Say a prayer for Danny, my son....

Nervous Guy

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Horrible news. Condolences to you abd your family. Remember him for what he was not what those demons made him.

+1. Thoughts and Prayers for your family. He is still alive in your memories of what he was, not what the demons made him. Remember those times. And this Irish Blessing:

I could not stay another day,

To love, to laugh, to work or play;

Tasks left undone must stay that way.

And if my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss…

Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief –

Don’t shorten yours with undue grief.

Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,

Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.

You're breaking my heart and I wish that there was something that I could say or do to lift this heartache from you but unfortunately I know that there isn't. I too went through some great pain with my oldest son because of addiction but thankfully he got through and turned his life over to Christ. 2 of my sons have been shot and stabbed, once in the heart, but through the Grace of God they were both saved. No football today for me, my heart and mind are on you. I pray for Danny's salvation and for God to lift this pain from his parents. I know that it's dark for you now, I wish that I could do more for you.

Edited by Tipster19

This past Friday afternoon, my son Danny lost a long battle with addiction. My heart has a gigantic hole in it that is only getting bigger as the hours go by. Danny was (as some of you that met him) a kind, funny and gregarious boy...he never lost those qualities. He tried to beat his demons over the past 6 years, and was temporarily successful for months at a time...once over a year! He never wanted that life and hated it, he never gave up...My family and I never gave up on him...we loved him so much. Friday I got the call that no parent ever wants to get. He will be coming home for the last time later this week. Not the homecoming We ever wanted.

He was a life long rabid Bills fan. Proud to be a Bills fan. Wore his Bills colors in the heart of Dolphin territory...we texted each other all game long, shared the victories and the defeats...planned to come this this years tailgate. Now that's all gone.

My plea to you is to have compassion for people in his position, they don't want to be there...they hate it, are ashamed of it...and sometimes just can't escape it. I miss my son and best buddy...I'd gladly change places with him, he was so young so much to live for. Please say a prayer for Danny to finally be at peace.

God bless Danny.And God bless you and your family...-Will say prayers today.

So sorry NG. I can't imagine the pain you've gone through and what you are going through now.

Oh my.

Over the years, I was hoping that he would overcome the demons. And every time you would post a hopeful message, maybe that was the sign that he's on the mend.

But life has a knack for throwing you curveballs that you cannot control.

If there's one little thing that I can tell you is that you were there for him and did as much as a parent could in a very trying circumstance.

Rest in peace little guy, because that's my memory of him, and again I apologize for cursing in front of a ten year old.

So sorry to hear the news, I still have a pic of you two at the 1st tailgate, As you said,they don't want to be where they are and as a parent, we can give as much support and love, but the demons are strong. God bless you and your family and hopefully Danny is in peace.

Nervous Guy, I really feel your pain. I know this has got to be a hard time for you and I'm so sorry for that. But Danny has two things

going for him right now. One is he's in the loving presence of the Lord now. The other is he's a Bills fan and lots of Bills fans that

read your post will send their love to Danny and you. This is not lost on the Lord and he will make things better for Danny up there,

and you and the rest of your family down here. God bless Danny, you and his family, and (what the heck) all other Bills fans.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Please reach out to me if you need anything.

When my Dad passed - someone had some words of wisdom that was essentially -"If you keep them alive in your hearts - then they will be with you forever" and those words of solace have brought comfort even in sad grieving.

Certainly he will be missed by all that came to know and love him.

Thoughts and Prayers are with you during this time of great sorrow.

So so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine what you are going through, I pray for you and your family and that God will comfort you in this time of tragedy. :cry::cry:0:)

One thing i know.

The ones that suffer.

They go straight to Heaven. no bulsshiit or waiting in line.

Thats where your boy is.

When your pain passes your happiness will be found. He no longer suffers.

My thoughts for you and your Family bring tears to me. But i am glad you shared that with us.

In time my friend