With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think there are several factors here once you get passed Darnold and Rosen as I strongly believe 3 QB's will be drafted in the top 10.  

1. Baker still elicits concerns over off field or attitude issues (although personally I love the killer mentality on the field and I am not personally worried about his off field stuff).
  2. Baker still elicits concerns over his height, although it doesn't bother me too much.  He is 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson, an inch taller than Brees and only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Rodgers.  All 3 are among NFL Elite, and he is bigger than 2 of em and slightly shorter than 1.  
  3. There are QB's who can move up the draft board EASILY with strong combines and workouts.  The two that come to mind are Allen and Jackson.  In fact, if Jackson has a strong off season, he very well could go top 10 himself, especially after Watson had such a strong showing early which I think helps Jacksons cause a lot...assuming he throws well at the combine and in workouts.  Mason could also make a case, but he is an extreme long shot to leap frog into the 3rd QB taken IMO.  

So, I think if we all want Baker, the guys we NEED to cheer for are Allen and Jackson to show big before the draft.  If they do, We might get Baker with our pick at 21, although I am HIGHLY skeptical he falls that far.  So I am thinking its quite plausible to grab him in the 12-15 range in a trade up unless the other 2 fail to impress as much as Baker this offseason.  

The one wild card though is after Bakers year and playoff game, its also not out of the question for him to leap frog above the 3rd QB spot too.  Although I think teams are too in love with size and raw potential of Darnold and Rosen for that to happen, but its still a possibility.  Long time before the draft, and the QB rankings will be an interesting plot to watch.

Excellent point regarding Allen and Jackson.  You know every year some team panics and takes a QB earlier then they should, and then it starts a rash of QBs getting picked.  My biggest fear is that Darnold and Rosen go 1 and 2, and then it opens the floodgates and Mayfield goes top 5, which I fear would be too rich a spot for the Bills to move up, considering how many other holes we have to fill.

I'll be rooting for Allen and Jackson to absolutely light it up at the combine and/or their pro-day workouts.  Let's get Mayfield!!

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think you have to worry about Mayfield going very high.  He is not a first round talent. 

Allen will likely go to the Jets, if not Denver. I just don't see these QBs getting past all those QB needy teams.   Rudolph will shoot up I bet, and end up in the first round.  Jackson has serious physical talent, but mentally he isn't there. Can he get there is the question??? Historically, that's going against the odds

Darnold is over rated and Rosen the rumor is he doesn't love Football.  I'm hoping those two guys go early and we can trade up for someone else. 

Edited by peterpan

2 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I don't think you have to worry about Mayfield going very high.  He is not a first round talent. 

Allen will likely go to the Jets, if not Denver. I just don't see these QBs getting past all those QB needy teams.   Rudolph will shoot up I bet, and end up in the first round.  Jackson has serious physical talent, but mentally he isn't there. Can he get there is the question??? Historically, that's going against the odds

Darnold is over rated and Rosen the rumor is he doesn't love Football.  I'm hoping those two guys go early and we can trade up for someone else. 

I actually think that Denver is going to go the veteran route. I think they will be the team that gets Kirk Cousins/Alex Smith imo. Elway knows the value of the QB position and I think he knows his team is a QB away from another deep playoff run 

Assuming they have a legitimate shot at Cousins, they will draft DL help to replace Kyle and Dareus.  I'd like to see them go LB with the second pick but I suspect they will spend it on offense, either a WR or a lineman.

Otherwise, I think they pick "their guy" and trade up.  I can't see them going into next season with a journeyman quarterback and a middle-round rookie QB.

Edited by sullim4

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Haven’t seen Vita play but I’ve heard his name mentioned...is the guy a pass rushing DT or run stopper?

Honest assessment-both. He has a sizeable number of TFL's and Sacks, but is a beast against the run. It was fun to watch his three year improvement. Might be biased, but I'd love to continue to cheer for him in Buffalo.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd take Mason Rudolph with the 1st pick, with the other 1st I'd trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd, then I'd send Kansas City one of our 2nds for Alex Smith that's contingent on a contract extension being signed, something like 4 years 72 million for Smith, sit Rudolph on the bench until Smith retires.

1.) Mason Rudolph

1.) Trade

2.) To KC for Alex Smith

2.) Extra pick

2.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

I don’t know about Rudolph but I would be very happy with this concept (i..e. A QB of the future), A Qb that can run the current system for a year or two and then plug other gaps.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

I think Lamar Jackson will be their guy. They come from Carolina and they might be thinking they can mold him into a Qb like Newton.

I think Mayfields height and personality will turn them off from perusing him.

Cam sux , they learned their lesson, Jackson not happening

Do not trade the 21 and 22 and other picks to get up high I. The draft.  Take what’s their at 21and 22or drop down further picking up more picks to fill roster with elite talent.   If a QB is there that you like at 18or so maybe move up to get him

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

DL and LB

All the QBs will be long gone by the time we pick, and we have way too many holes to move up to early first round. 

Trade for Smith and get a QB in 2019

I think if we get Smith we’ll just be in this position in 2019. If we bring Smith in he’ll instantly make us a better team. McDermott took one of the worst drought rosters to the playoffs. If we bring Smith in then I don’t think we’ll trade up for a QB and we’ll load up in the draft. I think next year if the Bills invest wisely in free agency and draft well that this can be a 10 win team and playoff team again. This will just put the team in the same position in 2019. 

All I know is Tyrod can’t be back and they’ll need to make at least one bold move this offseason. 

I've come around to figuring out a way to draft Baker Mayfield. I hear the Manziel comparisons but I believe they are way, way off. This guy has that "it" factor that will win a franchise a lot of games down the road. We need that swagger. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Give it a guess!!!

I'm guessing we go defense with both picks.  It's amazing the lack of defensive talent we have.  It's amazing that Frazier and MCDermott got them playing as good as they did.

QB Mason Rudolph, QB Oklahoma State and LB Cameron Smith, LB USC. 

8 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

I've come around to figuring out a way to draft Baker Mayfield. I hear the Manziel comparisons but I believe they are way, way off. This guy has that "it" factor that will win a franchise a lot of games down the road. We need that swagger. 

If only was in a body 3 inches taller. 

• Like (+1) 1

According to the NFL Draft Trade Chart (take that with a grain of salt of course)

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Packaging both firsts and both seconds (remember we also hold the Rams second from the Sammy Trade) would be enough ammo to move into the bottom half of the top 10.  Adding next years first might crack the top 5

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

According to the NFL Draft Trade Chart (take that with a grain of salt of course)

Packaging both firsts and both seconds (remember we also hold the Rams second from the Sammy Trade) would be enough ammo to move into the bottom half of the top 10.  Adding next years first might crack the top 5

That's too much to give up.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Either move up to get your QB or you hold tight and get two studs with those picks. I don't want to give up the house to move up as 4 picks in the first two rounds will instantly improve this team if you hit on your picks!!!

More likely one stud and one bust.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Did you just see him puss out and crumble walking off the field? Guy is not a leader nor consistent thrower, wouldn't want him here.

Bash him for getting a concussion ?   Weak take.    Puss out ?   You would still be on the ground if you took that hit. 

Cam is awesome.  Nice long toss to Mcccaffery.  

Baker, Rosen, or Darnold please.      Zero interest in Allen or Jackson. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

Saints offense is just good folks.  Brees has so many toys it's ridiculous.  Their OL holds up a majority of the time.  If the Panthers can't get to you then most teams are not going to get to you.  Doesn't hurt that Peyton calls great games most of the time.

43 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm not sure about your math but it looks like our 2 firsts are about equal to pick #7.

Don’t trade up for any of these bozos at QB.  Rosen and Darnold are mediocre at best NFL QBs.  Mayfield is actually better, but not much and I have doubts about his decision-making on throws.  These guys will all be gone early and good riddance on Darnold and Rosen - that can be some other fanbase false hope.  I do think Mayfield is the best of this class, but will be 3rd off board.  The next best option is Lamar Jackson in the draft, and I think the Bills can get him without moving up, but Jackson and Allen will both go in 1st.  Question to me is whether it is worth drafting Jackson there - I’d say yes, but it depends on if Dennison remains and whether really good OLine or DLine players are available.  This team needs an infusion of talent, an QB isn’t going to solve the problems this team has and is going to have as guys like Williams, Incognito, MCoy and LorAx decline/retire. This draft is a time to restock the cupboard. 

• Like (+1) 1