With the 21st and 22nd pick the BuffaloBills Select....

33 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Did you just see him puss out and crumble walking off the field? Guy is not a leader nor consistent thrower, wouldn't want him here.

Are you serious?  He is better than any QB the Bills had for the last 20 years. 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Best QB on the board and best player of the DEs and CBs on the board.

I think that they can find a nickel CB in FA. Use the draft for QB and DE, then best available of DT, OL and LB the rest of the way.

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think Roquon Smith will be gone before pick #21. If the Bills want him, they'll need to trade up.  McDermott wants speed at MLB like he had at Carolina.  The combine and pro days will be important for the Bills.  Yes, performance on the field is most important, but if you've got two productive and instinctive linebackers on the board, McDermott is going to want the faster guy.  Buffalo needs to get a veteran QB if they can, and draft one too.  If they can trade Tyrod, great.  I don't know if Peterman will develop or not.  Right now it looks to me as if he doesn't respect the skills of NFL defensive backs enough, and tries to throw into windows that are too small sometimes.  I think that can probagbly be corrected with coaching, but I don't know.

I question the arm strength.  That out to the field was open,  But the ball took too long to arrive. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think, especially considering McDermott and his desire for a Kuechly LB type, that IF the Bills trade up in the draft it’ll be for LB Smith not a qb. I think the Bills will then try to get their qb early in the 2nd round or even late 1st, which will require further trades of assets or just trade for Alex Smith or another vet qb and maybe deal with drafting a qb in 2019. 

2 hours ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

1 R. smith

1b Hurst 

??

This is along the lines of what I expect and I like it.  

I believe Bills grab a QB in FA or through trade.  I don't think Beane will want to part with a lot of their picks for any of these QBs.  I don't think any of them are worth Multiple picks.

Edited by purple haze

4 hours ago, Process said:

DL and LB

All the QBs will be long gone by the time we pick, and we have way too many holes to move up to early first round. 

Trade for Smith and get a QB in 2019

Holes will be filled in free agency.  The Bills WILL move up in an attempt to get their guy. 

I was unsure about that until today.  McBeane knows what has to be done.

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

R. Smith won’t be there at 21 unless he gets hurt. I expect a big game from him tomorrow.

You never know how the draft will shake out.  It's possible Smith is there.  I love his game and expect he will be all over Bama's offense tomorrow night.  I can see him in the middle for McD, next to Milano.  Maaaaan that would've a very good combo.

1 hour ago, Mopreme said:

Are you serious?  He is better than any QB the Bills had for the last 20 years. 

flutie in his late 30s was better than TT. But true TT is better than most of the QBs we have had since 2000. Which is sad.

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

Check with Indy and see about Luck's availability. His value is as low as possible now and maybe they are happy with Brissett.

I'm not even a big fan of Luck but I agree that option should be explored and I'll be surprised if it isn't. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I can tell the people that don't watch college FB. Mason Rudolph is not an NFL QB. He will be added to the long list of great college system QBs. 

No one knows who will become a good or great QB out of this Draft. But I would have an easier time accepting your take on Mason if it weren’t for his numbers steadily improving each year from his completion percentage, to yards, to TDS, while his INTs remained constant. He also checks all the physical boxes - and IMO is a good fit for a WCO. 

If McD changes OCs, then maybe he wouldn’t be right for the team, but hard to see where a guy who can demonstrate that type of proficiency over 3 years and show measured improvement isn’t worth taking. Mind you, he still threw for 63% and 31 TDs as a Sophmore in his first year, so it wasn’t like he was bad to begin with, but he got better. That kind of progress shows me he can learn and grow - at a measurable rate. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Baker still elicits concerns over his height, although it doesn't bother me too much.  He is 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson, an inch taller than Brees

No.  He's not! 

The Bills ARE NOT drafting a 5'11" QB with character concerns.  They're just not.

Roquan Smith, if there would be amazing. But I doubt he will be. But Rashaan Evans could be. Good against the run, is long in coverage and is a good pass rusher. Pairing him and a DT - Hurst, Wilkins or Payne would get me excited about this defense. 

41 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think that they can find a nickel CB in FA. Use the draft for QB and DE, then best available of DT, OL and LB the rest of the way.

Actually I'm all about re-signing Leonard Johnson as the slot guy.

I'm just not sure they'll be able to get EJ to take the deal they feel he's worth, so that makes boundary corner a need.

Now if it were me, I'm looking at a team like Oakland, who has Conley and Carrie starting, and I'm trying to flip them a mid round pick for Amerson--who I think would be a great fit here.

I mention corner in the draft because it's one of the premium positions--the ones where difference-makers can change a team's fortunes.

I'm not much of a draft-for-need guy; I think you take BPA at the premium positions on days 1 and 2.

As for FA, I would be working to re-sign the role players like Cadet, Ryan Davis, the aforementioned Johnson, Humber (as a backup), and perhaps Wright as well.

From there, I'm looking to make a move for a corner and bring in the underrated guys a la Hyde and Poyer. I've mentioned Justin Ellis and Paul Richardson as two that fit the bill, as would Brice Butler from Dallas.

I'd also be watching to see if Baltimore lets Yanda go--he may follow Castillo to Buffalo and shore up the RG spot. Swing Glenn over to RT and you have the makings of quite a formidable front.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Actually I'm all about re-signing Leonard Johnson as the slot guy.

I'm just not sure they'll be able to get EJ to take the deal they feel he's worth, so that makes boundary corner a need.

Now if it were me, I'm looking at a team like Oakland, who has Conley and Carrie starting, and I'm trying to flip them a mid round pick for Amerson--who I think would be a great fit here.

I mention corner in the draft because it's one of the premium positions--the ones where difference-makers can change a team's fortunes.

I'm not much of a draft-for-need guy; I think you take BPA at the premium positions on days 1 and 2.

As for FA, I would be working to re-sign the role players like Cadet, Ryan Davis, the aforementioned Johnson, Humber (as a backup), and perhaps Wright as well.

From there, I'm looking to make a move for a corner and bring in the underrated guys a la Hyde and Poyer. I've mentioned Justin Ellis and Paul Richardson as two that fit the bill, as would Brice Butler from Dallas.

I'd also be watching to see if Baltimore lets Yanda go--he may follow Castillo to Buffalo and shore up the RG spot. Swing Glenn over to RT and you have the makings of quite a formidable front.

Solid plan, ideally who do like at QB and DE through FA and draft? Ideal draft?

20 minutes ago, Luka said:

21. Mason Rudolph

22. Josh Allen (LB Kentucky)

Id be sick, especially with Allen at 22, Rudolph could be palatable with the purple pill, probably the whole bottle....

31 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

R. Smith won’t be there at 21 unless he gets hurt. I expect a big game from him tomorrow.

I agree he won’t be there, would love it but not probable, watch Rahsaan Evans tomorrow and all the things he does if you didn’t notice in the Clemson game, making defensive calls, blitzing, playing coverage, attacking the run game, field awareness, he’s every bit as good as Smith and does more all around on the field, I’m hoping the league over looks him and the Bills can get him with one of their 1sts.

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

I think, especially considering McDermott and his desire for a Kuechly LB type, that IF the Bills trade up in the draft it’ll be for LB Smith not a qb. I think the Bills will then try to get their qb early in the 2nd round or even late 1st, which will require further trades of assets or just trade for Alex Smith or another vet qb and maybe deal with drafting a qb in 2019. 

We all know Sean wants his Keuchly soon. But he's gotta keep trying on young qbs. I don't care if he drafts one every year. The Patriot dynasty is soon ending. We have to find our qb soon....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Did you just see him puss out and crumble walking off the field? Guy is not a leader nor consistent thrower, wouldn't want him here.

I didn't watch the game or play. Just going off his overall body of work. He might exhibit bad leadership tendencies at times, but he also has willed his team to wins. I think that must be a type of leadership. His record is what it is.

17 minutes ago, P51 said:

Solid plan, ideally who do like at QB and DE through FA and draft? Ideal draft?

Id be sick, especially with Allen at 22, Rudolph could be palatable with the purple pill, probably the whole bottle....

I agree he won’t be there, would love it but not probable, watch Rahsaan Evans tomorrow and all the things he does if you didn’t notice in the Clemson game, making defensive calls, blitzing, playing coverage, attacking the run game, field awareness, he’s every bit as good as Smith and does more all around on the field, I’m hoping the league over looks him and the Bills can get him with one of their 1sts.

I've been a Mayfield guy all year, but I just haven't dug into enough of the film to modify my preseason rankings, which were Mayfield-Rosen-Jackson-Darnold-Allen.

As for pass rushers, I love Bradley Chubb, but he's a top-5 lock to me.

Hoping once the busy work time of the next few weeks subsides I'll get more active in the tapes, but I do really like Landry as a pass rusher.

would you guys trade the two first rounders, glenn, and maybe another pick or two for the #1 pick?

though, Id like to keep both second rounders if that happened 

edit..

saw it would take a lot, id be willing to chip in next years first too, if it was for darnold. 

i rather just sign cousins though, and build the rest of the team

Edited by GETTOTHE50

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

would you guys trade the two first rounders, glenn, and maybe another pick or two for the #1 pick?

Sure.. but not even the browns are accepting.

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I would. The browns won’t.  Nothing here