Have you ever been less excited for a SB?

Process

The superbowl is this sunday.. and I don't even care. 

Don't have plans yet, and again, don't even care. 

Usually one of my favorite days of the year, but my excitement for the game is at an all time low. 

Sick of watching the Patriots, its really gotten old. Plus, the matchup blows. Nick Foles, seriously? Shows how bad this league is starving for talent. 

Even if the Eagles pull of the upset, can you really take pleasure in it? We get to watch a bunch of a**hat fans burn a city to the ground. 

O well, heres to good food, company, and not getting 5-5 in my office superbowl pool this year. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 8

I agree. I have mentally checked out and will not be watching. I'd rather spend that time watching some video of possible draft prospects. I'm boycotting the pro pats officiating. These are probably two of the most obnoxious fan bases in the nfl. No winner here.

I don’t know - there is something about having such a perfect villain in there.  I’m actually stoked.  If philly can pull it off - which they can - it will be like a 2nd Christmas.

I’ll be drinking beer and eating wings like usual, and hopefully watching Belichick’s expression get more dour with each passing quarter.

33 minutes ago, Process said:

The superbowl is this sunday.. and I don't even care. SUX to be you......

Don't have plans yet, and again, don't even care.  Again - sux to be you......

Usually one of my favorite days of the year, but my excitement for the game is at an all time low. AND yet AGAIN - SUX to be you.....

Sick of watching the Patriots, its really gotten old. Plus, the matchup blows. Nick Foles, seriously? Shows how bad this league is starving for talent.  Should be Wentz but will be more than happy to see the EAGLES win.....

Even if the Eagles pull of the upset, can you really take pleasure in it? We get to watch a bunch of a**hat fans burn a city to the ground. And for a 4th time SUX to be you....Philly fans are just as passionate as we are - some bad peeps put a bad light on things......lets see our fans are known for .....ummmm peeps landing on tables, peeps falling off hand rails and injuring other below them, BJ's for Kiko's jerseys, peeps wandering around drunk outside of a game and dying...and lets not forget the people on fire in the lots.....hey I am season tix holder from 1986 thru 2007...saw more than my share of crazee **** that makes philly **** pale in comparison AND I am from Philly and went to more than my fair share of games there......from the trenches I can tell ya, aside from santa getting pelted by snowballs - Who The F!@$ likes santa anyways?  Philly no where near as bad as you think, NO WHERE.

O well, heres to good food, company, and not getting 5-5 in my office superbowl pool this year. Good luck in your pool, eat lots and drink more - it will help you...

• Like (+1) 1

Donating blood with the Red Cross Sunday so at least it'll feel like I've done something productive on that day.

Be rooting for the Eagles but it's not gonna break my heart to see them lose.  Either way most likely won't be watching it in its entirety. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Rico said:

Only have to go back a couple of years to find a worse match-up, Denver - Carolina zzzzzzzzz.

I'll throw this out there -- I still harbor bitterness toward the NFC and their fans because the Bills lost 4 in a row smack dab in the middle of a 13 game afc losing streak in the SB, and so many people said that the Bills were a weak team relative to the nfc elite. This is despite the fact that that Bills went 14-0 in meaningful games against the nfc in those four seasons (they lost twice in final games of the season when they rested starters after clinching home field: against detroit in OT and the redskins).

Anyway, if the pats win, it'll be 26 to 26 afc vs the nfc in 52 SBs. It sucks that it'll be the pats that tie it if they win, but to quote rumsfeld, you go to war with the army you have, not the one you wish you had. 

On the other hand, i have a number of close friends and relatives from the philly area who are fanatical eagles fans, and this means a lot to them. Say what you will about philly fans, but at least they are passionate. That counts for almost everything in my book. Jax was my nightmare: a boring team with a terrible fan base.

Edited by dave mcbride

I will watch because of course I’ll watch. But I’m not excited about the teams. And I’m not turning it on until the national anthem. The pregame is always brutal after 2 weeks of coverage and I’m just not interested in any of it. I am excited about my menu, though. 

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve already scrolled ahead on the guide to see what else is on. We’ve got Puppy Bowl XIV and Magic Mike XXL.

I LOVE puppies!!! We are talking about getting one. Puppy Bowl may steal the lead here....whatever that is....

It’s another SB my Bills are not in. No better, no worse. I’ll be watching. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Honestly, no. I am less excited for this superbowl than any other in living memory. It absolutely sucks.

You don’t like the idea of Schwartz sending guys in to knock Brady around? That alone has me curious enough to watch. :)

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

I agree. I have mentally checked out and will not be watching. I'd rather spend that time watching some video of possible draft prospects. I'm boycotting the pro pats officiating. These are probably two of the most obnoxious fan bases in the nfl. No winner here.

Do you not have any friends?

You're gonna watch videos of prospects instead?

I'm sorry, but get a life.

I usually don't want to watch it, and if I ever followed through on not watching it, I'm not youtubing prospects. That's just pointless. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I may be in the minority, but SB halftimes do nothing for me. I don’t mind the long halftime to drag it out, but it’s used more to eat, drink and hit the head. The best day of the year may be AFC/NFC Championship day. You get a full day, and it’s actual football! 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Patriots vs Seahawks Super Bowl has probably been the Super Bowl I've cared the least for so far but this one is up there as well

That's the last time I did not care for a Super Bowl.

I hated both of those teams, and could not muster the strength to cheer for anyone in that game.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

I am going to "take a Knee" again and pass on watching a Patriot love fest, stupid commercials and a liberal halftime experience. 

Yes I really hate those Justin Timberlake hits "Pusher Agenda Girl" and "Rock Your Body (but don't tell me what to do with mine)" 

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve already scrolled ahead on the guide to see what else is on. We’ve got Puppy Bowl XIV and Magic Mike XXL.

This year they are having one with grownup dogs too. I'm looking forward to that. Puppies are over rated.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

You don’t like the idea of Schwartz sending guys in to knock Brady around? That alone has me curious enough to watch. :)

I remember the last game of the 2014 season. Bill Bellyache took Tommy out at half time because he was getting mauled by Schwartz and the guys.

5 hours ago, Rico said:

Only have to go back a couple of years to find a worse match-up, Denver - Carolina zzzzzzzzz.

Yea this is kinda on par with that for me.  There have been Superbowls in recent years I have really looked forward to... both Patriots - Falcons and Patriots - Seahawks felt like proper games.  This one not so much.