With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

One player to watch tonight....

LB Rashaan Evans 

This kid can play all over the field. Inside, outside, rush off the edge etc.

Has good size 6’3” 230, great instincts.

I truly believe Preston Brown is NOT resigned. Don’t feel he is the true fit at LB in McDs style Defense.

McD will look for the future QB of his Defense. It’s not Brown as much as some will think.

6 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

If he's 6'1" I'm interested. But Yolo says he stood right next to him and that he's no taller than Wilson. That's 5'10 5/8" I think. Someone else says they saw him standing next to Flutie and Doug was taller!!!

We will find out soon enuf. I really strongly doubt that McBeane drafts a short QB. 

No disrespect here, but come on...people using supposed eye guesses to his height now rather his documented listed height are now the barometer?  Funny thing is people make all these conspiracy claims about how guys are shorter than what they are listed at in college, yet I am still waiting to any evidence as such. Wilson, Brees, Rogers, and on and on all are listed at the same height in the NFL now that they were by their colleges and from the combine.  

Until someone PROVES he is not 6'-1" then he is still 6'-1".  And he is listed everywhere as 6'-1" which is 2 inches taller than Wilson...1 inch taller than Brees, and only 1 inch shorter than Rogers.  All 3 among NFL Elite 5 QBs in NFL, 2 of them (and probably when all said and done, all 3) are surefire first Ballot HOF QBs.

I'm NOT in the trade the farm for a rookie QB camp.  That said, with the Browns having 1 and 4, I think you might be able to trade them these two picks and next years 1st to go to #1 overall.  The Browns know they will get a QB at 4, and 3 firsts is hard to pass up.

from the Bills perspective, the extra 1st this year is a gift given we still drafted White, and w 2 2nds and a 3rd we can still acquire pieces on defense and the OL.  

Is it possible that the Bills put Cordy Glenn on the shelf because they have an offseason trade already worked out?  I wouldn't mind a package of one 1st and Cordy Glenn + another pick to get a top QB.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No disrespect here, but come on...people using supposed eye guesses to his height now rather his documented listed height are now the barometer?  Funny thing is people make all these conspiracy claims about how guys are shorter than what they are listed at in college, yet I am still waiting to any evidence as such. Wilson, Brees, Rogers, and on and on all are listed at the same height in the NFL now that they were by their colleges and from the combine.  

Until someone PROVES he is not 6'-1" then he is still 6'-1".  And he is listed everywhere as 6'-1" which is 2 inches taller than Wilson...1 inch taller than Brees, and only 1 inch shorter than Rogers.  All 3 among NFL Elite 5 QBs in NFL, 2 of them (and probably when all said and done, all 3) are surefire first Ballot HOF QBs.

Like I said if he's 6'1" I'm definitely interested. He looks a lot shorter to me but idk. We will know for sure next month. 

37 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

from the Bills perspective, the extra 1st this year is a gift given we still drafted White, and w 2 2nds and a 3rd we can still acquire pieces on defense and the OL.  

Is this like this time last year when Shaq and Ragnuts were going to be like getting 2 extra first rounders!:flirt:

To be clear........the extra first is not a gift........it's the price they accepted for passing on a QB.  

They need to get a QB with one of those picks........and the one they get needs to be as good as the better of Watson or Mahomes to claim ANY kind of victory in that deal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, Da webster guy said:

WR's Zay, Deonte, KB and Streater next year.  Those guys get open enough.  I'm against taking a WR early, too many glaring needs. 

Jame has potential to be the best of that bunch. i would bet money he is all those guys save for Benjamin in 1. And familiarity with Rudolph would go a long way 

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is 6-1, so you are wrong.  

He's listed at 6-1. He's smaller than that. Just looking at him standing next to RBs who are not big in the huddle, or on the sidelines, and reading stuff from people who have been next to him in person makes me believe he's 5-11 at most.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/7/2018 at 1:48 PM, NewDayBills said:

I'd take Mason Rudolph with the 1st pick, with the other 1st I'd trade down and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd, then I'd send Kansas City one of our 2nds for Alex Smith that's contingent on a contract extension being signed, something like 4 years 72 million for Smith, sit Rudolph on the bench until Smith retires.

1.) Mason Rudolph

1.) Trade

2.) To KC for Alex Smith

2.) Extra pick

2.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

3.) Extra pick

That would be a perfect scenario, sign me up. Rudolph has impressive tape. He reminds me of Cousins. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Would probably make the biggest positive impact in 2018.

We desperately need to get more talent at the point of attack to push the pocket and rush the passer, and eat up blocks to allow our linebackers to run to the ball. 

Vea and one of the 3-techniques like Hurst or Wilkins would be amazing. 

I actually wouldnt mind saving one of those DTs for Stars brother Lowel Lotoulelei. 3rd or so round. big and very strong.

Get a QB in free agency (Alex smith) or trade and then:

-bundle picks if we can get the QB we want.

-or get our guy if he’s their at 21

with #22 if we still have it:

-take the best offensive lineman on the board and put him at right guard or right tackle.

-All remaining picks should be spent on DT’s or maybe a 43 Linebacker (first pick in RD2)that’s stock slipped to replace Lorenzo(liability in coverage).

i want to say receiver but I have a feeling ours are better than we think, truth is we don’t know because we don’t have a QB who can stand and fire (maybe a FA)

Edited by SJDK

12 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I can get on board with a lot of QBs this year. Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield...even sort of intrigued by Jackson and Allen. But right now I can't muster any enthusiasm for Mason Rudolph. 

I’m not picking a discussion board battle here, I’m genuinely asking why?

17 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

He's a big boy who looks the part. He has put up extremely gaudy passing numbers. BUT the concern is whether he will transition to the next level. 

He plays in a very QB friendly college offence and he has great receivers who make a lot of difficult catches for him. The main problem however is that he is regarded as having only average arm strength. Of all the spread QBs who have thrown for monster yard totals only two, Patrick Mahomes and David Carr, have been high draft picks and the only reason they were was because of their ridiculous arm talent. Rudolph does not have that.  I think he'll be there when we first pick and I would not be ar all surprised if we pass. Pro scouts and GMs generally are not really that impressed by a guy like him.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

Isn't it funny how we're at the point where we have to preface a disagreement or request for more info with a disclaimer that we're not trying to start something? I do the same thing. Crazy.

Anyway, I see a system QB. Arm strength isn't inspiring, and I don't think he's accurate enough. 

On 1/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, TonyBeets said:

Give it a guess!!!

I'm guessing we go defense with both picks.  It's amazing the lack of defensive talent we have.  It's amazing that Frazier and MCDermott got them playing as good as they did.

That's the miracle of this season. How we'll our defense played with a incredibly mediocre front 7.

21. Rudolph

22. Vea

Edited by LABILLBACKER

Overstating the glaring obvious ... yes we need a new QB and need to draft one maybe two (see Redskins a few years ago with RG III (bust in trade up) then Cousins in round 4.

That said, very Interesting article on recent trade ups and value of trades for QB's in most recent drafts ... it also shows the premium we got paid by KC last year.  My vote is sit tight at 21 & 22, unless someone we love drops to #15 or so (please no EJ Manuel flashbacks).  I think draft history shows enough quality QB's after round 1 starting today in the NFL --- Wilson, Brees, Brady, Carr, Cousins, Garapolo, shockingly after this year Keenum (undrafted).

Take out the top 3 overall draft picks at QB ... as it would costs too much for us to move there ... that removes ... Ryan, Newton, Stafford, Wentz, Goff, Manning, Winston, Mariotta

http://www.footballperspective.com/teams-traded-up-for-a-1st-round-qb-16-times-from-2005-to-2017/

I think the right OC hire and a free agent vet (Smith, or trade 3rd for Dalton), hell Jay Cutler beat the Pats this year.

16 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I love the idea of getting Vea.  RB so early though I'm not so sure. Why go RB early when you can snag one in the 4th - 6th?  I would maybe go Vea and and O linemen depending on how the chips fall.  Or, if we want to just go nuts on DEF.  Go two DT's!  That'll imrpove the DEF for sure.

Normally, I would agree, but if you've watched any tape on Love, you would recognize that he is a seriously special talent. I've heard, in an interview, that McCafferty (who was Stanford's RB before Love) even admitted that Love is probably the better back. And where did McCafferty go? 8th... 

If the talent is there, the player is available, and they may be a generational talent, you take that player. Shady won't be Shady forever. Get Shady V 2.0. Get Bryce Love III!

On 1/8/2018 at 6:37 AM, bills6969 said:

#21 Ben Dover

#22 Jack Mehoff

Jack Mehoff has to be one of my favorite Gamecocks players of all time. 

In all seriousness, I would cry tears of joy if we got Mayfield. Watching him play, he just does things no quarterback we have had has been able to do. Throws guys open with ease, that's why you can see his wide recievers catch slants and take it to the house. Tyrod has never been able to do that, probably a big reason our recievers don't have a lot of yards. That alone makes him dangerous in our system, and he has plenty of other qualities to get excited about. 

Resign EJ Gaines CB, Kyle Williams DT and Preston Brown LB

Free agent signings Star Lotulelei DT and Andrew Norwell G

1st round picks Mason Rudolph QB and James Washington WR from Oklahoma St. These two have 4 years of chemistry together, are seniors and have been successful.

2nd round picks  Micah Kizer ILB and Lowell Lotulelei DT are McDermott players who will help the defense. D line Shaq, Lotulelei brothers and Hughes. backup Williams. LB's Milano WLB, Kizer MLB, Brown SLB.

3rd round pick, Nick Chubb RB, steady back up to Shady and eventual replacement. 

Edited by Tatonka68

There are 4 potential Franchise Qbs.  The most polished is Rosen, best attributes Darnold,  best arm Allen and most athletic and productive is Jackson.  Im not super picky about any of the four guys, but Buffalo needs to leave the draft with one of them.  Stop being cute, stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room just go get a Qb with legitimate franchise potential.  Only way would I would be ok not getting one of those guys is if Buffalo signed Cousins and they build the roster around him.  i think the odds of landing Cousins are long and the price is going to be rich.  Over 25 mil a year and in the neighborhood of 80% guaranteed.    

Edited by Mat68

13 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

I'm NOT in the trade the farm for a rookie QB camp.  That said, with the Browns having 1 and 4, I think you might be able to trade them these two picks and next years 1st to go to #1 overall.  The Browns know they will get a QB at 4, and 3 firsts is hard to pass up.

then you are NOT in the "winning in the NFL" camp

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

1st round picks Mason Rudolph QB and James Washington WR from Oklahoma St. These two have 4 years of chemistry together, are seniors and have been successful.

2nd round picks  Micah Kizer ILB and Lowell Lotulelei DT are McDermott players who will help the defense. D line Shaq, Lotulelei brothers and Hughes. backup Williams. LB's Milano WLB, Kizer MLB, Brown SLB.

3rd round pick, Nick Chubb RB, steady back up to Shady and eventual replacement. 

i could get behind this in a big way. 

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is this like this time last year when Shaq and Ragnuts were going to be like getting 2 extra first rounders!:flirt:

To be clear........the extra first is not a gift........it's the price they accepted for passing on a QB.  

They need to get a QB with one of those picks........and the one they get needs to be as good as the better of Watson or Mahomes to claim ANY kind of victory in that deal.

Correct.

They need to take the same approach that they took in 2013.  I don't care if EJ didn't work out; he was the right pick at the time.

When the cupboard is bare at the most important position in the game, you take the highest-rated QB on your board.

The only way that isn't the case if if they end up signing Cousins or dealing for McCarron.

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Correct.

They need to take the same approach that they took in 2013.  I don't care if EJ didn't work out; he was the right pick at the time.

When the cupboard is bare at the most important position in the game, you take the highest-rated QB on your board.

The only way that isn't the case if if they end up signing Cousins or dealing for McCarron.

Even if they don't have said QB rated as a starting-caliber QB?

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

I dislike a lot of this...

- Unless Gaines takes a deal in the 8-9 AAV range, I'm not interested.  He seems to get hurt in every game.

- No thanks on Preston Brown; I can find a 2-down thumper that can't cover on day 3 of the draft if I need one.

- I'm not breaking the bank to the tune of $10M AAV+ for Norwell or $11M AAV+ for Star in FA.  I'd much rather spend 1/3 of that on Chris Hubbard and Justin Ellis, respectively.

- I equate Rudolph to Paxton Lynch, so he's not on my radar until day 3.

Washington, Kizer, Lowell, and Chubb I am in agreement on.

1 minute ago, Zac said:

Even if they don't have said QB rated as a starting-caliber QB?

Eventually, you need to start taking bites at the apple if you want long-term success.

Better to pull the trigger too early on a guy that doesn't work out (EJ) than to wait too long on a guy that does (Dak/Wilson/Dalton/Cousins)

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I dislike a lot of this...

- Unless Gaines takes a deal in the 8-9 AAV range, I'm not interested.  He seems to get hurt in every game.

- No thanks on Preston Brown; I can find a 2-down thumper that can't cover on day 3 of the draft if I need one.

- I'm not breaking the bank to the tune of $10M AAV+ for Norwell or $11M AAV+ for Star in FA.  I'd much rather spend 1/3 of that on Chris Hubbard and Justin Ellis, respectively.

- I equate Rudolph to Paxton Lynch, so he's not on my radar until day 3.

Washington, Kizer, Lowell, and Chubb I am in agreement on.

rudolph has improved every year he's played. I'd take a hard look at him and it would be tough to pass on him

21 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I think Buffalo would make a massive offer to NYG or Cleveland for either.  Do what it takes to get one of them.  If they can they have the best Qb prospect since Kelly.  

Why would either of those teams trade down, and not take a QB? 

21 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The value chart says picks #21 + #22 = pick #8

That's great.

Doesn't mean a lot though considering the top 2 QBs will be long gone by then. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Why would either of those teams trade down, and not take a QB? 

That's great.

Doesn't mean a lot though considering the top 2 QBs will be long gone by then. 

Idk but that does not mean they wont.  Cleveland has the 4th so I think that either pick could be in play.  Cleveland may like Allen the best but dont want to pick him over Darnold or Rosen so they trade 1.  Or they get there Qb at 1 and pick up 3 first rounder for 4.  The Giants may think that with the return of Beckham they are much closer to winning with Eli than without him and push hard to build around him.  Lineman are not as high this year they pick up our picks this year and sure up their line and use our pick next year for the Qb of the future.  Maybe no one trades out of the top 10 but recent history tells you otherwise.  3 first rounders will have any organizations attention add in 2 this year allows poor rosters to get 2 starters for this year.