Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

Take a deep breath and let logic sink in. He very well could be the next GOAT, but think about a couple of things. Does anybody really have extensive game film on him right now? No! Remember RGlll, Deshawn Watson, Jimmy G or any other QB that came out on fire. Where are they now? Back to the pack or out of the league. Mahomes is in the perfect situation. He is in a system that benefits young mobile QB’s and he has an All Pro tightend, running back and slot guy that can play anywhere. He is an ACL away from being RGlll. Is he playing ridiculous right now? Yes, but once teams have more film on him they will start exploiting his weaknesses. He may end up being a star for a long time but how many people jumped on the Dax bandwagon after year one and he is just another guy on a ****ty team now. People are to quick to judge and throw their new toy out for what is exciting in the moment. Breath and trust that the Bills did their homework and rebuilds take time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Meh.

Teams will figure him out. Denver held KC in check last night until Mahomes started escaping the pocket on every single drop back. Teams will plan for that.

I still think he’ll come down to earth. 

Plus I’m glad the Bills don’t employ a QB with that hair.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

He was (Whaley).

12 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Meh.

Teams will figure him out. Denver held KC in check last night until Mahomes started escaping the pocket on every single drop back. Teams will plan for that.

Teams will begin to make sure he can't roll out to his right, which is one of his strengths and will force him to pass effectively out of the pocket... he's really at his best on the run to his right side, that throw back across the grain is a killer.  Denver had their heel on KC throat last night and then they got KeenHAM'ed.... 

Mahomes would struggle in Buffalo, just as Allen would be doing much better in KC... this argument is worse that retarded, KC is stacked a skill positions, Buffalo isn't fielding pro-level receivers.

IT feel a little Dak Prescott to me, though Mahomes is more physically talented.

Edited by B-Large

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Exactly right, dude. When you suck in preseason for three years, you're not ready. That's what made it impressive that after three years of development suddenly he turned it around the next preseason. He developed.

As do many.

Who are the best three QBs in the league right now? Brady, Rodgers and Brees? What do they have in common?

Oh yeah, they all spent time on the bench developing and soaking it up before they got on the field.

Nope it doesnt mean any of that. Rodgers would have been good from day one, hell only reason he was on the bench was b.c he had a HoF QB in front of him. Brees didnt even sit a full season, Brady would have been good front he beginning. 

Edited by Boca BIlls

5 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Teams will begin to make sure he can't roll out to his right, which is one of his strengths and will force him to pass effectively out of the pocket... he's really at his best on the run to his right side, that throw back across the grain is a killer.  Denver had their heel on KC throat last night and then they got KeenHAM'ed.... 

Mahomes would struggle in Buffalo, just as Allen would be doing much better in KC... this argument is worse that retarded, KC is stacked a skill positions, Buffalo isn't fielding pro-level receivers.

IT feel a little Dak Prescott to me, though Mahomes is more physically talented.

That’s how I see it.

I was in the same boat with Dak as well. Never a big fan, saying he’s nothing special and then his rookie season made me look like a FOOL!!! But things reverted to how I thought they would.

I feel the same with Mahomes. However he’s in a position to succeed with all of the talent around him.

I don't care about the supporting cast. 

He's still light years better than Allen.

Now...that makes a lot of sense.....Having Kelce, Hunt, T.Hill..... has absolutely nothing to do with his success.....I'm sure he'd be the same QB with Clay, a beat up Shady , Jones and /or Holmes....

The second kc called and asked about the trade, McDermott should've instantly said no and taken Mahomes. He comes from the Andy Reid tree right? Didn't the light bulb maybe go off in McDermotts head? Andy wants this guy, maybe we should grab him. 

• Like (+1) 1

I love the reasoning often stated as : Brady , Rodgers, other great QB etc... they’ll make stars out of average WRs, a beer truck driver can play OL in front of them etc...

Then : Great QB X wouldn’t be great in Buffalo, as he doesn’t have a perfect team around him, doesn’t have the Coach to make him great etc. 

Circular logic rules the day, apparently. 

29 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Meh.

Yep. So !@#$ing ugly too.

this is nuts....

T\You realize if they thought about QV they looked ahead at the class of 2018 in 2017 and said who might be better.

Mahommes was raw coming from a place like Texas Tech made you question if he could do pro style offense with making tight throws.

he went to the ideal situation with a well established offense.

You could debare why Buffalo didn't trade with Houston instead of KC because they would have had pick at 4 and not had to trade anything.

they would have had 4 and 12 and take the two players there without trades then still had the 2 picks in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd --thus having 3 more prospects in the system then just 1 because  3 of 4 were traded.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

Nah.  No one needs to be fired.

But you could step up and quit following the team.   That would be a good faith effort to start making things happen at OBD...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not gonna sift through the responses because this is a painful subject, but I'm sure there's lots of Andy Reid, Travis Kelce, bad offensive line, blah, blah, blah.

Josh Allen would look exactly like Josh Allen if he was on Kansas City. It's okay to admit we made a mistake.

Mahomes is a generational quarterback.

1 minute ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Someone already was fired because they passed on Mahomes, despite Pegula wanting him badly.  His name was Doug Whaley

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707036-doug-whaley-passing-on-patrick-mahomes-rumored-to-be-final-straw-before-firing

Well he was fired almost immediately after the draft. It would seem the owner could have forced this issue, not sure if I’m buying this one. 

20 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

That’s how I see it.

I was in the same boat with Dak as well. Never a big fan, saying he’s nothing special and then his rookie season made me look like a FOOL!!! But things reverted to how I thought they would.

I feel the same with Mahomes. However he’s in a position to succeed with all of the talent around him.

Buffalo is where QB's are preordained to fail, I mean look at the awful situation Josh Allen is being set in.... how any Bills fan older than 12 years old start threads like this is incredible, somehow a different QB makes any difference... there couldn't be a worse situation for a rookie QB that Buffalo, maybe Cleveland.. but its highly debatable.

11 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm not gonna sift through the responses because this is a painful subject, but I'm sure there's lots of Andy Reid, Travis Kelce, bad offensive line, blah, blah, blah.

Josh Allen would look exactly like Josh Allen if he was on Kansas City. It's okay to admit we made a mistake.

Mahomes is a generational quarterback.

its been 4 games, how can anyone feel comfortable making that statement?  

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nah.  No one needs to be fired.

But you could step up and quit following the team.   That would be a good faith effort to start making things happen at OBD...

THANK YOU

this line of thought is actually rather funny bc it shows how little they actually know.

At least they have the decency to publicly admit/demonstrate it.

I liked Mahomes a lot. It could be argued the Bills even drafter 2018s version of Mahomes. Out of context, sure. It was a mistake. All things considered, stop whining about something you clearly dont understand 

23 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The second kc called and asked about the trade, McDermott should've instantly said no and taken Mahomes. He comes from the Andy Reid tree right? Didn't the light bulb maybe go off in McDermotts head? Andy wants this guy, maybe we should grab him. 

This would be some sound logic TBH.  

If Mahomes had played at the senior bowl i think there would have been a better chance of us selecting him.  The extended looks in practice, and the game film in more pro style offenses etc was important for McDermotts evaluation - based on the fact that we drafted 4 guys who played in the senior bowl (3 on offense). 

It's a tall task for McD to scout everyone himself based on the fact that he was coaching all season the previous year.  I imagine he watched a ton of film, but at the end of the day it's clear he wanted to get guys he met and liked.

11 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Buffalo is where QB's are preordained to fail, I mean look at the awful situation Josh Allen is being set in.... how any Bills fan older than 12 years old start threads like this is incredible, somehow a different QB makes any difference... there couldn't be a worse situation for a rookie QB that Buffalo, maybe Cleveland.. but its highly debatable.

its been 4 games, how can anyone feel comfortable making that statement?  

There are things Mahomes does on the field that NO OTHER quarterback can do. His accuracy on the move is GENERATIONAL. 

There is literally no one comparable to Mahomes in terms of talent. When you combine that talent with awareness and improvisation, you get a generational player. For the love of god, this guy had the presence of mind to move the ball to his left hand and shove it out to his receiver with one of the best pass rushers in the league on his a*s. What makes it even more impressive was that there was no thought involved. He just did it. You cannot coach that kind of instinct.

Did you see the play where he threw a dart on the run to Kelce somehow avoiding crossing the line of scrimmage? I thought for sure he had crossed the line. Did you see the 2nd and 30 throw? It's almost unfair. If I were an opposing coach, I'd be reluctant to accept any offensive penalty. I'm not giving this kid another down.

I'm comfortable making the statement because I've been watching football for over 30 years and NEVER seen anything like it.

People want to see Mahomes in Buffalo?  Get Andy Reid to coach here and you will see Mahomes like production at the QB spot.  Bring in the guy who sank Peyton Manning followed by a journeyman TE coach with a career 17ppg scoring record and you get what you get.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If one of those underthrows that hit the DB in the hands from last night gets picked off or the refs call what was a fairly routine and obvious delay of game, there's no comeback and the Chiefs lose and this thread doesn't exist.

but it didn't happen.......if Scott Norwood makes the FG the Bills are Superbowl champs and we never have to discuss losing 4 in a row...."If" is a horrible word

50 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I’ll be honest, that’s not totally crazy 

Just now, nucci said:

but it didn't happen.......if Scott Norwood makes the FG the Bills are Superbowl champs and we never have to discuss losing 4 in a row...."If" is a horrible word

Isn't the whole point of this thread what would have happened 'IF' we took Mahomes instead of Allen?

1 hour ago, B-Large said:

So far, Mahomes has been compared to Dak and Kaepernick. Interesting.

What's funny is that the same posters predicting Mahomes demise are the ones promising Josh Allen will soon be leading us to many, many Superbowls.

It's like some kind of bizzaro world where the worse you look, the better that portends for your long term prognosis.

13 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

In Pat Mahomes' worst game as #Chiefs starter, he:

-Snaps #Broncos 38-game streak of not allowing 300-yard passer
- Scores first career rush TD
- Commits 0 turnovers
- Orchestrates 4th-quarter comeback on road vs division foe
- Improves to 5-0 as #Chiefs starter (4 wins on road)

If Devers D had hands he should have had 3 interceptions last night. Saying that, he still looked damn good for large parts of the game.

jim

The biggest flaw in this type of thinking is that you presuppose that what Andy Reid did with his QB would have translated the same here.  Even if we would have taken him last year, that does not mean he'd be the same guy you've seen the first 4 weeks on a different team.

You can say both Mahomes is good AND he has the best supporting cast in the NFL. 

Those statements are not mutually exclusive.  

Alex Smith was a beast in that same offense... and then they got even better weapons. 

One of the best offensive coaches. 

One of the best offensive lines. 

One of the best running back units. 

One of the best WR units. 

One of the best tight ends. 

Trying to project how Rookie Josh Allen would look with those weapons AND a year under his belt to watch from the sidelines is a bit ridiculous. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

A lot of you guys must be rich. Otherwise I would think you would change careers to become an NFL QB Scout. Teams would get in a bidding war for the services of a QB scout who can accurately predict how the prospects will turn out. 

I am not one of the ones who loved Mahomes but there were good judges on here who did. As for the sarcastic "you would all be scouts" line we have demolished this before but being an NFL scout at the bottom of the pile even if you can get your foot in the door requires long hours, being away from home for months at a time and all for pretty bad pay. If you make it to the top you will earn good money but most don't. It is not a life for everyone. 

No ones getting fired over this- but I agree, he is playing out of his skull. If Mahomes was here, he wouldnt have squat to throw it to and his play wouldnt be nearly as good. Also, KC has a real offense, we have some sort of pop warner mickey mouse crap going on in these parts.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

So far, Mahomes has been compared to Dak and Kaepernick. Interesting.

What's funny is that the same posters predicting Mahomes demise are the ones promising Josh Allen will soon be leading us to many, many Superbowls.

It's like some kind of bizzaro world where the worse you look, the better that portends for your long term prognosis.

It's curious how certain... types of QBs never seem to get proper credit, yet so many Buffalo fans are convinced that Josh Allen is the white guy to lead us to the promised land

Oh oops I meant the right* guy, silly autocorrect

• Like (+1) 1