RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Cards gave up nothing for Rosen. 

I can see the headlines now

”Baker becoming an immediate tone setter for the Browns”

”Rosen pushing Bradford for the starting job”

”Darnold showing quick understanding of the offense”

”Allen hit a hospitality tent and an outhouse today”. 

Comparing Allen to EJ is nonsense. If you aren’t willing to give a kid with his talents a chance then there is something else going on in your own mind.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

YESSSSSS!!!!

To all those that are disappointed. You will be very pleasantly surprised. He will burst into the scene like Cam Newton did when he came out of the gate and surprised everyone with how well he could throw.

His accuracy is going to be improved with the work he has done on his footwork and mechanics. 

Besides that, he is a great kid (despite the 6 year old tweets) and a great leader. He was Wyoming this year and had to shoulder more responsibility than any other QB this year. 

I know many many of you are disappointed, but I am so excited. I’m normally a guy that would write off a QB with Allen’s stats. But he is different. The stats don’t match the ability. Now I hope we can all embrace him as he leads us into the future!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm looking forward to watching this kid develop. He has the tools. If he can put his game together, we've found a gem. If not, we didn't trade the farm for him and we can take another swing in 3 years.  I hope its a fun ride!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, K-Apps said:

This screams arrogant “We got you to the playoffs, we can do no wrong” pick. Beane and McDermott put their careers on the line with this pick, they better hope Allen is a decent QB.

We may not know for years. McCarron coukd be our starter for a while, who knows 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, OJABBA said:

Josh Rosen, on getting drafted by the Cardinals: “I dodged getting drafted by the Browns, Jets, AND Bills. I’m the luckiest man on earth.”

Rosen is a notorious !@#$. He will continue to be an !@#$

I'm so glad he wasn't the pick.

he didn't say that did he?

Just now, Woodman19 said:

This is a guy who was rumoured to be going #1 for quite some time and you all think its a horrible pick to take at 7 just because you personally dont like him?  Lots of NFL scouts have been drooling over him.

He would have been a horrible pick at 1 and is a horrible pick at 7. Scouts constantly drool over bad players literally every year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Woodman19 said:

This is a guy who was rumoured to be going #1 for quite some time and you all think its a horrible pick to take at 7 just because you personally dont like him?  Lots of NFL scouts have been drooling over him.

Lots of NFL scouts drooled over Jamarcus Russell, Kyke Holler and Akili Smith too

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to RD1: Phttps://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/204955-rd1-pick-7-josh-allen-qb-wyoming/ick 7, Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

I’m dead inside. I’m going to get there, eventually. But I feel like I got punched in the stomach. 

2022 Edit: I’ve never been so wrong. I had no idea. Could not be happier about the pick now. Succumbed to the analysts, etc. back then. But that post could easily sum of my feelings from Sunday night (unrelated to Allen, who is the silver lining of it all)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to RD1: Pick 7, Josh Allen QB - Wyoming