Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Lol. Yeah. Whatever. 

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/02/what_brian_daboll_others_have.html

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel on Daboll: Jan. 28, 2015

"Every day he's got his hands in the game-planning process, the preparation, the scouting report. He's a guy that I lean on significantly in my role. Brian's involved in every meeting we have, whether it's red-zone, third-down, goal-line, short-yardage. His tight ends are going to be right in the middle of that anyway. His expertise, his knowledge and the experience he brings is tremendous."

--McDaniel, according to the Buffalo News 

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Trust the process.

He worked under hoodie and Saban and like previously stated, he knows the incoming QB class.

I'm on board.

How many BB and Sabans assistants have done anything away from them?

I wanted a coach that could make chicken salad out of chicken poo. I felt like Chudzinski was that kind of coach. Not sure on Daboll. I like the influences of belicheat and Saban. But he is young and has been around some good coaches. 

I will say that this will be a popular hire around the league with all of the talking heads and that we will finally make good use of our tight ends. 

Quarterback is still a massive question mark. Garopollo would be perfect right about now, but it is what it is. I think there is a negative zero chance Tyrod is back with this hire. 

Just now, Lurker said:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/02/what_brian_daboll_others_have.html

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel on Daboll: Jan. 28, 2015

"Every day he's got his hands in the game-planning process, the preparation, the scouting report. He's a guy that I lean on significantly in my role. Brian's involved in every meeting we have, whether it's red-zone, third-down, goal-line, short-yardage. His tight ends are going to be right in the middle of that anyway. His expertise, his knowledge and the experience he brings is tremendous."

Yay more TE stuff. 

Where is the QB stuff?

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wanted a coach that could make chicken salad out of chicken poo. I felt like Chudzinski was that kind of coach. Not sure on Daboll. I like the influences of belicheat and Saban. But he is young and has been around some good coaches. 

I will say that this will be a popular hire around the league with all of the talking heads and that we will finally make good use of our tight ends. 

Quarterback is still a massive question mark. Garopollo would be perfect right about now, but it is what it is. I think there is a negative zero chance Tyrod is back with this hire. 

So, he played under the College and NFL greatest coaches of all time right? That should have been success right off the back in the NFL correct? Or it's a OC riding the jock of someone else?

Edited by Real McCoy

19 minutes ago, fridge said:

A franchise QB solves all problems, but for reference his NFL OC history is atrocious. He finished in the bottom 4 in total offense 3 of 4 years:

2009 Cleveland Browns - 29th ranked offense

2010 Cleveland Browns - 31st ranked offense

2011 Miami Dolphins - 20th ranked offense

2012 Kansas City Chiefs - 32nd ranked offense

Well, that's not good.

Looks like Crossman's career.

Just now, B-Man said:

It appears that you would not be satisfied with any response.

:lol:

Havent got ONE other than he worked with Saban and BB. So what are his concepts. Whats his play design like, how does he look to develop a QB. 

How IS he better 

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Former Cleveland QB Bernie Kosar on Daboll's time as Browns offensive coordinator

-- "(Cleveland) had a real shortage of talent. It was not a systemic or play-calling thing, though he got a lot of flak for that. The issue was a lack of players. This past year, (Cleveland) was just devoid of playmakers on the team. I'm not really sure it matters if Einstein or Bill Walsh in his prime was calling plays. We had (Peyton) Hillis and that was about it. I really liked what Brian was trying to do. He's got good thoughts and smart ways of doing things. He just needed some players to do it."

--Kosar in 2011, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Don't bother with trying to be reasonable. Some of the "I hate everything" posters on this board are already convinced that he sucks because he was not "their choice". He's hired and that's not changing. I, for one, hope he succeeds.I'd rather see the Bills win than get mad because they didn't hire the guy "I wanted". :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Anyone with half a brain... Dude was Belichick right hand man with his time in NE. He loves Daboll. And he was be talked about with NFL OC jobs... Looked to be perfect fit with McDaniels leaving. Now he is here.

I'm with you.  This is exactly the kind of guy McDermott needs for a OC.

He was with Belli and after Mangini left the Patriots for the Jets he took Daboll with him.

When Mangini left for Cleveland he kept Daboll and promoted him to OC.

After Mangini was let go Daboll had a year in Miami under Sparano (his last year) so Daboll was let go

and KC new 1 year head coach Crennel picked him up.

Reid took over and let him go......................Belli picked him right back up.

He has been a victim of HC changes on very poor teams.

This guy is travelled but I bet he will do good in a stable environment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Please, please keep telling me the stories about how you met him and he's a nice guy because as of right now I can not fine even one reason to like this hire.  Please tell me one place, one offense he's coached that was great.  Let's face it even at Alabama the offenses job was pretty much not to screw it up for the defense.

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Don't bother with trying to be reasonable. Some of the "I hate everything" posters on this board are already convinced that he sucks because he was not "their choice". He's hired and that's not changing. I, for one, hope he succeeds.I'd rather see the Bills win than get mad because they didn't hire the guy "I wanted". :rolleyes:

Neither of those are anything but coach and fluff speak