RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Shades of the reception Donovan McNabb received when he was selected by Philly. While I have the same concerns about his accuracy issues, he has other traits that are superior. And I suspect that his footwork can be improved which will lend itself to better accuracy. He’s ours now. Let’s get behind the kid.

McNabb was a more accurate in college in a much, much harder conference.  Also, Andy Reid is a much, much, much better qb coach than any on the Bills.

i can’t put into words how much I hate this pick.  I never got the Allen joe from the being.  I thought Rosen was the best qb in this draft and everything was happening perfect.  I feel like we handed Arizona Rodgers and we got stuck with Byron Leftwich who is terrible at Twitter.

I thought this whole trust the process stuff was completely overrated because a bad team lucked into the playoffs.  So disappointed but I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

• Haha (+1) 2

As one of the biggest Rosen supporters on here, I am going to be a good sport and move on very quickly. I hope he becomes the best QB in football and we all look back at this with glee. I'm not going to qualify my remarks in anyway, I'm behind him 100% now. Make it happen. Go Bills!

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 3

Love the pick, big tough kid!

Does he need to learn? Absolutely!

Is he going to start in September? Absolutely Not! This is why they got a veteran backup to carry the water till this big-armed, big bodied kid is ready 

4 minutes ago, CSBill said:

There's a reason you're not an NFL GM ....exhibit A above

Have you noticed NFL GMs and scouts are no more accurate than you, or I, or any mock drafter?

The track record of the entire NFL is HORRIBLE at selecting talent in the draft.  HORRIBLE.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

EJ Manuel all over again. Couldn’t even throw for 300 yards against trash. In many ways this is the same QB Buffalo has had for 20 years. There is just no hope for this franchise.

EJ was better in college in one of the best conferences. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

We have been down this road before with big strong armed QBs with mobility that have accuracy issues

Will it work out this time around?

Sooner or later the odds have to work in your favor.  Let's hope its this time.  Welcome to Buffalo Josh!

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The cost for the 7th pick and 10th pick are very different.  So try comparing to apples to apples next time.

So if they gave up all of next year's draft for the 5th pick, we couldn't talk about the disparity because the picks are "very different".  bull ****.  The Bills overpaid.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

Disgusted, completely f*cking disgusted. We gave up both 2nd's for a guy whonwould have been there at #12. 

No, he wouldn't have been.

Rosen and Allen would have been gone between AZ and Miami.

I'm not happy with the pick, I wanted Rosen, but seriously, they both would have been gone at #12.

10 minutes ago, Threedollabills said:

It's AJ in 2018. this is good. TRUST THE EFFING PROCESS!!!

So we traded up to 7, gave away two 2nds, for a guy WHO CAN'T EVEN PLAY HIS FIRST YEAR??  

Are you high?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL Jackson going to fall to the Patriots. 

I really don't care if he does.

What are the odds he will be as good as Brady?  Even if he turns out to be 'really good' (which is no guarantee), the Pats will be a lot worse with anyone besides Brady.

7 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Pegula is such a **** owner, his teams will never have success.  The Bills maintain their laughing stock status.

Allen over Rosen, this mistake will be remembered for decades. FO is full of a bunch of arrogant pricks.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO at all the freak outs about a guy yet to step on the field.  

I love that all the arm chair GM's here are freaking out as if they know more than the professionals who invested thousands of hours into real due diligence and research to make the decision.  

It may or may not work out...but geezus, stop being so miserable about it and be stoked the Bills traded up for a guy they felt strong enough about that he was worth trading to go get.  AND WE KEPT OUR OTHER FIRST ROUND PICK.  

Some of you were screaming to trade both 2nds and 3 first round picks for #2 and Rosen who lasted to the TENTH pick.  So glad you guys aren't the GM

Incredible, isn't it? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So we traded up to 7, gave away two 2nds, for a guy WHO CAN'T EVEN PLAY HIS FIRST YEAR??  

Are you high?

He might not be ready to play ever, and I'm not joking. 

Josh Allen is no where close to being ready to play NFL football. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Dark said:

So if they gave up all of next year's draft for the 5th pick, we couldn't talk about the disparity because the picks are "very different".  bull ****.  The Bills overpaid.

No they didn't.  Stop.  

5 minutes ago, rednecksbasketball said:

After thinking about it for a while, I think this is a solid pick up.   He is an NFL QB, with a solid arm.

I like Rosen as well, but he has some serious durability issues.   I dont think he will last as long as many think

Name one team in the top 25  that this kid could have started for...

Edited by RollBillsRoll

Just now, jrober38 said:

He might not be ready to play ever, and I'm not joking. 

Josh Allen is no where close to being ready to play NFL football. 

I know. If he does as well as Fitzpatrick, I'd be shocked.