Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When they hired McD did you know 2018 was going to be a poo sandwich or just after he self mutilated his roster??

No

but lets not do revisionist history here......this team literally had no direction after the rex ryan clown circus came to town......it really hasnt had great direction for over a decade.

For better or worse you CAN see the plan that the bills front office is trying to put into action.....

If next offseason is a failure.....I will be fully prepared to start throwing shade on these front office guys....

For right now they are the first group to bring a play off game in over 15 years........while going through a rebiuld....keep in mind this rebiuld did not start this year....it started LAST year......and Beane and McD decided to have a poo sandwich year and get into position for a strong free agency next year.....with a owner willing to spend.....a QB in place......a defense with most of its parts......

I need to see the result of their plan before I can say it was a bad plan

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane was not our GM at the time of the 2017 draft.

One might want to consider all the ingredients surrounding Mahomes and how we lack them.

How we lack guys like Watkins, Woods and Goodwin is a problem and McD and Beane combined to make that and this putrid WR corps possible.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

His coach is an offensive guru, he has weapons, he sat for a year and learned behind a veteran. If he would have came to blo how do you know he would've looked the same?

Might not look exactly the same, but not completely different either. Do you believe the QB makes the team, or the team makes the QB? 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No

but lets not do revisionist history here......this team literally had no direction after the rex ryan clown circus came to town......it really hasnt had great direction for over a decade.

For better or worse you CAN see the plan that the bills front office is trying to put into action.....

If next offseason is a failure.....I will be fully prepared to start throwing shade on these front office guys....

For right now they are the first group to bring a play off game in over 15 years........while going through a rebiuld....keep in mind this rebiuld did not start this year....it started LAST year......and Beane and McD decided to have a poo sandwich year and get into position for a strong free agency next year.....with a owner willing to spend.....a QB in place......a defense with most of its parts......

I need to see the result of their plan before I can say it was a bad plan

Stop right there.

Rex was fired because his coaching was said to be holding the talent back.

Nobody considered this a roster tear down job until after McD started making roster decisions.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Beane was not our GM at the time of the 2017 draft.

One might want to consider all the ingredients surrounding Mahomes and how we lack them.

ppl just cant wrap their mind around it.

The team decided to do it differently.....doing it differentlly is making this a painful year....it doesnt mean the team is doomed...just that they are gonna do it their way.

Not everyone is going to agree with it and they are entitled to their opinion...but when Bean and McD get this clown car turned into a sports car hopefully we dont have  too many ppl breaking their leg trying to jump back on the bus

• Like (+1) 2

Stop with this nonsense already.  Don't get it twisted.  Look at the weapons he already had in place when he showed up in KC.  It's easy looking like the best QB in the league when you have a great receiving corps and a good backfield.  Mahomes would've absolutely failed in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Stop with this nonsense already.  Don't get it twisted.  Look at the weapons he already had in place when he showed up in KC.  It's easy looking like the best QB in the league when you have a great receiving corps and a good backfield.  Mahomes would've absolutely failed in Buffalo.

But McClueless isn't doing it the way I want it : (((((((

39 minutes ago, Yav said:

OMG - 4 games vs meh teams and people are ready to call him the GOAT. 

Remember Dak? How’s he look now? 

How about Russell Wilson? Not all that impressive these days is he? 

Mahomes will fall once KC plays better teams. They benefit every year from a weak schedule and weak division, they get into the playoffs and continue to loose in the first round. 

Probably should have stopped at Dak. Wilson is a horrible example. Yes, please give me a Super Bowl champion and a 4x Pro Bowler at QB..

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

How we lack guys like Watkins, Woods and Goodwin is a problem and McD and Beane combined to make that and this putrid WR corps possible.

Surely.  How we lack OLmen like 'Cog, Wood, Glenn and Henderson and with no sufficient attempt to replace them is a valid knock as well.

My point was simply we can't pine over Mahomes as though he could be dropped into the Bills offense and see anything close to the same level of success.

There's also the point that if Allen had a year on KC's bench mentored by Smith and coached by Andy Reid, then plugged into the Chiefs offense, his early results might differ.

The Bills drafted the least pro ready of this years top QB and have put the least talent around him and thrown him in soonest.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I dont even really know that Mahommes would have failed......he looks like he is talented.....

but I do have pretty strong opinion that he would NOT LOOK LIKE THIS.....not this year....I will say it again....there is not a single offensive player (maybe Shady?) that is not a starter over anyone starting for Kansas city....not one....not on the WR core....not in the TE core....not on the offensive line.   Then there is the offensive coach.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Stop right there.

Rex was fired because his coaching was said to be holding the talent back.

Nobody considered this a roster tear down job until after McD started making roster decisions.

It is not that uncommon for new coaching staff's to bring in their guys......this happens all the time in the NFL.....

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Surely.  How we lack OLmen like 'Cog, Wood, Glenn and Henderson and with no sufficient attempt to replace them is a valid knock as well.

My point was simply we can't pine over Mahomes as though he could be dropped into the Bills offense and see anything close to the same level of success.

There's also the point that if Allen had a year on KC's bench mentored by Smith and coached by Andy Reid, then plugged into the Chiefs offense, his early results might differ.

The Bills drafted the least pro ready of this years top QB and have put the least talent around him and thrown him in soonest.

Not finding a way to trade up to get Ben Roethlisberger is an "if".

Trading away the pick that was literally used on a franchise QB when you needed one more than anything is on another level.

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

No, it's not a sure thing yet. Too soon to say. Remember how good Dak Prescott looked his first year?

Best guess is that he's going to be a good one. It looks to me like a mistake.

Not a fireable one. If every GM who passed on a very good player were fired, there'd be no GMs left.

When you wouldn't decline a 1 for 1 trade of any player on KC's offense, then you know you have no supporting cast for your QB. Its not rocket science. Even when both O lines fall apart, and as much as Mahomes rolls out and makes a great pass, he finds WRs bc those WRs are also making things happen. Ours don't.

Who knows how either QB will end up, but this absurd notion that Allen has the same opportunity as Mahomes and should be judged as such is ridiculous..

Just now, John from Riverside said:

It is not that uncommon for new coaching staff's to bring in their guys......this happens all the time in the NFL.....

It's not uncommon here,  but it's A LOT LESS COMMON at most jobs.

Most coaches know they don't have the time to tear it down and they can clearly see that the best teams in the league for the past two decades haven't gotten there by bottoming out.    Tanking used to work but it hasn't worked for ANY team in the 2000's yet and we are nearly 1/5 into this century.

As I've said before..........part of the reason our owners allow it is because they traditionally don't know what they want,  let alone how to get it.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not finding a way to trade up to get Ben Roethlisberger is an "if".

Trading away the pick that was literally used on a franchise QB when you needed one more than anything is on another level.

I understand your viewpoint. 

My point is that if the Bills had drafted Mahomes and thrown him into the fire last year then onto this year with this crew around him, would he currently be perceived as a franchise QB?   Perhaps you own great working infrared hindsight googles.  Mine appear to be busted, but my Magic 8 ball says "perhaps not"

I have my own long list of "puzzling personnel decisions by McBeane and Co", and certainly the way the QB situation and draft were handled is on the list.  

I just don't believe one can look at the success of Mahomes in KC and realistically look at the situation here, and believe we'd be seeing close to the same performance.  YMMV

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not uncommon here,  but it's A LOT LESS COMMON at most jobs.

Most coaches know they don't have the time to tear it down and they can clearly see that the best teams in the league for the past two decades haven't gotten there by bottoming out.    Tanking used to work but it hasn't worked for ANY team in the 2000's yet and we are nearly 1/5 into this century.

As I've said before..........part of the reason our owners allow it is because they traditionally don't know what they want,  let alone how to get it.

Not gonna dispute that either....but wasnt that the mantra for years "get football decisions made by football guys" and not guys who were trying to sell tickets?

Well that is what they are doing...and I think they have been told they are safe so they know it doesnt have to be done in a year or even two years (we are in year 2) BUT THIS TEAM DID MAKE THE PLAYOFFS and they will get time for that as well......

Nobody is getting fired when this team doesnt do well this year.....they will be moving onto whatever premium pass rusher they can get with that first round pick and then probably go heavy on offense the rest of the way

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I understand your viewpoint. 

My point is that if the Bills had drafted Mahomes and thrown him into the fire last year then onto this year with this crew around him, would he currently be perceived as a franchise QB?   Perhaps you own great working infrared hindsight googles.  Mine appear to be busted, but my Magic 8 ball says "perhaps not"

I have my own long list of "puzzling personnel decisions by McBeane and Co", and certainly the way the QB situation and draft were handled is on the list.  

I just don't believe one can look at the success of Mahomes in KC and realistically look at the situation here, and believe we'd be seeing close to the same performance.  YMMV

Then they traded for their franchise QB the following year

I really think ppl are just upset at the order we did it.....to think Mahommes would look the same with this group of crap is for the challenged

I remember someone saying this about RG3 until his leg was snapped in half. I’d like to see Mahome’s endure a few injuries & see how good he’d look on a gimpy leg like Aaron Rodgers. My thinking is he’d look pedestrian.