The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

Well that was an interesting end to the night to say the least. Traded twice to teams that took WRs......

We now have 20 hours to discuss our first pick. 

If the Bills simply like someone like Mitchell more, and take him at 33, I am fine with the trades, actually they would be nice moves. 

If they traded picks that ended up being Worthy and Leggette and then take a freaking safety from Iowa, it's time to take the pitchforks out.

Who are your best remaining and who do you want them to pick?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Lost said:

Mitchell is probably the only way to salvage this nightmare of a draft at this point. 

I think he is not our board.

I say Franklin/McConkey/Coleman or DeJean.

And than trade up a little bit in 2nd and 3rd to find some other starters.

I'm thinking it's Zach Frazier with the first pick in the 2nd (c'mon guys, 4 time wrestling champ out of West Virginia? That's obviously McD's guy)...and then they'll take Franklin or Tez Walker.

The dream is still very much alive. Draft two of these WRs in R2, likely with a medium trade up from #60:

Coleman

Franklin

Mitchell

McConkey

Polk

BPA at #95, perhaps with a small trade up to get a true 3rd round graded player.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm sticking with the remainder of my initial group of five:  DeJean,  McConkey and Franklin (Latu and Worthy were the other two).  

I think they may continue trading down a couple of spots at a time until one or two are taken.  I think the above would be the order of preference for McDermott and Beane. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The dream is still very much alive. Draft two of these WRs in R2, likely with a medium trade up from #60:

Coleman

Franklin

Mitchell

McConkey

Polk

BPA at #95, perhaps with a small trade up to get a true 3rd round graded player.

Still very much alive. I'm waiting until we pick tomorrow before getting too worked up. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Very puzzling to give up the 5th year of player control for what?

This is the worst part of it for me, especially if we take a player at 33. Even if it's after that, why give up the extra year of control for lower round picks? 

• Disagree 2

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Well that was an interesting end to the night to say the least. Traded twice to teams that took WRs......

We now have 20 hours to discuss our first pick. 

If the Bills simply like someone like Mitchell more, and take him at 33, I am fine with the trades, actually they would be nice moves. 

If they traded picks that ended up being Worthy and Leggette and then take a freaking safety from Iowa, it's time to take the pitchforks out.

Who are your best remaining and who do you want them to pick?

would you rather Mitchell on a 5 year deal plus a 6th or Mitchell on a 4 year deal plus a 5? 

id probably stay out and knock it out tonight 

• Agree 1

Clearly Beane is in rebuild mode. More bodies on rookie deals while eating massive dead cap. His sights are set on 2025. 2024 is build but be competitive, but we don't have the horses to compete with the elite AFC teams. That and we just gave our nemesis another cheetah.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

We spent a lot of time with DeJean, Franklin and Walker pre-draft. I think tomorrow, we either go DeJean and Walker, or Franklin and ??

This is what I said in the live draft thread...Cooper (I had at 32 before the trade down, nut now 33) and then they will take Walker at 60 if they don't trade back up.  

Or take Cooper and then package some picks and move back up from 60 and get McConkey, Mitchell, or Franklin.  If we end the first 2 rounds with Cooper and one of the WR's everyone thought we would take at 28, that would be a great start to the draft.

• Like (+1) 4

Frankly I think Adonai Mitchell is probably the guy we wanted since Thomas went off the board. When we found out other teams would trade up and weren’t gonna take Mitchell, we agreed to trade down. 

We aren’t in the market for a small wide receiver like either of the Xavier’s, which were the only two off the board since we could have drafted potentially.  

Mitchell is 6’4”+ and 4.3 nastiness.  Another megatron type but faster.  We lost nothing by trading down, only gained more and better picks.  

I bet we go with Adonai tomorrow with first pick and we significantly bolstered our draft position by drafting down twice.  Bottom line is we don’t trade down if our guy at any position is there.  If he isn’t and we can still get him lower, then it’s money for us. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MWK said:

It is almost certainly Dejean. McDermott runs this team.

Thinking it won’t be WR for us, if we stick at 33.  Prob had an another team make an offer for pick 32, Beane called Carolina and said someone else trying to get a WR too.  Think Beane and McD are in love w/Dejean and knew they could still have him at 33, bc Carolina was going WR.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Disappointed we didn't get that shiney new WR tonight. But we did go from 1 day 2 pick to having 3 day 2 picks. If Beane had run out of 1st round grades players then the move was to move down... especially if he has a clump of guys closely graded. I don't like it...but I get it.

And nothing is set in stone. Beane's got a golden ticket with pick 33. His phone will be ringing for a while tonight and early and often tomorrow. That 1st pick in round 2 historically gets moved often...so we may not be picking there either. 

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

This is the worst part of it for me, especially if we take a player at 33. Even if it's after that, why give up the extra year of control for lower round picks? 

Supposedly,  it's a really poor draft at the back end.  Maybe 5 rounds of players with draftable grades.  If you can trade back here,  convert some of those later picks into a higher round and still get the guy you wanted,  why not? 

My only gripe is trading with KC.  Don't care about Worthy...the Bills clearly weren't that interested...but I don't like the idea of trading with the team that's been blocking us in the playoffs. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

The trade with Carolina is a no brainer for many reasons.

1. You confirm with Carolina the player they are moving up to select is not the player you want. If it is then you don’t make the trade.
2. you move up about 60 spots from late 6th to high 5th. That is the 125 ranked player vs the 185.

3. the newly acquired high 5th rounder is a much more valuable trade chip to improve 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders.

4. The first pick in the 2nd round is often a highly traded pick as teams reevaluate their boards (since moving to the 3 day format), giving more trade down opportunities.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Old Coot said:

Why would the Panthers trade to jump ahead of the Bills? Presumably they were afraid the Bills would take their guy Legette.

No, someone else was prob calling Beane about the pick, so he tipped Carolina off and said I’ll give you the pick, but you gotta give me something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aurelius said:

Frankly I think Adonai Mitchell is probably the guy we wanted since Thomas went off the board. When we found out other teams would trade up and weren’t gonna take Mitchell, we agreed to trade down. 

We aren’t in the market for a small wide receiver like either of the Xavier’s, which were the only two off the board since we could have drafted potentially.  

Mitchell is 6’4”+ and 4.3 nastiness.  Another megatron type but faster.  We lost nothing by trading down, only gained more and better picks.  

I bet we go with Adonai tomorrow with first pick and we significantly bolstered our draft position by drafting down twice.  Bottom line is we don’t trade down if our guy at any position is there.  If he isn’t and we can still get him lower, then it’s money for us. 

Legette small? He is 6'1 221 pounds.... bot small at all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1