RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

Shades of the reception Donovan McNabb received when he was selected by Philly. While I have the same concerns about his accuracy issues, he has other traits that are superior. And I suspect that his footwork can be improved which will lend itself to better accuracy. He’s ours now. Let’s get behind the kid.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He would have been a horrible pick at 1 and is a horrible pick at 7. Scouts constantly drool over bad players literally every year. 

Yes and you're so much smarter than people who do this for a living.  You know more they they do!

Amazes me how people who know so little think they know more

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I'm really upset that we gave up:

#12 (1), #53 (2), #56 (2) to get:

Josh Allen and 7th rounder

and Arizona did:

#15, #79, #152 to get:

Rosen

I feel like we just paid Corvette price for a Chevrolet Malibu, meanwhile Arizona paid Camaro price for a Corvette.

They were saying that Arizona was supposedly actually trying to trade up to #7 with the Bucs for Allen. 

So so maybe we just have a different view on which is the corvette than the NFL talent evaluators do... (I hope!)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I'm looking forward to watching this kid develop. He has the tools. If he can put his game together, we've found a gem. If not, we didn't trade the farm for him and we can take another swing in 3 years.  I hope its a fun ride!

F that.

We had a Tom Brady sort of player in our grasp named Josh Rosen and we threw it away for a project with horrible accuracy issues and a demonstrated inability to grasp the mental aspect of the position that is so critical at the NFL level.

But he is definitely a big guy with a strong arm!  Whoo-hooo!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm sorry ... it is the absolute height of stupidity to trade 2 #2s for a guy nobody in their right mind wanted. Certainly not at 7.

Nobody wanted. Hilarious. 

6 teams didn’t want him. That’s all you know. And lots of people pegged him as No 1. Be realistic: This is not Aaron Maybin. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Shades of the reception Donovan McNabb received when he was selected by Philly. While I have the same concerns about his accuracy issues, he has other traits that are superior. And I suspect that his footwork can be improved which will lend itself to better accuracy. He’s ours now. Let’s get behind the kid.

Fair take. Thanks for a level head when panic seems to be the go to move.

2 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

That the higher you go in the top 10 the exponentially more expensive it gets.  Are you really that dense?  I mean gosh, who would have thought the 7th pick would cost more than the 10th?  MIND BOGGLING!

3 pick difference.  2 2 rounds picks and 7 vs 3 and 5. Come on. That’s a huge difference unless the Cardinals negotiated a great deal. 

LMAO at all the freak outs about a guy yet to step on the field.  

I love that all the arm chair GM's here are freaking out as if they know more than the professionals who invested thousands of hours into real due diligence and research to make the decision.  

It may or may not work out...but geezus, stop being so miserable about it and be stoked the Bills traded up for a guy they felt strong enough about that he was worth trading to go get.  AND WE KEPT OUR OTHER FIRST ROUND PICK.  

Some of you were screaming to trade both 2nds and 3 first round picks for #2 and Rosen who lasted to the TENTH pick.  So glad you guys aren't the GM

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Because:

1) we still have 22. We didn’t trade the farm

2) bust? Hahahaha. 

1.  We gave up two second rounders in a deep draft to move up 5 spots.  The Cardinals gave up a 3rd and a 5th to move up 5 spots.  And we probably didn't even need to trade up.  That may not be giving up the farm, but damn, I'd rather have those two second rounders if we didn't need to move.

2.  You argument is very compelling.  I'm worried that he hasn't completed 60% of his passes in a single season going all the way to middle school, but your "Hahahaha" has changed my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

F that.

We had a Tom Brady sort of player in our grasp named Josh Rosen and we threw it away for a project with horrible accuracy issues and a demonstrated inability to grasp the mental aspect of the position that is so critical at the NFL level.

Josh Rosen Tom Brady!

Take suicide. 

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

F that.

Tom Brady like.  Sure he is.  I would have liked Rosen too but come on.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO at all the freak outs about a guy yet to step on the field.  

I love that all the arm chair GM's here are freaking out as if they know more than the professionals who invested thousands of hours into real due diligence and research to make the decision.  

It may or may not work out...but geezus, stop being so miserable about it and be stoked the Bills traded up for a guy they felt strong enough about that he was worth trading to go get.  AND WE KEPT OUR OTHER FIRST ROUND PICK.  

Some of you were screaming to trade both 2nds and 3 first round picks for #2 and Rosen who lasted to the TENTH pick.  So glad you guys aren't the GM

Very well put. 

Now let the freakout continue. 

37 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Because:

1) we still have 22. We didn’t trade the farm

2) bust? Hahahaha. 

1) we got fleeced. Both 2nds? Did you see what the Cards gave up to move up to 10 for Rosen? A 3 and a 5.

2) You won't be laughing when you realize how bad Josh Allen is. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Bills4life1924 said:

I love all the negativity, really makes me laugh. Some ppl are talking like they are real scouts and know better than the professional scouts. Haha.. I hope Allen is really special and prove all these posters wrong!!

We all hope for that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ok, I'm over the shock and starting to find reasons to get excited (as I always do, I try my best to be a positive "look at the bright side" type of person). 

This team holds me hostage. Already my brain has decided he can be great. Why not right?? I'm just happy we didn't give up extra 1sts for him.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

The opposite of this.  Pegula's reaction to the kneeling controversy shows he's very uncomfortable with PR challenges.  That the Bills took Allen is proof that Pegula is giving Beane free reign. 

Nah, Pegula is just smart enough to know that this Twitter controversy will fade away quite fast. 

Pegula is such a **** owner, his teams will never have success.  The Bills maintain their laughing stock status.

Allen over Rosen, this mistake will be remembered for decades. FO is full of a bunch of arrogant pricks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 10