Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Chargers will be disappointed not to have been able to get a trade done. Maybe.... Joe Alt? But when Daniel Jeremiah says something in terms of Chargers picks you listen. He knows the Chargers. He thinks JC Latham 

Well done.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm not saying he's going to be a threat the next 2 seasons, but by year 3 and added weapons he could pose a problem.  He's not pasty like Mac.

Oh he's definitely got the potential to be really good 

He's actually super young and I would sit him as long as I could this year.. that would bode well for them long term 

And could help maximize his potential and raise his floor

Just now, sven233 said:

OK....dodged one bullet.

Not really. Where one door closes another opens. Alt off the board may put a young fast WR in play for someone like Tennessee who was a popular spot in mocks for Alt.

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ve never seen a guy less thrilled to go to San Diego. I know Midwest folk aren’t very animated, but geez. 

They play in LA now. ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay it is Alt. He is my #1 overall player. I'd have gone receiver if it was me, but I can't hate that

I thought the Latham talk at 5 was nuts over one of the WRs and Alt.  

Alt is the only OL I can see taking over the WRs there.  Even though I would have taken Odunze personally and addressed OL later 

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Washington ha so the 4th and 8th pick in the 2nd round.. anyway we can get both of those to move back if they wanted back into the 1st round ?

No but they also have three picks in Round 3 and I'd be okay with 4th in Round 2 and one of their 3s so long BTJ and Mitchell off the board.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I thought the Latham talk at 5 was nuts over one of the WRs and Alt.  

Alt is the only OL I can see taking over the WRs there.  Even though I would have taken Odunze personally and addressed OL later 

So did I, but everyone had it.... and DJ knows the Chargers better than anyone. But Alt is so much superior. Latham is my OT8

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea that elongated release is his biggest issue IMO. Walking strip sack unless he can tidy that up.

Yea... It's not the worst... But it's not as crisp as you'd like from a top five pick 

He also didn't play his senior year of high school.. so he's super young, with a lot of traits, but unpolished 

I talk about seeing Caleb in high school and seeing a number one pick... Drake Maye always was very interesting to me 

He's got the look.. and he does have a very good arm and is a good athlete.. he just needs to catch up to the game 

And work on that release