Fred Jackson Signed a One-Day Contract to Retire as a Buffalo Bill

FRED JACKSON THROUGH THE YEARS

juniorhigh--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width

From Division III to the NFL, Fred Jackson has seen it all in his football career. Congrats on a remarkable career.

FRED JACKSON: THANK YOU BUFFALO

fred-story-4-18-story.jpg

On Wednesday, Bills former running back Fred Jackson will put a bow on his impressive 10-year NFL career, by signing a one-day contract as a Buffalo Bill. Jackson took the time to share his thoughts on what his time in Buffalo meant to him.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 6

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Fred Jackson Working on a One-Day Contract to Retire as a Buffalo Bill
1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Awesome! 

I doubt he ever makes the W.O.F...but it would be great to see him lead the charge someday, with his hulk pose!

Maybe they’ll build him a statue and put it next to Ralph 

Weird that he's "working on it."  What kind of contract language do they have to sort out?

Never forget Whaley stabbed Freddy in the back in TC in 2015 in favor of Bryce Brown.  Freddy probably doesn't retire a Bill if Whaley wasn't canned.

Edited by jmc12290

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Good for him, I guess.

You wait until it’s Moorman. This place is gonna go bananas.

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

This is my wall paper at the gym

I can honestly say I have no idea what this means.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

Awesome! 

I doubt he ever makes the W.O.F...but it would be great to see him lead the charge someday, with his hulk pose!

He led it this past year I believe! Awesome moment between him and kyle if you have the time to look it up

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

This is fantastic news.  He was a great Bill and a fan favorite.

Not Wall worthy, though.

I definitely think in the new stadium there should be something to commerate former Bills. Guys like Frank Lewis, Freddie, Jerry Butler that were fan favorite but not "WoFers". 

• Like (+1) 2

To answer evanmachlan's question, he knows his playing career is over even though he would have liked to play longer.  I think it is great to give him a chance to retire as a Bill.  No, he was not one of the all time great running backs in the league, but he was surprisingly good considering where he went to college.  He was a great blocker, and though not blessed with elite speed, had amazing vision.

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

You wait until it’s Moorman. This place is gonna go bananas.

I can honestly say I have no idea what this means.

The wallpaper on my phone when I go to the gym changes to this.