AJ was the only QB playing. Is he going to.be traded?

Tipster19

The last preseason game is usually the last rehearsal for players trying to make a club. It seems to me that the Bills wanted to protect their investments in both Peterman and Allen. My question is we’re the Bills highlighting McCaron so they can trade him? 

It’s been rumored that Gruden doesn’t feel like they have a good enough back up QB on their roster. I’m wondering if a trade of McCaron, Shaq and next year’s 1st rd pick could get a deal done with the Raiders for Mack. If not a trade for Mack then I still definitely think the Bills are thinking that AJ is expendable and he won’t be on the roster come the opener next week. If so I would think that if they do indeed trade him he will be involved  in some kind of package for a player rather than a draft pick. Could an offensive lineman be in play here? It just seemed strange that they only played McCaron in this last game, especially since he was coming back from being injured. I may be wrong on both scenarios but I definitely feel like he will be traded for something or someone.

1 hour ago, Best Player Available said:

The worst part of trading AJ is, good chance his wife goes with him.

to his hext team.

We still have Powers wife, and Peterman and Allen’s girls are not bad at all. I’ll take what we got 

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

The last preseason game is usually the last rehearsal for players trying to make a club. It seems to me that the Bills wanted to protect their investments in both Peterman and Allen. My question is we’re the Bills highlighting McCaron so they can trade him? 

It’s been rumored that Gruden doesn’t feel like they have a good enough back up QB on their roster. I’m wondering if a trade of McCaron, Shaq and next year’s 1st rd pick could get a deal done with the Raiders for Mack. If not a trade for Mack then I still definitely think the Bills are thinking that AJ is expendable and he won’t be on the roster come the opener next week. If so I would think that if they do indeed trade him he will be involved  in some kind of package for a player rather than a draft pick. Could an offensive lineman be in play here? It just seemed strange that they only played McCaron in this last game, especially since he was coming back from being injured. I may be wrong on both scenarios but I definitely feel like he will be traded for something or someone.

Why would the Raiders replace EJ with McCarron?

EJ's preseason line:  40/56 (71.4%), 477 yards 4 TDs, 0 ints, 9 passes >20 yards, 3 >40, rating 120.9.

Based on the logic used by many to justify starting Peterman next, if EJ was on the Bills roster, he would be starting over Allen next week....

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 1

The key to whether the Bills keep AJ or not actually is how much they value players like O'Leary or Ray-Ray.  If they think keeping an extra TE or a WR with kick return ability then you cut AJ (or trade 'em which I think is unlikely because back-up QBs like a Bridgewater are out there who by know means is starter quality but is a far more legit #2 than AJ who is a legit #3 at best.

Given the uncertainties at WR my guess is that McD/Beane see more value in a 2 unit playing WR (R/R on ST and back-up speed WR) and a pass-catching reliable TE than a #3 QB like AJ.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Browns were willing to give up a 2nd and 3rd for this guy and botched the paper work.  They saved themselves with their own incompetence.  

It was Cinci that screwed the pooch and themselves.

Initial reports had the Browns F-ing up but a few hours later the truth came out.

There's no value in a trade right now. 

Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it would be a thin trade package.

Makes more sense to me to play the season, and if he or Peterman do ok then trade them for something or someone of relative value next offseason. 

Let me also say NOTHING would surprise me at this point beyond the 8 or so guys that are unmovable.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

It was Cinci that screwed the pooch and themselves.

Initial reports had the Browns F-ing up but a few hours later the truth came out.

Nope, the Browns screwed it up.  But I'm sure they are happy that a screw up may have worked out in their favor.

Now they have TT (light years better than AJ) and Mayfield. 

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Who wants him? No one signed him when he was free. AJ is the third best QB on the roster. If anything he'll be cut.

But for some reason some folks think hed be in a package for xxxxx

It never ceases to amaze me how people think we can just package our crap and send it to another team for something worth while. 

Its the ultimate homer move and it drives me nuts. 

Like the guy saying (seriously) that he adds value to a trade to the raiders. Yikes. Its the paradox of someone being into it enough to participate on a message board but some how, hasnt a clue about the team or league.

Like that guy who called 550 last week to tell Schopp to sit Allen and that he 'didnt know anything about football'.... and then when asked to defend his position couldnt even recall Aaron Rodgers name... like foreal???

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, KingRex said:

The key to whether the Bills keep AJ or not actually is how much they value players like O'Leary or Ray-Ray.  If they think keeping an extra TE or a WR with kick return ability then you cut AJ (or trade 'em which I think is unlikely because back-up QBs like a Bridgewater are out there who by know means is starter quality but is a far more legit #2 than AJ who is a legit #3 at best.

Given the uncertainties at WR my guess is that McD/Beane see more value in a 2 unit playing WR (R/R on ST and back-up speed WR) and a pass-catching reliable TE than a #3 QB like AJ.

Except that Bridgewater isnt available anymore now that he's with the Saints.....

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

My question is... do you expect anyone here to know?

I find it incredulous on your part that you don't believe Beane and McDermott scour this forum hourly for hidden gems of information.  AJ's future with the Bills probably rests with the comments on this and other AJ forum topics.  I would not be surprised if the original poster for this topic was not really Beane trying to gauge fan interest in trading AJ, Shaq, and a first rounder for Mack.  I'm sure Gruden is also reading this forum.  Maybe he is the original author.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KingRex said:

Ray Ray stays but O'Leary should be gone. As we can keep Clay, Croom and Thomas and one of the younger guys on the practice squad. 

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I hope we keep him. With our porous O line, I want depth at the most important position on the field. He knows the offense and seems like a good fit with the other QBs. 

You know, Josh Allen is young enough and tough enough that maybe we get him some time on the O line protecting N.Peterman and AJ?  Now that's trusting a process!  ?