Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

This dude looks way better than prescott or even watson looked so quit comparing him to them. No way he doesn't continue being great, he just has it.

Ill never understand why people had reservations on him i thought he was the best qb ive seen since i got heavy into the draft for sim league which is 5+ years.

As far as situation no one would look especially good with this pathetic offensive supporting cast, but his talent would show through, impossible to prove so whats the point in arguing it, he is in a great situation no doubt.

what will really get the staff fired is if in 2 years rosen looks good and allen is still a project.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

I remember someone saying this about RG3 until his leg was snapped in half. I’d like to see Mahome’s endure a few injuries & see how good he’d look on a gimpy leg like Aaron Rodgers. My thinking is he’d look pedestrian.

He plays nothing like RG3 did in his rookie season so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make besides throwing shade out of some sense of envy. 

23 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Probably should have stopped at Dak. Wilson is a horrible example. Yes, please give me a Super Bowl champion and a 4x Pro Bowler at QB..

I'm not fan at all of Wilson, but you are right. He is the type of QB i want: someone that you can trust to lead your team to win

40 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No

but lets not do revisionist history here......this team literally had no direction after the rex ryan clown circus came to town......it really hasnt had great direction for over a decade.

For better or worse you CAN see the plan that the bills front office is trying to put into action.....

If next offseason is a failure.....I will be fully prepared to start throwing shade on these front office guys....

For right now they are the first group to bring a play off game in over 15 years........while going through a rebiuld....keep in mind this rebiuld did not start this year....it started LAST year......and Beane and McD decided to have a poo sandwich year and get into position for a strong free agency next year.....with a owner willing to spend.....a QB in place......a defense with most of its parts......

I need to see the result of their plan before I can say it was a bad plan

Fair enough, let's see the result of their plan before judging it bad.

From the outlay of cash on FA such as Star Lotuleilei, Murphy and Vontae Davis, I think they intended to have an improved D.  I think they felt AJM was a servicable starting QB and that the offense would be not great, but serviceable - keep us in games, not make mistakes.  I think they felt Bodine and Newhouse were servicable pro OLmen.   I think they intended to upgrade our WR corps with moves like Darby for Jordan Matthews, moving up to draft Zay Jones, and trading a 3rd for Benjamin.  Their personnel judgement on many of these moves has not proven out, which makes me uneasy about the results of a big FA spend. 

But I view them as signs that the current poo sandwich was is a deeper and stinkier pile than they intended.  Thus I am skeptical that the current "poo sandwich year" was really the plan, nor that they have a master plan for who they want to target in FA and what they'll have to spend, rather than just sort of evolving into "OK, let's take a big helping o' dead cap this year and clean the slate" as they went along with the Dareus trade then the Wood retirement etc. 

I mean, if they wanted to draft a QB in 2018, wouldn't it have made some sense to have a poo sandwich last season, so as to be able to draft higher this spring at lower cost of picks?

But sure, wait and see.  Tom Petty had it right.

2 minutes ago, bouds said:

One day we will find out what really happened during the 2017 draft, who ran it, who called the shot, and whether it truly !@#$ed this organization for another decade.

I thought that was pretty well established.  McDermott made the picks using the draft board Whaley and his scouts assembled. 

McDermott called the shot.  Whaley knew at least a month before the draft that he was out.  Up thread someone linked a Ben Albright tweet to this effect, Albright is usually well connected.  He called Allen to Bills and Mayfield to Browns well before this years draft.

11 minutes ago, bouds said:

One day we will find out what really happened during the 2017 draft, who ran it, who called the shot, and whether it truly !@#$ed this organization for another decade.

The word is that both Pegula and Whaley wanted QB with Mahomes and Watson high on the list.  McDermott wrested control of the football operations and instead decided to make the deal to trade with KC. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

50 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Might not look exactly the same, but not completely different either. Do you believe the QB makes the team, or the team makes the QB? 

Yes. 

Both have an effect.  Usually the effect of the team on the QB is larger.  There are only a handful of guys in the history of the league who can carry a team pretty much on their own and even they are better as the team allows them to be (Rodgers is one of them)

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We also dont have KC's offensive supporting cast.....and of course Mahommes got to sit a year and was not ready when he came into the league....

but hey.......

Mahomes would have been good even if he didnt sit. QBs either have it or they don't. 

• Like (+1) 1

There is no question that Patrick Mahomes is and will be a better NFL QB than Josh Allen.  None.

That being said, Mahomes LITERALLY has had the most ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB of any QB ever (with the possible exception of Aaron Rodgers) and Josh Allen has LITERALLY had the least ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB of any QB ever (including David Carr).  And this is not hyperbole.  It is impossible to compare the two of them apples to apples.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

Mahomes would have been good even if he didnt sit. QBs either have it or they don't. 

Just now, Boca BIlls said:

That is simply not true....and you need look no further then look at Mahommes in the little time he got last year.

There are PLENTY of QBs that dont look great in their first years that go on and become very good qbs......

1 minute ago, metzelaars_lives said:

There is no question that Patrick Mahomes is and will be a better NFL QB than Josh Allen.  None.

That being said, Mahomes LITERALLY has had the most ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB than any QB ever (with the possible exception of Aaron Rodgers) and Josh Allen has LITERALLY had the least ideal transition to becoming a starting NFL QB than any QB ever.  And this is not hyperbole.  It is impossible to compare the two of them apples to apples.

I question the will be.....but the rest of this I totally agree with

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is simply not true....and you need look no further then look at Mahommes in the little time he got last year.

There are PLENTY of QBs that dont look great in their first years that go on and become very good qbs......

I question the will be.....but the rest of this I totally agree with

:huh: He only played in one game in 2017 in a start against DEN and he was very good. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:huh: He only played in one game in 2017 in a start against DEN and he was very good. 

WTF are you talking about...he was shaky in that game and it was talked abut at the time.....

Look corner....every one knows you didnt like the Josh Allen pick......

Edited by John from Riverside

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

WTF are you talking about...he was shaky in that game and it was talked abut at the time.....

Look corner....we all know that Mahommes was your boy.....time to move on and stop crying about it

Shaky?  Your memory in Allen protection mode is what's shaky: Patrick Mahomes 2017 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This is never going to end is it? 

Andy Reid is a great offensive coach, always has been. We have defensive coaches. Have for a long time.

Mahomes is running an innovative offense with extreme amounts of motions and 4 legit weapons that have to be accounted for each and every play. 

Its shooting fish in a barrel for Mahomes someone is always open. 

I’m in no way saying he’s a bad quarterback prospect cause he can make plays. 

But damn it’s been a few games, he hasn’t won jack sh** yet. Hasn’t been in pressure situations or playoff caliber games yet. 

Lets see what he does when there are some injuries, some bad weather, etc etc.. Freaking out and demanding firings cause KC has been a juggernaut is completely dumb. 

They are known for looking elite for the first half of the season. Alex Smith looked like a top tier quarterback the first few games last year. Just calm yourself, develop some patience. And enjoy the show. You are either a buffalo fan and ride this out or you’re not. The over reaction on here after a bad or good game is bi polar to say the least. 

There is no true way to debate or judge this for at minimum two more years. 

Edited by Rc2catch

Sliding Door moment of our time...

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

This is never going to end is it? 

Andy Reid is a great offensive coach, always has been. We have defensive coaches. Have for a long time.

Mahomes is running an innovative offense with extreme amounts of motions and 4 legit weapons that have to be accounted for each and every play. 

Its shooting fish in a barrel for Mahomes someone is always open. 

I’m in no way saying he’s a bad quarterback prospect cause he can make plays. 

But damn it’s been a few games, he hasn’t won jack sh** yet. Hasn’t been in pressure situations or playoff caliber games yet. 

Lets see what he does when there are some injuries, some bad weather, etc etc.. Freaking out and demanding firings cause KC has been a juggernaut is completely dumb. 

They are known for looking elite for the first half of the season. Alex Smith looked like a top tier quarterback the first few games last year. Just calm yourself, develop some patience. And enjoy the show. You are either a buffalo fan and ride this out or you’re not. The over reaction on here after a bad or good game is bi polar to say the least. 

There is no true way to debate or judge this for at minimum two more years. 

It wont end any time soon...

This is an absolute sliding door moment in the Bills history.. the day they traded down...

Im still hopeful that Allen will turn out better...

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I dont need to protect Josh Allen

He is going to end up proving me right all on his own.....it just might not be this year

You just intimated that Mahomes was bad in his 2017 action when he clearly was not as some sort of defense mecahnism for Allen.   No need for that as he was expected to take some time to develop.

I hope he rewards your faith in a big way to make all of us not have to talk about any other QB for a long time.  :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1