OJ Simpson dead at 76

Bigvinny

The fact that the jury consisted of 8 blacks, 2 Hispanics, 1 half-Caucasian, half Native American, and 1 Caucasian female…..then the lead investigator, Mark Fuhrman, lying about using the N word…..and the prosecutor’s stupid tactic of making OJ try the glove on led to the not guilty verdict. Plain and simple.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

I do hope the Simpson family allows a postmortem analysis of his brain for signs of CTE.  I have, for years, suspected he was suffering from this and it could possibly point to severe mental illness (undiagnosed) later in life. OJ was my hero as a boy but I too thought he was guilty of the double murder. I thought the prosecution did a terrible job and that the LA police made several agregious errors at the crime scene. The conviction in the civil trial, his subsequent behavior stealing his own property at gunpoint, and time in prison as a result certainly pointed to a troubled man , fallen from a great height, who some might say deserved all of it. I only know it was a terrible situation obviously for the victims and the family and also for OJ and his living family. RIP OJ, and I hope the victims remaining family have some peace from his passing.

No way the glove was not in planted. That was just stupid, and Mark Felt was a disaster for prosecution. Plead the fifth on planting the glove. 

Im sure he was mentally ill, so hope they do allow the CTE. 

1 minute ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Here’s hoping that Hell actually exists. He’ll have plenty of lawyer friends to cook with. 

I mean I’m not one to speak of ill of the recent departed but I mean he did indirectly introduce us to the Kardashian family.  

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

The fact that the jury consisted of 8 blacks, 2 Hispanics, 1 half-Caucasian, half Native American, and 1 Caucasian female…..then the lead investigator, Mark Fuhrman, lying about using the N word…..and the prosecutor’s stupid tactic of making OJ try the glove on led to the not guilty verdict. Plain and simple.

I forget who should be credited with this quote, but always found it humorous. “A jury is 12 people too dumb to get out of jury duty.” 

Jokes aside, as I said in my other post,  this particular jury had to be made up of 12 people who could be considered unbiased. The amount of rocks they had to have overturned to find 12 people who didn’t know enough about the case to be biased much have been huge. 

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I mean I’m not one to speak of ill of the recent departed but I mean he did indirectly introduce us to the Kardashian family.  

To be fair to them they market themselves well, have to give them credit for that if nothing else.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

One of the all time greatest football players. One of the all time worst human beings. 

Bless his heart. Now he, Nicole, and Ron can all be together again.

But why call him a terrible human being for one lapse in judgement?

By my estimate, he lived 28,035 days.  28,034 days he never killed anyone (as far as we know). Pretty good record by any measure!

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The practical difference is it's not about you being innocent, not guilty just means they haven't done enough to prove that you're guilty, that's the point, if you had to prove yourself innocent it would be much higher burden because you'd have to actually prove it there wouldn't be an automatic assumption of innocence.

And yet, under our binary system, "not guilty" is the only available verdict besides guilty.  So, even a person who is 100% verifiably innocent of a crime cannot obtain a verdict that is more favorable than "not guilty", at least in a criminal trial.  FWIW, it's my understanding that a person who was wrongly convicted of a crime can later be set free based upon a showing of "actual innocence", but that's not what we're talking about here.    

Edited by mannc

53 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Do you come here to post about them?

i can!

edit:  i just found out the jg wentworth can help me if i'm in trouble with cash flow!

Edited by teef

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have his autograph...does the value of that go up or down after his death?

Autographs and memorabilia will see a bump after a person's death.  I had a Jimmy Buffett concert shirt that if I sold it on eBay right after his death, I could have easily got $50 for it.  Now, maybe $10. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My sisters bra.  

Why do you have your sisters... you know what? I don't want to know.

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I remember meeting OJ as a kid.

He never murdered me, not once.

Well, you weren't dating his ex-wife at the time, were you? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I can understand your post and others who admit they have conflicted feelings over the situation and especially those who grew up as OJ as their hero.  That is a complicated position to be in.  My original post was directed at those who are only celebrating or mourning OJ in their post. 

Well put!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

The jury composition argument has been debunked with studies, blacks convict blacks just like whites convict whites… they lost because one of the lead investigators was a blatant racist and the prosecution decided to have OJ try on gloves in front of the jury for some crazy reason.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

2000 yards in 14 games will never be matched

Unfortunately that achievement was eclipsed by Nicole's death.  When you mention OJ Simpson you don't think of those 2000 yards.  

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Looking back I find it very bizarre that they brought TV's into schools- at least ours- to watch this trial.

I would have been in 10th grade at the conclusion of the trial. They herded us into the library to watch the verdict live on TV.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, julian said:

The jury composition argument has been debunked with studies, blacks convict blacks just like whites convict whites… they lost because one of the lead investigators was a blatant racist and the prosecution decided to have OJ try on gloves in front of the jury for some crazy reason.

People can create "studies" to fit whatever narrative they want. Nothing against black people because white jurors do it too , it's called racial bias. I'm not saying everyone,  but if you think there isn't racial bias then you're sadly mistaken. Having that many minorities as jurors certainly wasn't a bad thing. 

36 minutes ago, mannc said:

And yet, under our binary system, "not guilty" is the only available verdict besides guilty.  So, even a person who is 100% verifiably innocent of a crime cannot obtain a verdict that is more favorable than "not guilty", at least in a criminal trial.  FWIW, it's my understanding that a person who was wrongly convicted of a crime can later be set free based upon a showing of "actual innocence", but that's not what we're talking about here.    

That's because the system isn't for proving innocence, it's for punishing criminality while protecting people's right to presumed innocence. I know the process of getting cleared/retrial or however it is, is more difficult not sure if it's the same as being proven innocent, don't know not as familiar with that concept, just think I remember it being more difficult due to a loss of the presumption of innocence or something, not sure there is anything that proves innocence in our system not really what it's built for.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

People can create "studies" to fit whatever narrative they want. Nothing against black people because white jurors do it too , it's called racial bias. I'm not saying everyone,  but if you think there isn't racial bias then you're sadly mistaken. Having that many minorities as jurors certainly wasn't a bad thing. 

Theses studies are actually just results of trials with different jury compositions, there’s nothing to manipulate. I’m the most anti woke poster on this board, but the black jury wouldn’t convict a black defendant just isn’t factual.

The prosecution lost this case horribly.

• Haha (+1) 1

Not sure what the fuss is about but, personally, I have zero issue with speaking poorly of the dead. Never had, despite convoluted attempts to shame others.

He went from a Bills superstar to a horrendous multi murderer. That makes him a POS now and forever.

I’m glad he’s dead. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1

https://babylonbee.com/news/oj-simpson-excited-for-god-to-tell-him-who-real-killer-was

U.S. — O.J. Simpson has passed away from cancer at the age of 76. According to sources from the afterlife, the former football star is looking forward to asking God who really killed his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson. "I've been racking my brains for decades trying to figure out who may have done it," said Simpson. "It will be great to have all my questions finally laid to rest. I really can't imagine who might have committed such a crime." At publishing time, O.J. Simpson's questions unfortunately remained unanswered after a majority-black jury declared him "not dead."

Edited by Just Jack

44 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Great point. That’s another strike against him in the name of humanity. 

• Haha (+1) 1