RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

So we traded up to 7, gave away two 2nds, for a guy WHO CAN'T EVEN PLAY HIS FIRST YEAR??  

Are you high?

I think they might have figured "well we don't have anybody for him to throw the ball to, so might as well draft a guy who has to sit for a year" #sarcasm

I'm just upset that we gave up TWO seconds to move up and get him, then f*ckin' Arizona gives up a 3rd and 5th to move up for Rosen.

#/wrists

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

What a disaster. Hope I'm wrong. 

You're "confused" about Rosen being a prick?

Josh Rosen, on getting drafted by the Cardinals: “I dodged getting drafted by the Browns, Jets, AND Bills. I’m the luckiest man on earth.”

He is, and will continue too be an !@#$.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Incredible, isn't it? 

Yes...actually wildly entertaining to be honest hahaha watching all the panic.  The same people who screamed to give up 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks to get Rosen that was still on the board at 10.  Maybe they don't know as much as they think and should just be patient and see what Josh Allen does on the field before they declare what his career will be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

nonsense...Arz/Miami would have taken him

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

No, he wouldn't have been.

Rosen and Allen would have been gone between AZ and Miami.

I'm not happy with the pick, I wanted Rosen, but seriously, they both would have been gone at #12.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Dumb move by Beane and Co. Utterly stupid.

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

McNabb was a more accurate in college in a much, much harder conference.  Also, Andy Reid is a much, much, much better qb coach than any on the Bills.

i can’t put into words how much I hate this pick.  I never got the Allen joe from the being.  I thought Rosen was the best qb in this draft and everything was happening perfect.  I feel like we handed Arizona Rodgers and we got stuck with Byron Leftwich who is terrible at Twitter.

I thought this whole trust the process stuff was completely overrated because a bad team lucked into the playoffs.  So disappointed but I sincerely hope I’m wrong.

I’m not comparing McNabb and Allen as QBs. Everyone knows McNabb had the superior college career. So get off that. I’m simply comparing the relative fan reactions when they were selected. 

On on another note, I love the move to go up and get Edmunds.

Just now, H2o said:

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Dumb move by Beane and Co. Utterly stupid.

I don't like the pick, I wanted Rosen, but stop making things up.

Allen wouldn't have been available @ #12.

That's just a fact.

Arizona was trading up, Miami was ahead of us.

Rosen and Allen would have been gone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

That's just a fact.

How is your hypothetical "just a fact"?  Aren't you "making things up"?

• Like (+1) 1

Don't love this pick. Wanted Rosen even though he is a prick. Dude is hungry. I worry about Allen's accuracy. That's tough to fix. His receivers only dropped 4.8% of passes. He misses easy throws. I hope his issues are fixable. 

1 minute ago, Dark said:

How is your hypothetical "just a fact"?  Aren't you "making things up"?

Miami was well known to not be happy with Tanny longterm, and were high on Rosen, Mayfield, and I believe Allen also.

Arizona traded up ahead of Miami because they knew they wanted a QB.

That's two QB's gone before us at #12.

Just now, HappyDays said:

This team holds me hostage. Already my brain has decided he can be great. Why not right?? I'm just happy we didn't give up extra 1sts for him.

Why find reasons to mope and be sad, right? What's the point in that? 

Obviously actual NFL teams loved Allen. Let see what he can do. 

Love, love, love this kid's attitude so far. Already talking that he never wants to play for another team. Is beyond thrilled to be in Buffalo (which we all know isn't always the case by any means).

IMO Beane and McDermott have been great so far and (again IMO) they've earned the benefit of the doubt. 

We got 2 top 10 rated talents in the draft and still have picks in round 3-7. 

If they got the QB of their offense and defense for two extra 2nds and a 3rd it's a huge huge win. 

Fingers crossed! 

10 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

Josh Rosen, on getting drafted by the Cardinals: “I dodged getting drafted by the Browns, Jets, AND Bills. I’m the luckiest man on earth.”

He did not say that. That's a joke twitter account.

2 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Don't love this pick. Wanted Rosen even though he is a prick. Dude is hungry. I worry about Allen's accuracy. That's tough to fix. His receivers only dropped 4.8% of passes. He misses easy throws. I hope his issues are fixable. 

Major accuracy issues are never correctable. 

Not in 25 years has it happened. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes...actually wildly entertaining to be honest hahaha watching all the panic.  The same people who screamed to give up 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks to get Rosen that was still on the board at 10.  Maybe they don't know as much as they think and should just be patient and see what Josh Allen does on the field before they declare what his career will be.

This is reasonable.

but right now, if you had to bet your house on it, would you bet on Allen being a star or a bust?  It’s so hard to predict college qbs transitioning to the pros but a low completion % is very troubling.  And it was in a low level conference.  

I think they fell in love with his size and arm and this BS that it snows every day in Buffalo.  I hate this pick but I’m rooting to be wrong.  But there’s so much evidence that he is going to struggle to make it.  His ceiling seems to be Joe Flacco.

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Love his deep ball... but without a deep threat or protection it’s a hold your breathe and hope for the best move.

fingers crossed 

He won't start for at least another year.   They will have to rebuild the offensive line in the meantime somehow.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's just a fact.

Oh yeah, just a fact? Ok :thumbsup: In fact you are making up your own "facts" thinking he would have surely been gone. 

1 minute ago, #34fan said:

Beane effectively fired himself with this draft.... All chalk, not much research ... Prepare to WEEP over all the 2nd round GOLD this bone-head erased.

Not much research? Is that a joke?

You think Beane just half assed this decision?

I think Allen could turn out to be the perfect fit for Buffalo and the weather. If he can sit behind McCarron and learn for a yr or two. He's big, smart and has a cannon. It's a risk but Cleveland took as great a risk in my opinion with both their first round choices. I love Edmunds. Wouldn't have dreamed we'd get our franchise QB and one of the 2 premier  lb's. In the draft. Home run. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billspro said:

Allen and Mahommes are the same type of prospect. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. 

Mahomes was a better prospect.

Exponentially better college production, better accuracy, more moxy. 

List any trait except height, and Mahomes did it better than Allen. 

Just now, H2o said:

Oh yeah, just a fact? Ok :thumbsup: In fact you are making up your own "facts" thinking he would have surely been gone. 

Well.

It's a fact that Rosen or Allen would be gone, since AZ traded up and took Rosen.

Miami was very high on a QB as well, which is why AZ leapfrogged them.

So while nobody knows for sure, your assumption that Allen would still have been available @ #12 is much less plausible than my scenario.

8 minutes ago, OJABBA said:

That's hilarious. I would justifiably feel slighted as well. He dropped because he's been under public scrutiny for so long. I will root for Allen, deeply, and pray I'm dead wrong.