TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know. It sounds like a good thing, but is it really going to be enough to counter the run the Dolphins are about to go on now that they've dumped Ajayi? Color me concerned. [/saviorPeterman}

the brilliant minds in Miami have it covered

Here's Walterfootball on the trade. http://walterfootball.com/nfltrades.php

I didn't like the Jay Ajayi and Duane Brown trades for the Dolphins and Texans, respectively, but I could at least understand what those teams were thinking. This trade, however, makes absolutely no sense for the Panthers.

Marty Hurney is one of the worst general managers in the NFL, and it's irresponsible of the Panthers to allow him to be near a telephone on this day. Only he could make a ridiculously stupid move like this. He just traded away a very talented, young receiver for practically nothing, and for no reason.

Some Hurney loyalists might argue that the Panthers nearly won a Super Bowl without Benjamin in 2015, but the Panthers had the best defense in the conference that year. They also had Greg Olsen in his prime. Olsen is now 32 and coming off injury, so Carolina, now 5-2, doesn't have any viable downfield weapons for Cam Newton to work with.

The Bills, meanwhile, won this trade very easily. It's an A+ deal, no questions asked. Benjamin can step in and become their new No. 1 receiver, which is something they sorely needed, and given the lack of receiving talent in the upcoming draft class - check out my 2018 NFL Mock Draft here - the Bills had to do something like this. Giving up just a third for Benjamin is a major steal.

Grade for Bills - A+
Grade for Panthers - MILLEN

Edited by Doc Brown

From SBNation Panthers site:

"I really don’t know what to say about this other than WHY IN THE WORLD DID WE LET BRANDON BEANE GO TO BUFFALO MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ORGANIZATION?

Look, I know that Benjamin may not be the NFL’s best wide receiver, but it’s clear that this is a bad trade for the Panthers. Given that they lack weapons on offense as it is, trading one of your best ones away for a measly 3rd and 7th rounder is not a good way to conduct business. If they wanted to trade Benjamin — fine, trade him — but you have to get more than that.

Brandon Beane fleeced the Panthers here, and it’s a damn shame.

Best of luck to you in Buffalo, Benji. You’ll be missed."

I LOVE THIS TRADE!!!!

1. I am good with what we gave up, Kelvin is still a young WR to boot.

2. His contract is great for us this and next year.

3. Adds a big target for TT.

4. Brings more talent, starting quality talent, at the weakest position on the roster for a playoff push.

#GOBILLS

What is Carolina doing? They picked up his 5th year option and then let their only receiving threat go for questionable return. They're 5-3 and one game back of NO for the division lead.

So far Carolina has given us our HC, their draft board, our GM, and now Benjamin. In return they get a 3rd and a 7th.

Oh god I'm highly concerned for this team. They just killed any and all playoff hopes with this move.

I just talked to my connections in the pac 10 who are close to the situation. They said to me Savior the Bills blew it big time. Miami and the Pats are playing 4D chess on the way to the superbowl. Yeah you heard that right. These two teams are so good there will be no NFC champ this year. It will be Miami vs Pats. Likely this will also be the first superbowl to end in 112-112 point tie game.

In all seriousness holy crap!! I'm floored. Never seen this coming. Seems like the perfect receiver for us and got him for peanuts.

Really surprising. My first thoughts were how healthy is he and is he in shape? And this really makes no sense for Carolina. They are in desperate need of help for Cam so they trade their best receiver?

I like KBs talent level and what he brings to this offense. I wouldnt expect to do much better talent or production wise from a 3rd round draft pick.

If he is healthy, stays in shape and produces then I love it

4.6 40 and the following Panthers records:

As of 2017's NFL off-season, Kelvin Benjamin held at least 10 Panthers franchise records, including:

Receptions: rookie season (73 in 2014), rookie game (9 on 2014-11-16 ATL)

Receiving Yds: rookie season (1,008 in 2014)

Receiving TDs: playoff game (2 on 2015-01-10 @SEA; with Steve Smith Sr.), rookie season (9 in 2014), rookie game (2 on 2015-01-10 @SEA; with David Gettis)

Rec Yds/Game: rookie season (63.0 in 2014)

Total TDs: playoff game (2 on 2015-01-10 @SEA; with Steve Smith Sr. x2, Jonathan Stewart, and Cam Newton)

Yds from Scrimmage: rookie season (1,008 in 2014)

100+ yard receiving games: rookie season

3 and a 7. Absolutely love this trade.

Love it too. Great last minute trade deadline news.

Benjamin is a huge target who can be a factor deep.

Didn't know he was process material.....thought he was a diva.......but I will take it.

Under contract next year is a plus.

What is Carolina doing? They picked up his 5th year option and then let their only receiving threat go for questionable return. They're 5-3 and one game back of NO for the division lead.

So far Carolina has given us our HC, their draft board, our GM, and now Benjamin. In return they get a 3rd and a 7th.

They also got Kaelin Clay, don't forget that.

LMAO........but, but, but........

Receivers can't possibly play in a new offense half way through the year! - Said every loser that's afraid to go for it.

YEEHAW. We have ourselves a legit #1. And a #2 with Matthews!!!

Beane was next man up!!!!

Hell Yeah!

Lol after Deonte Thompson got 100+ yards stepping off the plane I think that excuse for Sammy faded away