Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, Beck Water said:

I bet Josh Allen could mystify him easily  (seriously for those who don't remember, Josh Allen learned to do card and other magic tricks in college)

Great. Something else he concentrates on rather than football.

/s

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Kirk has always played the business part of the game. He can't cry when his team does the same.

Dude has what another 100 mill guaranteed from Atlanta? I'm sure he'll be fine in St. Tropez 

1 minute ago, BRH said:

Bigger point is, they didn't clue Cousins in at all.  I mean, not that they had to.  How much of his contract is guaranteed, anyway?

No idea. 

Remember Mahomes sat for a year. This kid will sit while Cousins plays (assuming he can post Achilles tear)

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is it the Chop Maybin comp? I've never watched Robinson play. He's obviously physically talented. But is he a guy who just sucks at football? What's the deal?

People should watch a bit of him.  Phenomenal speed and quickness, but raw.  He did create a lot of disruption against some top level opponents including Ohio State and Michigan.  There is some risk with him, but he is an exceptional athlete for a DE.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I mean, it’s bizarre.

I am a big proponent of taking a QB if you think he’s the guy when you can, especially with an older starter, but why sign Kirk at all with this pick?

they’d rather have him sit and learn under Cousins than Heinecke?  I dunno

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Kirk has always played the business part of the game. He can't cry when his team does the same.

but this was just a bizarre move not a shrewd business move

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, The Wiz said:

@RiotAct Thank you for letting me know someone else got it and was old enough to get it.

I’ve only actually played one game from that series all the way through so far, I need to change that

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m guessing that this is where Byron Murphy might come off the board, if not, then maybe 18 to Bengals or 19 to Rams.  I think he’s gonna be a beast 

Cincy and Rams make alot of sense, for DL picks.

Value will certainly be there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

People should watch a bit of him.  Phenomenal speed and quickness, but raw.  He did create a lot of disruption against some top level opponents including Ohio State and Michigan.  There is some risk with him, but he is an exceptional athlete for a DE.

He's not a finisher 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think we see the first DT taken in the next few picks. Sea-Jax-Cincy....feels like a window for Murphy's draft slot 

I should have stuck with my gut on Murphy. I didn’t think he was worthy of a top 10 pick. I actually think Murphy will be the only DT to go round 1 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I’m actually happy Latu is gone. I have a feeling he doesn’t last long in the league 

Yeah, on tape, he’s my favorite DL prospect in this draft. His medicals leave me wanting nothing to do with him. From what I’ve read his fusion survey gives a player - on average - 3-4 years playing time before it fails. Maybe he’s the exception, I wouldn’t take the chance though, let another team make that gamble. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

This draft definitely shows defense is definitely an afterthought these days...

Baltimore, KC, and SF were the three best defenses in the league last year.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Would trading up for Turner be crazy?  I can't say I'd be too upset

Crazy unless you have a plan on trading 60 + a 2nd next year to 35-40 to grab what’s left at wr

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mynamemike said:

Let him sit and learn for two years. Penix has all the physical tools to be successful.  

He would be 26 by the time he makes his first start. You also waste two years of the rookie contract.

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

BTJ needless to get past Jax … always thought they were a chance of taking him 

Agree. But the info I have from a very plugged in beat guy in Jax is that it is a corner. Let's hope so.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mynamemike said:

Let him sit and learn for two years. Penix has all the physical tools to be successful.  

Yeah but like the goal is to make a playoff run with Kirk right?

Just now, Low Positive said:

He would be 26 by the time he makes his first start. You also waste two years of the rookie contract.

I haven't seen a team completely waste a top ten pick like Atlanta did tonight 

The pick for them made zero sense in my opinion for them

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, MDH said:

Yeah, on tape, he’s my favorite DL prospect in this draft. His medicals leave me wanting nothing to do with him. From what I’ve read his fusion survey gives a player - on average - 3-4 years playing time before it fails. Maybe he’s the exception, I wouldn’t take the chance though, let another team make that gamble. 

Reminds me of that guy the Cowboys took a few years ago, Jaylon Smith I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

Memes aside, I really hope we don't get tempted to go with an EDGE or DT who is only gonna play 40% of snaps... 

Really need to invest in Allen and weapons.

• Agree 1