Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

He only has 5 super bowl rings as a coach. Would have preferred a guy with like 6, but oh well.

The fifth one is "One for the Thumb." What do you do with the sixth?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

He inherited the bama job. Little experience.  Not a good hire in my opinion.  Def a money move.  I thought ken dorsey was the right guy.  We need passing focused offense ccordinator, not another run guy.  

Doubt it was a money move as the Pegulas have proven time and again that money is no object. This seems more like a take what you can get move. Face it, we aren’t attractive to some candidates because other than Shady, and a couple decent linemen, our O is hurting for talent, especially at the skill positions.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am a huge Bama fan and have been  watching them all year and I can tell you the Brian is very creative in his play calling and he also calls plays based on the players strengths. I think he will do very well here.

Came here to post this

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

3 times as an NFL OC has been Blah maybe now more seasoned 4th time will be a charm

Didn't have much to work with. Dealt with the Browns, then the Fish (where he raised the offense from 30th to 20th in one year) and then had to work with Matt Cassel in KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Didn't have much to work with. Dealt with the Browns, then the Fish (where he raised the offense from 30th to 20th in one year) and then had to work with Matt Cassel in KC. 

Excuses the designs of the offenses and the playcalling where blah. 

Better options out there but will wait and see but at this point dont like it. There was no rush to hire Brian Daboll

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

He inherited the bama job. Little experience.  Not a good hire in my opinion.  Def a money move.  I thought ken dorsey was the right guy.  We need passing focused offense ccordinator, not another run guy.  

More experience than Dorsey.

Dorsey was the QB coach on a team that had its previous QB coach as it's OC. I have no clue how you've gathered that Ken Dorsey is the next great innovative offensive mind. The evidence just isn't there to give him an OC job. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That was one of the weirdest opening paragraphs I've read in an article ever

Brian Daboll speaks. Sounds exit when he opens his mouth. His diction is crisp and clear, and free of any noticeable accent. More specifically, he says nouns, verbs and adjectives, stringing them together to complete sentences. These sentences form paragraphs, which then create entire thoughts and ideas.

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I am a huge Bama fan and have been  watching them all year and I can tell you the Brian is very creative in his play calling and he also calls plays based on the players strengths. I think he will do very well here.

I am, as well, and I agree with your take. I'm glad that they didn't go with a failed retread like Mike McCoy. I think a younger, forward thinker like Daboll also signals all-in on an early QB selection. What he did with Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa was impressive. The 2nd half of the College Championship game against a great Georgia D was masterful. GO BILLS!!!

Edited by ExWNYer

Interested to see what Charles Clay and Richie Incognito think as they played for him in Miami.

Being able to use a guy like Charles bodes well for how he will use Shady. He does a really good job getting tight ends involved. Coached QBs like Jake Delhomme and Matt Moore and etc. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm pleased with the hire. I know his history as an NFL OC isn't great but Belichick took him back after his failures elsewhere.... something he has not done for many.... and I hope he is going to bring some creativity.  He wasn't my top choice but I am content to see what he can do. 

• Like (+1) 1