Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

He is neither a WR1 nor an X, which is what we need. 

Who says that? You? He’s exactly what we need. YAC and playmaking ability. We threw screens to Diggs. This team wants his speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Just relax. Only 3 WR's have gone off the board. There is no reason to jump up for no reason until your given a reason. The Bills will either take BTJ or Worthy if one goes then we can start talking trade up.

Unless one of those two is who the team is targeting. Then they have to START the WR run, rather than react to it. 

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

So if we go CB will heads explode?

I would struggle knowing we have Rasul and Benford as staters with Elam already being a 1st round pick in 2022. Other areas need addressed IMO

Just now, Virgil said:

Can someone else please draft Cooper DeJean ahead of us?

Green Bay is the commonly mocked spot. Philly have done a lot of work on him too but with Mitchell and Arnold still there I'm not sure he will be in play for them. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, it depends. If Verse, Arnold, and Mitchell go before 28 and BTJ is there - I would argue that Newton and DeJean are the next best Defensive players and either on par or rated lower than BTJ.

I'm not convinced BTJ is as high on teams boards as he is on fan/mock drafters boards. Then throw in the issues surrounding him...I just don't see it 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Steelers never thought Q Mitchell would be there....

This is between him and Barton I'm told

Please take Mitchell. I want no part of a lack of effort talent. 

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

I'd still take Barton. Mitchell is the better player but the well on OL will be a lot dryer at 51 than CB will be and they already have a good on in Porter

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

there were non specific rumors this week. I think someone was trying to push him down with all the sudden injury and off field comments this week

won’t other teams ignore the non-specific rumors? 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Porter and Mitchell could be the best corner duo in the league within the next 2-3 years IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 out of the next 4 teams could be WR.  Big stretch here.  Steelers could absolutely take one, even though they could use a CB and C.  The Dolphins absolutely could because they are the freaking Dolphins and just want to create a track team even though they have question marks all over the defense.  The Eagles won't take one, but Jax will for sure.  If we have a guy we want, trading with the Eagles is probably the only option here.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Who says that? You? He’s exactly what we need. YAC and playmaking ability. We threw screens to Diggs. This team wants his speed. 

We already have Samuel, Shakir, and even Kincaid for the screens IMO. Worthy would give us a deep threat that we're currently lacking for sure. Not a fan of him as a prospect personally but in a perfect world, he'll be very dangerous down the field.

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I don't know who won the draft but the Vikings pretty clearly lost it IMO.

Good news for us though. Their 2nd round pick next year could be pretty high.

Maybe we can trade it to them as part of a package for Jefferson 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay my top 4 players remaining now are ALL corners:

1. Mitchell

2. Arnold

3. Wiggins

4. DeJean

Except we hardly need one this early. Would you take the best center in the draft or a corner?