Brian Daboll hired as new OC

Estro

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Obviously you don't like this hire.  Who did you want, just out of curiosity?

Joe DeFillipino 

Chud

Bevell

and no its not that i dont like the hire. There was NO need to rush to hire Brian Daboll. And yes i get sick of the well great hire worked with BB and Saban crap pretty easy. 

If your gonna scream great hire have some real substance 

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Everyone respected Jauron also.  It's not my job to put a good team on the field and I'm allowed to call it like I see it.  If the fact that every offense he's been an actual decision making part of has been a colossal failure doesn't bother you then keep drinking the kool aid.  Hells yeah I'd like to be wrong but I'll believe it when I see it.

He just won a national championship....that is a failure?

Look if you are going to rag on Dennison and Tyrod and then bring in a guy who on average does even worse to potentially develop a kid who's never played a down in the NFL I'm sorry but skepticism is deserved.  He developed a TE who was already really good?  How does that help anyone?  He's well respected.  You know what I would respect?  Someone who's averaged 25 ppg with an NFL offense.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Joe DeFillipino 

Chud

Bevell

and no its not that i dont like the hire. There was NO need to rush to hire Brian Daboll. And yes i get sick of the well great hire worked with BB and Saban crap pretty easy. 

There is no way for you to know that. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You’re right Bobby.  Never has this fan base ever made a football argument.  100% of the time it never has.  Not once out of millions of fans.

Have you seen in this thread out of all the Great Hire posts one person say because he runs a Power Scheme?  Or incorporates flood concepts making easy reads for a rookie?

or are they well BB and Saban this BB and Saban that

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Changed my opinion a Bunch of times. Hated McD and his good ole boy earlier in the year. Convinced otherwise. The ONLY one i have never backed down on was TYROD and well we know how that worked out 

Then you didn’t learn.  You hated the McD now you don’t.  You think it’s possible that you might actually like this hire?

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How? Just people saying great hire because of BB or Saban. Others saying no. How is that a healthy conversation where is the beef?

Sometimes you really are like a dog with a bone.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-hire-brian-daboll-from-alabama-as-oc-before-patriots-can-bring-him-back-in-fold/

If you don't like to hire, it's ok...............please let us who want to react and research have a place to discuss.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Have you seen in this thread out of all the Great Hire posts one person say because he runs a Power Scheme?  Or incorporates flood concepts making easy reads for a rookie?

How about we wait and see what happens.

why does this board need to give you an answer you like now?

2 minutes ago, Luka said:

I'll hold back any judgement on the hire until I see what happens on the field but his history isn't promising. Doesn't mean he's a bad coach I guess but after sitting through Dennison's offense all year I guess I was hoping for a college guy to come in and provide some ingenuity. Daboll was not the name I was expecting to see.

I'm right there with you as well. I was really hoping we get the Chud here to help develop a young QB. We have no choice but to wait and see now. I wasn't a fan of McD's Dennison hire for the record and just not a fan of this one as well. 

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok, then please educate us why, schematically  this is a bad hire?

Also, what in his pedigree gives you pause? 

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

No rush hiring Daboll but the Bills do. Either way dont like the hiring at all. But will take a wait and see because at the end of the day it doesnt matter. 

Get a real QB

This makes no sense to me. Daboll may be new to you but McD has known him most of his life and probably had him in his sights for years. If he wanted BD then why wait?  It’s very possible BD had opportunity options as well. 

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Then you didn’t learn.  You hated the McD now you don’t.  You think it’s possible that you might actually like this hire?

I have Said i hope i am wrong. Jesus for people that nitpick my postings they really never read them

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How? Just people saying great hire because of BB or Saban. Others saying no. How is that a healthy conversation where is the beef?

Very valid point. A counter-point makes for a better conversation. I am not drinking the kool aid, but I like thehire based on what I saw a young, raw team in Alabama do with a QB that had a noodle arm and was softer than a down pillow. Once he had his QB in place, things opened up and it was a juggernaut on O. Get him a middle-of-the-pack starter and I am excited. Get him a franchis QB (I'm looking at you Mr Cousins) and we are looking at a contender. Just my opinion.

It would be interesting to speculate why Daboll instead of Chudzinski.  If I were to guess, I would guess that it is because of Daboll's relative youth.  He follows the pattern set a year ago of hiring relatively young guess who also have a lot of coaching experience.  Chudzinski's been around quite a while.  He's not ancient by any means (as in my age) but Dabol is several years younger.  Daboll was only at Alabama one season.  I think a lot of his play calling at Bama was dictated by the fact his QB was Jalen Hurts.  He's had a couple stints as OC before, but I don't know how successful he was.  Before taking the Alabama job, he sent several years on New England's staff, coaching tight ends (Gronkowski).  He's also coached WRs.  I don't think there is any reason to think he's going to be shy about putting the ball in the air if he's got a QB who can do it.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Joe DeFillipino 

Chud

Bevell

I'll give McDermott the benefit of the doubt here.  There has to be a reason why he went with Daboll and not any of the others; McD is not seem to be a knee-jerk reaction type.  I'm also sure he knows he has to get this decision right.

Let's see who Daboll brings in as his positional coaches, and time will tell what his offense will look like as well as his play calling.  I'm expecting success.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have Said i hope i am wrong. Jesus for people that nitpick my postings they really never read them

You let people get in your head and stir you up man. You don't always have to defend your opinion. People disagree sometimes. I said Tyrod was a back up once and that's all I could see him as. I got a paragraph response in opposition I never responded too.

I've seen you get targeted and grouped up on but you also have made yourself a big target by being the loudest. Like whoever is the loudest wins the argument. 

Edited by Lfod

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Ok, then please educate us why, schematically  this is a bad hire?

Also, what in his pedigree gives you pause? 

Four years of Results in the NFL level at OC should give anyone pause add in another OC never to play the position of QB 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

He was gonna be Belichick's OC after McDaniels leaves. Stole him from right under his nose

I don't know if this is true.  I heard this as speculation/rumor.  I don't know much about the fella.  His previous NFL OC experience was apparently limited by bad qbs.  Nonetheless, his numbers are underwhelming.  Qb/qb coach will determine much of his success or lack thereof.

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

He won a national championship like Dennison won a SB.

The biggest difference is Dennison never called plays before this season. Daboll is an experienced play caller. 

As for his results? He hasn't had much statistical success. For an OC you rely so much on the talent. So I don't need stats, but it's concerning. This is obviously a guy McDermott trusts. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't know if this is true.  I heard this as speculation/rumor.  I don't know much about the fella.  His previous NFL OC experience was apparently limited by bad qbs.  Nonetheless, his numbers are underwhelming.  Qb/qb coach will determine much of his success or lack thereof.

Bills hire Brian Daboll from Alabama as OC before Patriots can bring him back in fold

Nick Saban's coordinator is now working with Sean McDermott in Buffalo

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was a good chance Brian Daboll was going to end up back in the NFL after doing an outstanding job coordinating the Alabama Crimson Tide's offense this season. And he did, but he ended up on a different AFC East team than anyone expected, joining the Buffalo Bills as their offensive coordinator. 

The team announced the move on Sunday afternoon

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The manner in which you choose to discuss topics is highly disruptive,  highly repetitive, and unnecessarily grating to other community members. Honestly, I’m literally the last person who hasn’t voted to pull the plug. 

No one here is required to prove anything to you but you continue to needlessly berate them.  Well guess what, this is a Buffalo Bills fan community. It is not unreasonable for members to see the bright side of situations.  It is not unreasonable for people to be hopeful. 

• Like (+1) 10

One thing that needs to be said is that in Daboll's previous stops as OC, two of them were under two very crappy offensive HC who stuck their mitts all over the offense, Mangenius and Tony Sporano. So it's hard to even blame him for much of it. The one time with a defensive HC, Romeo Crennell in KC, unsurprisingly he had a good run game (Jamaal Charles) and a crappy passing game (the floundering Matt Cassel).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bills hire Brian Daboll from Alabama as OC before Patriots can bring him back in fold

Nick Saban's coordinator is now working with Sean McDermott in Buffalo

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

There was a good chance Brian Daboll was going to end up back in the NFL after doing an outstanding job coordinating the Alabama Crimson Tide's offense this season. And he did, but he ended up on a different AFC East team than anyone expected, joining the Buffalo Bills as their offensive coordinator. 

The team announced the move on Sunday afternoon

That's interesting. He may have chose the Bills OC job over NE OC job. Maybe NE is about to implode.