity.

I'm happy they won, defense is looking great, but the offense is still awful. I can't take away anything from Allen's performances because of what they put around him.

16 minutes ago, driddles said:

We used 3 QB's in the preseason.  The team did a 180 at the end and shipped out our assumed starting QB.

Then we started Peterman for a couple of games, then we switched again over to Allen.

It's looked brutal out there but it's going to take some time for the wide receivers to get used to Allen.  They've been trying to adjust to receiving balls from 3 QB's.

I can't believe anyone would stick up for these receivers. They are just flat out bad. They'd all maybe make nice 3's?

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

...is that you Rodak?.....I'm sure trading them would bring a bountiful harvest........who would be the suitor(s) while you're at it?.....

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Yes... all must think like you. Other opinions are nonsense. I don't agree at all with the trading McCoy crap, and I'm sure the OP and plenty of other posters even with criticism wanted the Bills to win.

I can go to a game, have fun and be loud, but then afterwards or even during the game say or think, this offense is awful. Being a fan and blindly praising and being optimistic, don't have to be mutually exclusive. Usually when they do they result in stupidity.

I appreciate your feedback. But since you don't agree at all with the mind-numbingly moronic suggestion that we trade McCoy, it would see you DO think like me.

So thanks for that.

There's nothing wrong with being critical of the team. Losing your skull to the extent you start a thread that includes trading McCoy isn't being critical. It's being stupid.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's still early but you have to say these guys have done a great job of building the defense. It's starting to look really good and they've made some great pick-ups.

Once they decide to actually concentrate on the offense you have to have a little more faith that they'll build a good unit. 

If we end up with a defense that plays like this and an offense that can actually score points, we'll be deadly. Imagine a team trying to play catch-up from a couple of TDs down against our defense the way it played today.

My problem is that the Bills are a TEAM.  You have to concentrate on all "3" DEF, OFF and ST.  We've made some strides on D and they held up good without Hyde. The FA pickups have helped. We need that same commitment to offense and ST.  If Haushka missed all his FG's we'd pick up a kicker. Our WR's are missing in action and we need to rectify the problem now.  KB needs to take a seat. Holmes needs to be cut. Bring in one vet, like we are doing at QB. Someone who can help balance the offense.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

You bet the over didn't you? 

• Haha (+1) 1