Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That is simply not true....and you need look no further then look at Mahommes in the little time he got last year.

There are PLENTY of QBs that dont look great in their first years that go on and become very good qbs......

I question the will be.....but the rest of this I totally agree with

He looked good last year. It always has been true.

Edited by Boca BIlls

28 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I thought that was pretty well established.  McDermott made the picks using the draft board Whaley and his scouts assembled. 

McDermott called the shot.  Whaley knew at least a month before the draft that he was out.  Up thread someone linked a Ben Albright tweet to this effect, Albright is usually well connected.  He called Allen to Bills and Mayfield to Browns well before this years draft.

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The word is that both Pegula and Whaley wanted QB with Mahomes and Watson high on the list.  McDermott wrested control of the football operations and instead decided to make the deal to trade with KC. 

I remember LaConfora reporting that Pegula loved Mahomes, wanted the QB/Mahomes, but ultimately the trigger was pulled by Doug Whaley and Pegula/McDermott stayed out of it.  Not sure that LaConfora is reliable, but there's so many angles.  Hope we truly find out.  

4 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

He looked good last year. It always has been true.

He wasnt bust bad in the game he played in (at the end of the year with pretty much the same team) but still shaky throws, a pick and no throwing scores.  He got to sit basically the whole year and he comes into his second year looking even better....he did NOT look this good last year.

Josh Allen did not get this opportunity....it is what it is....PLENTY  of top level qbs looked bad in their first year

4 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Seriously how the !@#$ did we not take this guy?

This guy is !@#$ing sensational and might be the best quarterback in the league for YEARS to come.

Not taking him is absolutely inexcusable and someone needs to be fired for this epic mistake. 

let's see how it plays out, there have been a lot of hot first time starters who played well for awhile only to falter later.

Hope he does well but I only care about what Allen does.

3 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

Mahommes is the real deal, and they whiffed on him.

There is a very real possibility that JA is Losman 2.

Our front office pretends like they are genius's, but they are a bunch of very average d*cks.

kaepernick is available.

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Mahomes would have been good even if he didnt sit. QBs either have it or they don't. 

Nonsense.

Pretty much the whole league disagrees with this. McD as well, as we learned, but Allen agrees with it too, as he's said.

Again, Rodgers absolutely sucked in the preseason his first three years. It really was only in his fourth year, having spent three years changing his mechanics and learning the game, that he suddenly looked very good in preseason.

Pretty much the whole NFL disagrees with you. It's why some guys are considered NFL-ready and others are developmental. Some guys need to learn and some don't. And guys with mechanics issues at QB are among the neediest ones, because it's hard to work on grooving movements into muscle memory when you're spending all your time learning game plans and studying defenses to handle the team that week.

2 hours ago, bouds said:

I remember LaConfora reporting that Pegula loved Mahomes, wanted the QB/Mahomes, but ultimately the trigger was pulled by Doug Whaley and Pegula/McDermott stayed out of it.  Not sure that LaConfora is reliable, but there's so many angles.  Hope we truly find out.  

I think you're misremembering here.

Plenty of people reported that Whaley was the one on the phone to Reid. Nobody reported that Whaley pulled the trigger, not that I remember.

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nonsense.

Pretty much the whole league disagrees with this. McD as well, as we learned, but Allen agrees with it too, as he's said.

Again, Rodgers absolutely sucked in the preseason his first three years. It really was only in his fourth year, having spent three years changing his mechanics and learning the game, that he suddenly looked very good in preseason.

Pretty much the whole NFL disagrees with you. It's why some guys are considered NFL-ready and others are developmental. Some guys need to learn and some don't. And guys with mechanics issues at QB are among the neediest ones, because it's hard to work on grooving movements into muscle memory when you're spending all your time learning game plans and studying defenses to handle the team that week.

Preseason...

5 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Preseason...

Exactly right, dude. When you suck in preseason for three years, you're not ready. That's what made it impressive that after three years of development suddenly he turned it around the next preseason. He developed.

As do many.

Who are the best three QBs in the league right now? Brady, Rodgers and Brees? What do they have in common?

Oh yeah, they all spent time on the bench developing and soaking it up before they got on the field.

Edited by Thurman#1

5 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

It's heartbreaking to watch this guy and knowing that we have still have a big Question Mark at QB.   Not to mention Deshaun Watson.    

But Whaley and the entire scouting department actually were fired immediately after screwing up and not taking either guy.   It's just stupid that you would have a lame duck staff run the draft.    Can't fire Pegula.

Don't start that lie..... Whaley was all set to take Watson end of story with Mahommes 2nd if taken.....It was your boy demett who wanted the trade down plain and simple. I was in Philly ready to celebrate but the coup was in . That draft was totally mcdermet from the trading down to talking with his boy Beane to trade up to get the sad left tackle and talking with a freaking college coach that he hired to get zay jones whom we traded up for .........this quack Mcdermet/ Beane  should be fired 

Edited by liverpoolkev
spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The word is that both Pegula and Whaley wanted QB with Mahomes and Watson high on the list.  McDermott wrested control of the football operations and instead decided to make the deal to trade with KC. 

....with Whaley being gone immediately after the draft, McDermott wresting and having control makes sense.....good find.......

46 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I think you're misremembering here.

Plenty of people reported that Whaley was the one on the phone to Reid. Nobody reported that Whaley pulled the trigger, not that I remember.

You heard wrong as usual     Mcdermett wanted and was given full control of draft he didnt like any of the QB    Whaley wanted Watson with Mahoome second but was overridden by Mcdermett......Don't start lying now that it's blowing up in his face 

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

That's your answer right there folks.......it was bad timing for the Bills (which is natural because there would never be good timing for the Bills).  They had a brand new HC and no GM and that is not the time NFL teams to go all in on a new franchise QB.

Ironic, because if it was 20 years ago they might have said, hey, WTF and drafted him.  But now, drafting a QB is a career and franchise altering decision so it's not going to happen without a whole bunch of people all in agreement on the plan.

I agree with this, but one thing I think getting left out here is how the Pegulas said that it made more sense to have the FO turn over after the draft rather than January. They praised themselves for it, and I remember seeing crap articles saying how they were redefining the NFL hiring calendar. 

That was all going on while the national media were like "the !@#$ you guys doing up there?", and scratching their heads. Everyone blew off the national media around here, and guess what, this year, any team making a GM change and turning over the FO did it in January.

It was another stupid decision by the pegulas and another sign that they are totally inept owners. I'm not blaming McDermott on this one, it's the clowns that own the team. I'm becoming very frustrated with their arrogance and incompetence.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, zonabb said:

McD is not Andy Reid. Kid is good but Reid and the weapons are huges reason for is success, as well as the patience to sit him for a year. Most wanted to play Allen right away and that was and is a mistake. I think Allen's collapse (eventual) and Mahomes success (eventual) will cost this regime. QBs cost management their jobs. 

Well, unfortunately, Josh Allen did not have Alex Smith in front of him. 

6 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

I totally agree...............we could'a had Mahommes and not given up any picks...........

Don't bother, the Kool Aid drinkers are not listening, they won't be listening when Allen busts while Mahomes is playing in SB's, they will make excuses for the franchise like they always do...