Epic, Hypothetical Trade Scenario: Would ya?

Epic, Hypothetical Trade Scenario: Would ya?  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Josh Allen to the Bears for #1, #9 and a 1st and 2nd in 2025?

17 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Chicago Bears get: Josh Allen

Buffalo Bills get: #1, #9, 2025 1st and 2nd

If not, what would it take? Everybody’s got a price!

What would it take? It would take an EmotionallyUnstable,soon to be fired,GM

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This is a tough one....on one hand, you have the 2nd best QB in the league, but on the other hand, there are some quality QB's in this draft.....unproven, yes, but every QB is unproven when coming out of college and playing their first season in the NFL.

I voted yes, only because if you can get enough draft capital in the next 2 years, you could actually build something special. It seems we're just piecemealing a roster together the past couple of years, but if you can create a structured foundation, you can have a somewhat juggernaut for years to come.....all on a rookie salary.

Would i want this to happen?......probably not, but i wouldn't be upset with it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

I mean, sure we already have Josh Allen. But those are draft picks. A draft pick can turn out to be anything...heck we could even end up with the next Josh Allen!

Something about a bird in the hand being better than two in a bush applies here, I believe. So I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means 'no'".

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I might do it in 2038 if josh is still playing.  The Bills more or less pulled this sort of trade of with an old and much less potent OJ.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You want to trade a PROVEN generational talent QB, an on track for the HOF QB, to draft a QB that you have no idea if he will pan out, another pick to draft a player that you will have no idea whether he will work out, and then a couple more high end picks in 2025? :huh: You do realize that Josh Allen IS the Buffalo Bills right now, right? There is no price. You don't trade a generational talent QB in the prime of his career. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 7

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d probably need 5 firsts including the first overall pick with a “can’t miss QB” prospect in the draft. I’m not talking Trevor Lawrence. I’m talking Andrew Luck / Peyton Manning level prospect.

Both of Chicago's 1st this year and 25, 26' minimum

I’ve been a no on this since @Pine Barrens Mafia suggested it in the aftermath of the Denver loss, but the salary cap does make things like this interesting to think about. At every position other than QB, a high-level draft prospect has more value than an all-pro. For example, the right to pick MHJ is worth more right now than Justin Jefferson. This is unique to the NFL. International soccer leagues have no cap or draft, baseball has no cap or draft for Latin American players and players take years to develop, the NBA has a soft cap, and the NHL drafts at 18 so like baseball players take years to see the top league. In the NFL, potential on a rookie deal is worth more than any player that you have to pay. All that being said, QB is different. 

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Allen would have to be old and fading for a season or 2 before I would consider trading him

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d probably need 5 firsts including the first overall pick with a “can’t miss QB” prospect in the draft. I’m not talking Trevor Lawrence. I’m talking Andrew Luck / Peyton Manning level prospect.

yea, that basically buys you two swings at the position with hopes you can come close to an elite option. I’d probably be ok with the Lawrence tier if arms were twisted but a great qb is such a talent multiplier for the other 52

On 4/17/2024 at 4:41 AM, Doc said:

LOL!  What jokers voted “yes”?

Sweats

Pine Barrens Mafia

nedboy7

KDIGGZ

DD4Bills

27yanks

Dr Krentist

calcio

arcadia bob

DasNootz

Taro Nimbus

DrBob806

ChattanoogaBills

Lieutenant Aldo Raine

dreadlox

Gonzonzo

Wizard

In other words the "I was so much more happier when we missed the playoffs for almost 2 decades" crew

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I voted yes. Since it’s been said we aren’t winning anyways. I’m rebuilding for the post McAllen era. 

1. Allen will be 28 this year. Window to win with him is wide open. Beane will have to rebuild/retool the roster around him. This draft is very important.

2. Kelly retired in 96 and look how long it took the Bills to find their next franchise QB in Allen. No way I am trading one of the best QB's in the game who is still in his prime. 

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Sweats

Pine Barrens Mafia

nedboy7

KDIGGZ

In other words the "I was so much more happier when we missed the playoffs for almost 2 decades" crew

Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I think if the draft capital is good enough, you have to at least consider it and to disregard this notion, is irresponsible.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, sure we already have Josh Allen. But those are draft picks. A draft pick can turn out to be anything...heck we could even end up with the next Josh Allen!

Something about a bird in the hand being better than two in a bush applies here, I believe. So I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means 'no'".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Hey, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I think if the draft capital is good enough, you have to at least consider it and to disregard this notion, is irresponsible.

Then let KC trade Mahomes for that hypothetical trade package.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Dude, this doesn't even make sense, but i'll humor you.........Mahomo is a multi-SB winning champion, they ain't letting him go at any cost.

We've got the 2nd best QB in the league with very little team around him. If the opportunity comes up to build a whole roster through structural foundation, all on a rookie deal, you have to at least consider it......i guarantee you that our FO have done their due diligence and have at least thought about it......albeit, probably as just a passing glance, but i'm sure the notion has come up, as i'm sure it comes up with every franchise with a legit QB. Now, whether they ever act on it is another story.

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Scary thing is that if any team could recover from that level of stupidity, KC is probably the one team that could. Andy Reid has always maximized the talents of his QB's, and with that many picks they'd find him someone who could execute his offense with at least a Donovan McNabb/ Alex Smith type of production.

Just now, Sweats said:

Dude, this doesn't even make sense, but i'll humor you.........Mahomo is a multi-SB winning champion, they ain't letting him go at any cost.

We've got the 2nd best QB in the league with very little team around him. If the opportunity comes up to build a whole roster through structural foundation, all on a rookie deal, you have to at least consider it......i guarantee you that our FO have done their due diligence and have at least thought about it......albeit, probably as just a passing glance, but i'm sure the notion has come up, as i'm sure it comes up with every franchise with a legit QB. Now, whether they ever act on it is another story.

They are not trading Allen. That is insane. Name one franchise QB who was traded when he was in his prime. How many years went by since Kelly retired, and Allen was drafted. Franchise QB's are hard to find. Go ask Jets fans who haven't had one since Namath. The Bills have a lot of picks in this draft. Plus, their cap situation will be much better next year. Window #1 to win a Super Bowl with Allen has probably closed. But as I mentioned Allen will be 28 this year. Beane will rebuild/retool the roster to try and win a Super Bowl with Allen over the next few years. That is the reality of the Bills situation. I was kidding about the Chiefs trading Mahomes. That is about as believable as the Bills trading Allen.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

1. Allen will be 28 this year. Window to win with him is wide open. Beane will have to rebuild/retool the roster around him. This draft is very important.

2. Kelly retired in 96 and look how long it took the Bills to find their next franchise QB in Allen. No way I am trading one of the best QB's in the game who is still in his prime. 

No I heard we have wasted his prime.  McD will never win anything.  Beane is avg at best.  The rest of the team is garbage.  Time for a rebuild.  

I mean whats the point of responding to this seriously. 

• Like (+1) 2

It would take 3 years worth of 1st & 2nd round picks, plus additional compensation. The Bills went 20 years without a franchise QB, so it would be absolute insanity to willingly give one up.

But if you had 3 straight years of multiple 1st & 2nd round picks (along with everything else), you'd at least have a good chance of getting another. Only question would be "was it worth jumping through all those hoops when you already had a guy?"

If it took multiple years to find the replacement, then probably not. Those picks would've likely been wasted.

• Like (+1) 1