RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

My over under on Rosen getting concussed is week 2........of the preseason ;)

At least we got a big strapping fellow not some skinny wimpy guy thats made of glass.

Allen looked real happy to be a Bill and called us the greatest fans in football.

Lets support the kid and hope he is the guy.

Edited by JMF2006
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

His upside is probably higher than that, he also has the most downside. 

I will talk myself into it. I like his personality and talent. I'm going to rewatch film on him this week. 

His upside is higher than Big Ben??? You’re drinking some good stuff.

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yep.  They overpaid by the equivalent of an extra 2nd according to the trade value chart...

It's the price of entry for a QB - the Jet's paid 3 2nd round pics to move from 6 to 3, overpaying by ~50%. It's fine that we overpaid - I think it's more important that we got to keep our other 1st round pick, and get another game-changing talent.

20 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Mahomes was a better prospect.

Exponentially better college production, better accuracy, more moxy. 

List any trait except height, and Mahomes did it better than Allen. 

I gave them similar grades coming out of college. 

All Mahommes did was throw screens in college, you can see way more NFL throws on Allens tape

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Yeezus said:

I really don't understand this franchise's eagerness to ALWAYS !@#$ing draft a project QB

we passed up on the best passer since Luck for a guy that crumbled anytime he saw a decent college defense. 

"but he didn't have good WRs at Wyoming."

We are going to hear that a LOT.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

No need to wonder, he isnt getting on the field this year.   I am not even 100% sure he will be number 2 on the depth chart.

I am behind the pick but he isnt ready to play.

Good thing we have perennial Pro Bowler AJ McCarron for him to learn from.

1 minute ago, PolishDave said:

What kind of crap did you do when you were 15 or 16?

Probably a little worse than what he did?   No doubt.

Yeah I regurgitated white supremacist garbage all the time.....

How 'bout you?

:thumbdown:

I hated the pick. I wanted almost any other qb. I still kind of feel that way...but I’m a die hard Bills fan. He’s on my team now, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I just let go the anger and embrace it. I hope he ends up being great. I’m just real worried about him. I really want to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

I'm so disappointed on how a good portion of our fan base is reacting to what should be a top 3 moment in Bills history, we have so many fans that are total brats, behaving like small children cause they didn't get what they want, how many will lie 2 years from now and claim they supported Josh Allen from day one.

Pretty much all of them. How many Bills fans here wanted Allen over Rosen? <1percent?

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why? Nfl Gms are wrong all the time. Has Beane ever been the lead guy in drafting a qb?

No. But have I done countless hours of research/film study and is an expert on drafting QBs? Not even close. 

Ill trust the experts opinion any day over mine.

I will admit I wanted Rosen, but I will also admit I support the Allen pick. There's a reason that many thought he would go #1 and that many are still surprised that Baker went instead of him. I'm an optimist, so I expect great things.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

If he doesnt pan out and rosen does i may never forgive this franchise. Ever. thought for certain the trade up was for rosen. They obviously see cam newton in allen but its a gigantic gamble

Rosen is going to die behind that line.

7 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Rosen/Edmunds would have been a first round made in heaven.

Troy Aikman said Rosen is the most polished passer he has ever seen and was worthy of #1 overall.

He also said that in all his years playing and watching the game he has never seen a QB with Allen's issues succeed.

I don't hate Allen but I have a hard time understanding why they would pass on Rosen.

Seeing him sitting there looked like a repeat of Aaron Rodgers on draft day.

Kudos to the Cards. They ain't so stupid.

Trent Edwards is the next Joe Montana. People say things. 

Matt Ryan had 2.7% more completed passes than Allen in college. It is a concern. But it’s not unheard of that dedicated smart players improve. 

The 16 years old tweets using the word “nigga” are something he’ll address day one. No one will beat him up for that. His teammates love him. He’s a baller. Whether he will be a good QB. Who knows. Hope he will be!