With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

1 minute ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Seriously though, when's the last time you were this excited about the draft??

When we got Biscuit.  We have the opportunity to get the franchise QB.  Let's make a big offer to Indy.

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

back to back picks are interesting

Has any team ever had back to back picks AND kept them both?

17 minutes ago, Rise Up Lights said:

Seriously though, when's the last time you were this excited about the draft??

Pretty excited.  I just wish KCs pick was top 10.

13 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Now who would take that deal?

Did anyone notice that we lost today's game because their defensive line overpowered our offensive line.

The Colts, who need OL help and more picks to fill their many needs, and also already have a QB. And I also want to invest into OL, after we go get a QB. 

One of Rosen / Darnold / Jackson / Allen if they are there.  Pass on Mayfield completely.  Rudolph is too rich at that level, if we don't get one of the top 4 QBs I'd be fine burning one of our 2nds on a guy like Lock / Falk / Rudolph, that assumes still walk away with 3-4 very good prospects out of the draft between our first 5 picks.

Otherwise early projections look like there's potential for two very good non-QBs to be on the board at those picks, so BPA twice.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

One of Rosen / Darnold / Jackson / Allen if they are there.  Pass on Mayfield completely.  Rudolph is too rich at that level, if we don't get one of the top 4 QBs I'd be fine burning one of our 2nds on a guy like Lock / Falk / Rudolph, that assumes still walk away with 3-4 very good prospects out of the draft between our first 5 picks.

Otherwise early projections look like there's potential for two very good non-QBs to be on the board at those picks, so BPA twice.

If you like Rudolph in the second, you take him in the first. Don't play around. If you feel he can be the guy you don't lose him. 

17 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Now who would take that deal?

Did anyone notice that we lost today's game because their defensive line overpowered our offensive line.

I agree we need to upgrade our line. On the other hand that defensive line has been overpowering everybody's oline.

18 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think Roquon Smith will be gone before pick #21. If the Bills want him, they'll need to trade up.  McDermott wants speed at MLB like he had at Carolina.  The combine and pro days will be important for the Bills.  Yes, performance on the field is most important, but if you've got two productive and instinctive linebackers on the board, McDermott is going to want the faster guy.  Buffalo needs to get a veteran QB if they can, and draft one too.  If they can trade Tyrod, great.  I don't know if Peterman will develop or not.  Right now it looks to me as if he doesn't respect the skills of NFL defensive backs enough, and tries to throw into windows that are too small sometimes.  I think that can probagbly be corrected with coaching, but I don't know.

Or our receivers get zero separation - because DB's don't fear any Bills QB's at all.  Too small of a sample size to know about Peterman.  One bad game (Chargers) and an emergency playoff game (single drive).

Just now, Bad Things Man said:

!st Rounds

Any combination of:

R. Smith

V. Vea 

M. Hurst

2nd Round

Trade for Alex Smith,

R. Smith is likely gone before #21.  Just not enamored with the K. Cousins, Alex Smith, Minnesota qb route.  

1 minute ago, Bad Things Man said:

!st Rounds

Any combination of:

R. Smith

V. Vea 

M. Hurst

2nd Round

Trade for Alex Smith,

A 2nd seems like a lot for a would be 34 year old QB. A 3rd with a conditional 2019 pick should be sufficient. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

R. Smith is likely gone before #21.  Just not enamored with the K. Cousins, Alex Smith, Minnesota qb route.  

Fair. 

I'm not in love with the idea of trading the farm for a guy who probably won't work out. 

We have the cap space to add a vet, in addition to drafting a guy early. A diversified approach, which allows us to keep all our picks and plug a bunch of holes on the defense seems like the best approach, both short and long term. 

12 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

Jackson then Vea.

I would be on board with this if they're there. I'm guessing the Chargers would be very interested in Jackson though. Lynn would love to run the same offense we had last year and they would guranteed to have the #1 rushing offense with Jackson/Gordon. May need to move in front of them in order to land him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

My guess,

21. DT

22. DT

Would probably make the biggest positive impact in 2018.

We desperately need to get more talent at the point of attack to push the pocket and rush the passer, and eat up blocks to allow our linebackers to run to the ball. 

Vea and one of the 3-techniques like Hurst or Wilkins would be amazing. 

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Would probably make the biggest positive impact in 2018.

We desperately need to get more talent at the point of attack to push the pocket and rush the passer, and eat up blocks to allow our linebackers to run to the ball. 

Vea and one of the 3-techniques like Hurst or Wilkins would be amazing. 

Who da quarterback tho??!

34 minutes ago, Bad Things Man said:

!st Rounds

Any combination of:

R. Smith

V. Vea 

M. Hurst

2nd Round

Trade for Alex Smith,

I would break a lot of things if the only QB we got out of all our draft picks was Alex !@#$ing Smith. Can we stop waiting until a QB falls into our laps and actually take a chance on someone!?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

If you like Rudolph in the second, you take him in the first. Don't play around. If you feel he can be the guy you don't lose him. 

I don't feel like he could be the guy.  But given we have two 1st and two 2nds, I'm fine taking a flier on a guy in round 2 vs using a top 22 pick on him.

1 hour ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

No, because who is to say he’s not EJ Manuel. It’s not hard pick the BPA in both spots hopefully that’s LB and D-Linemen.

19 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I can see them trading up to pick 15 or so but not much further up than that

I am with you.  I don't really see a QB in this draft that is such a certainty that they should give up the farm to move all the way to the top.  Rosen and Darnold are interesting prospects, but not sure things.  I like what I've seen of Mayfield, but his size could become an issue in the NFL.  Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson have tools, but are far from sure things and Mason Rudolph has questions.

To be clear, I think all are decent to good QB prospects and would not be opposed to one of the Bills' 1st rounders being used on one, but I wouldn't give up more than a 1st and a 2nd to move up for any of these guys unless the Bills think that one of these guys is almost certain to be good.

13 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

No, because who is to say he’s not EJ Manuel. It’s not hard pick the BPA in both spots hopefully that’s LB and D-Linemen.

And who is to say he's not Jim Kelly? And who is to say whoever your "surefire" 1st rounder you draft instead isn't Tony Mandrich?

Point is you can't win the lotto if you don't have a ticket. BPA is certainly "not hard" when you have a QB. When you have Aaron Rodgers, sure take a flier on Hundley early. Doesn't work out...so be it. When you have bupkis at the position you draft one you like, one that you feel good about tying your career on and take him. Take him a round before the "experts" think because if you don't someone else sure will. 

8 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

And who is to say he's not Jim Kelly? And who is to say whoever your "surefire" 1st rounder you draft instead isn't Tony Mandrich?

Point is you can't win the lotto if you don't have a ticket. BPA is certainly "not hard" when you have a QB. When you have Aaron Rodgers, sure take a flier on Hundley early. Doesn't work out...so be it. When you have bupkis at the position you draft one you like, one that you feel good about tying your career on and take him. Take him a round before the "experts" think because if you don't someone else sure will. 

My point is why force a pick above what he is projected, if Rudolph is projected a 2nd-3rd round that’s where you pick him there if he’s there. If you want waste another pick like when the Bills picked EJ Manuel and JP Losman instead improving your team in other areas instead of QB, be my guess. I rather build my team like the Vikings where it’s a strong overall roster and the QB just has to competent.

Edited by K-Apps

6 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

My point is why force a pick above what he is projected, if Rudolph is projected a 2nd-3rd round that’s where you pick him there if he’s there. If you want waste another pick like when the Bills picked EJ Manuel and JP Losman instead improving your team in other areas instead of QB, be my guess. I rather build my team like the Vikings where it’s a strong overall roster and the QB just has to competent.

You do realize that the Vikes actually drafted a QB (Bridgewater) over where some had him projected, then burned and the 1st when Teddy got hurt (that's 2 1st right there if you're keeping score) only to get by this season from a freaky season by Keenum that if I'm a betting man would say he will never have again...right? That's the model you like? 

So in short, they spend 2 firsts only to have Case Keenum take over. Not great long term planning. Sounds all very Fitzpatrickish to me...and we have all seen that movie before.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Who da quarterback tho??!

Not sure. Maybe Alex Smith or Case Keenum for a year or two.

I don't think we'll be willing to part with the draft capital required to move from where we are into the top 8 for one of the top guys. We'll need to give up 3 first rounders at least which is an enormous ask in my eyes. I think that's a huge risk, and think the Bills should hedge their bets, by acquiring a competent veteran, and drafting another guy in round 2 or 3. 

Edited by jrober38

20 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd take Mason Rudolph with the 1st pick, with the other 1st I'd trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd, then I'd send Kansas City one of our 2nds for Alex Smith that's contingent on a contract extension being signed, something like 4 years 72 million for Smith, sit Rudolph on the bench until Smith retires.

1.) Mason Rudolph

1.) Trade

2.) To KC for Alex Smith

2.) Extra pick

2.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

I'd be pretty stoked about this if we can make it happen. 

21 hours ago, Rico said:

#21 Baker Mayfield

#22 Josh Allen

You have to have enough repetitions to develop and evaluate a QB.   We will have a new veteran starter (or TT) to get familiar with the team and there is not enough plays on the practice field or preseason games to work on two new QV's.

1 hour ago, K-Apps said:

I agree with you completely.

I firmly believe our offensive coaching and offensive skill talent is not at a level that will let any young QB succeed here.  Look at Goff, everyone was ready to write him off as a bust last year, the Rams brought in a dynamic offensive coach, a new LT and Center and 3 WRs and suddenly he's on the right track.  On the flip side, Dak was hailed as the second coming, but Zeke gets suspended, Dez is a shell of his former self and suddenly the vibe is "what's wrong with Dak, did we crown him too soon"?

20 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd take Mason Rudolph with the 1st pick, with the other 1st I'd trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd, then I'd send Kansas City one of our 2nds for Alex Smith that's contingent on a contract extension being signed, something like 4 years 72 million for Smith, sit Rudolph on the bench until Smith retires.

1.) Mason Rudolph

1.) Trade

2.) To KC for Alex Smith

2.) Extra pick

2.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

...nicely done.......:thumbsup: