OJ Simpson dead at 76

Bigvinny

Just now, Beck Water said:

I do wonder how they feel, and how Nicole's family feels, having Simpson reportedly die "surrounded by his children and grandchildren".

Those are Nicole's children and grandchildren, whom she never got the chance to watch grow or to meet.

I do feel bad for the Simpson family as they are innocent. 

• Agree 4

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Ok, he was found not guilty.  Can you explain the difference?

The difference is very obvious "not guilty"- means they didn't find enough to say that you are guilty. "Proven innocent"- means they found enough to say you are innocent.

Edited by Warcodered

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

It wasn't. He was found innocent. He is now dead.

There are interesting things to say about the man but judgement has been cast upon him by someone/something/somehow more than we can/did.

For a guy who prides himself on spotting weak minds...this is sooo dumb.

F OJ.  

A million years ago he had a season for the ages.  His greatest accomplishment is getting off on doublers homicide.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The difference is very obvious "not guilty"- means they didn't find enough to say that you are guilty. "Proven innocent"- means they found enough to say you are innocent.

Semantics.  What is the practical difference? Under our system, “not guilty” is the only available “vindication” for someone wrongly accused of a crime. No one has ever been found “innocent”.

@Beck Water

Ja

son was a sous chef. He quite literally had a set of knives on him that very night.

Jason had a punch out ticket to clock out at work. But that night he didn't use it. His time that he left was written in for the first time ever. This means no one knows when he actually really left.

Jason lied about his whereabouts and said he was with his girlfriend. It later came out during the civil deposition that he had lied. He then claimed he was home alone after work. He had absolutely no alibi for the time of the murders. None. When this line of questioning took place, Jason got very nervous and the lawyer asked what was going on, and they immediately took a break. Came back from break and this line of questioning was not revisited.

Jason was supposed to cook for Nicole and the kids that night, and Nicole changed her mind and went to another restaurant instead. This would have ticked him off. Why would it have ticked him off? He had rage issues and a possible crush on Nicole, as well as disdain. A lot of weird feelings.

Jason, at the time of the murders, was on probation for threatening a prior boss with a knife. Seriously.

Jason had threatened suicide to a girlfriend in an argument and stabbed himself.

Jason attended the Army and Navy Academy, was trained with a knife.

Jason had been taking depakote for his rage. He was off his meds at the time.

Jason when he was much younger as a teen was in charge of his youngest sister swimming in the pool with no one else around. She drowned to death. OJ and his wife broke up soon after, splitting the family apart. From here, OJ would end up wifing Nicole. This context is very important.

Whoever killed Nicole and Ron would have been covered in blood. Remember, Ron put up a fight. Getting into a car certainly would have meant more than a few drops of blood. We never got to see Jason's Jeep. But we do know that it was left out in the rain uncovered after the murders.

The only person on this planet OJ Simpson would have covered for what have been his son. Really think about that. Not anyone else but his son, whom he also felt he had failed in life. He felt responsible for him, paid his way through life, and this was his first son.

So the theory is that Jason in his rage went to Nicole's home to confront her about dinner. He realized what was happening with Ron. He went back and got a knife from his Jeep and came back and killed them in rage. Jason didn't give a ***** that his step brother and sister were in the house sleep. He just raged out.

these were the earlier days of cell phones. And the cops never looked at cel phone records. Jason called his dad on his cell phone and told him he needed to come over. OJ showed up, saw what Jason did and split his hand open in anger hitting something. He ordered Jason to go home and clean up and get rid of the clothes and he would go home as well and pretend like nothing happened. That night he also called a lawyer for Jason. Yes, the next day Jason already had a lawyer. Fact. No one else but Jason already had a lawyer. And when the police tried to question him they were rebuffed. But they didn't try hard. Christopher darden wanted to go after him but was rebuffed. The focus was to be entirely on OJ.

Jason Simpson got away with murder and OJ Simpson got away with messing with the crime scene and accessory to murder at worst.

The knit cap that OJ supposedly wore had dog hairs in it that were unexplained.

There are pictures of Jason wearing the same knit cap, or a variation of it with his dog. https://www.altereddimensions.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/image120.png

https://i.insider.com/4f870efe69bedd1f1300000a?width=800&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Look at this guy. He has the build and he was youthful enough to do this. OJ could have very easily gifted the pair of shoes to his son.

And there is more. Much more.

there's more that points Jason to the death than OJ for sure.

we know at the time that he had a set of knives on them and was unaccounted for. we know who you was on probation for attacking someone with a knife. We know he was off his depakote meds for his intermediate rage disorder. We know he was angry with Nicole. We know he wore these knit caps. knives, violence, rage, trained with a knife.

This is your guy.

The riage behind OJ is so pronounced that people will never admit their mistakes. The race issue is so deeply embedded. You say OJ didn't do it and people lose their minds. but once you follow down the rabbit hole about his son Jason you realize that everyone was wrong. OJ wasn't guilty of murder but he surely wasn't innocent either.

Check out the book by Bill Deer. Look at the facts for yourself. The actual facts. Read the civil deposition yourself. You will see something is horrifically wrong here.

EDIT:

So you guys are confused here about his schooling. I apologize. Ill explain. This is not about West Point or the Naval Academy.

Yes there is Army and Navy Academy.

https://armyandnavyacademy.org/

Army and Navy Academy is a college-preparatory boarding school for boys, grades 7–12, in Carlsbad, California. It was founded in 1910.

This is where he got field knife training and hand to hand combat training.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

For a guy who prides himself on spotting weak minds...this is sooo dumb.

F OJ.  

A million years ago he had a season for the ages.  His greatest accomplishment is getting off on doublers homicide.

yes and i've since addressed this error but it is still to the point - he isn't guilty

If he was innocent, which I sincerely doubt, it's a shame he was never exonerated.  If he was guilty, it's a shame he was never appropriately punished.

I've seen lists of the NFL's top all-time RBs that didn't include OJ in the top five.  At first blush, that's insane.  But I get that his post-career crimes will always taint his career achievements - and rightly so.    

But I also remember the divinely gifted athlete he was before his devilish acts.  OJ played in the Golden Age of Running Backs when America's best athletes wanted to tote the ball and defenses were focused on stopping them.  Yet in 1973, OJ rushed for 2,003 yards when the next best Golden Era RB only produced 1144 yards.  OJ nearly doubled the back who would have worn the rushing crown that year if not for OJ.  Tom Brady, the Golden Boy of the Passing Era, never achieved that kind of relative production.  Not even close.  

If not for his crimes, OJ would be in the GOAT conversation.  Instead, he's a chapter of NFL history most would like to ignore and forget.  It's sad for me because he was my first, and last, football idol.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wonder will they do a brain scan. He must have had some sort of brain injury after all those hits

I do hope the Simpson family allows a postmortem analysis of his brain for signs of CTE.  I have, for years, suspected he was suffering from this and it could possibly point to severe mental illness (undiagnosed) later in life. OJ was my hero as a boy but I too thought he was guilty of the double murder. I thought the prosecution did a terrible job and that the LA police made several agregious errors at the crime scene. The conviction in the civil trial, his subsequent behavior stealing his own property at gunpoint, and time in prison as a result certainly pointed to a troubled man , fallen from a great height, who some might say deserved all of it. I only know it was a terrible situation obviously for the victims and the family and also for OJ and his living family. RIP OJ, and I hope the victims remaining family have some peace from his passing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Semantics.  What is the practical difference? Under our system, “not guilty” is the only available “vindication” for someone wrongly accused of a crime. No one has ever been found “innocent”.

The practical difference is it's not about you being innocent, not guilty just means they haven't done enough to prove that you're guilty, that's the point, if you had to prove yourself innocent it would be much higher burden because you'd have to actually prove it there wouldn't be an automatic assumption of innocence.

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

@Beck Water

yes and i've since addressed this error but it is still to the point - he isn't guilty

No you've changed the point.  

He was found not guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

He was found liable for the double murders by a more sophisticated jury

No grieving here over the Juice.  Had a great life, couldn’t handle it and the rest was tragic and disastrous.  Yet another stark reminder of how on-field exploits don’t translate into real world character.

At least Nicole's and Ron's families know he's gone.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

Never smoked weed in my life. Never will. 

Well, I think we’ve found the problem. 

Boyst, I kinda see the point you’re trying to make, but you’re going way overboard. You keep saying how much he’s “holding power over people’s lives”  and it’s sad that they are “consumed” with it. 

It also seems from your posts that you are a spiritual, if not religious, man. Many of us are not, so it doesn’t impact us in that way. Or some of us probably are and feel like he finally got his “eye for an eye.” 

But come on man, it’s  just normal for anyone who was alive during the murders and the sham trial (the prosecution would have been better suited being led by my dog) to not feel any remorse for him. He was not found “innocent” as others have corrected you on. He was found not guilty by 12 people who were so detached from society that they could have been considered impartial. 

He was later found liable. If his son did it, why did OJ go on the slow speed chase and not just RUN to the police since he claimed forever after that he was going to find the “real killer.” He then went on to commit other felonies, and served prison time. His Twitter was full of him on the golf course, showing off to the world - including the Goldmans - that life was SWEET for OJ. 

It’s not him holding power. It’s the fact that many of us realize that if there were any justice in the world, OJ would have died that night and Nicole would have lived out the rest of her years on the golf course (or wherever she wanted). 

Oh, and he was a Bills legend, so forgive the skew on this website. 

But come on man. He was a trash human. And if you believe he will now be judged at some set of pearl coated gates,

good for you. The rest of us aren’t being held by his power; we’re just not going to shed any tears over his death. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Thank you (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah it'd be weird for him to be proven innocent and then found civilly liable.

Not really if you put numbers on it.  Preponderance of the evidence you need 50.1% for verdict.  Beyond reasonable doubt? No one puts a number on it but assume it’s around 90% - 95% sure person is guilty. So not guilty in criminal case but guilty in civil case, juries believed defendant was between 50.1% and 90% - 95% guilty. Kind of crazy but that’s the system.

5 minutes ago, richNjoisy said:

I do hope the Simpson family allows a postmortem analysis of his brain for signs of CTE.  I have, for years, suspected he was suffering from this and it could possibly point to severe mental illness (undiagnosed) later in life. OJ was my hero as a boy but I too thought he was guilty of the double murder. I thought the prosecution did a terrible job and that the LA police made several agregious errors at the crime scene. The conviction in the civil trial, his subsequent behavior stealing his own property at gunpoint, and time in prison as a result certainly pointed to a troubled man , fallen from a great height, who some might say deserved all of it. I only know it was a terrible situation obviously for the victims and the family and also for OJ and his living family. RIP OJ, and I hope the victims remaining family have some peace from his passing.

Terrible situation for OJ?  Wow…SMH.  👎🏻

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

He beat his first wife.

He beat and later beheaded his second wife.

You have to be weak minded to hate a guy like that.

I’m positive you’re missing a word in here somewhere, no? 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No you've changed the point.  

He was found not guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

He was found liable for the double murders by a more sophisticated jury

Unlike criminal juries, which can find a defendant guilty only if the evidence is “beyond a reasonable doubt,” the standard for civil juries is a “preponderance of the evidence” – meaning that it is more likely than not that the plaintiff's claims have been proven to be true.

from like the gov, 'n stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, damj said:

I think it's a fitting tribute that his name should never be taken down from Rich Stadium.

I just wouldn't put it back up in the new one.

Or make a "Ring of Fame" that is less visible inside the stadium concourse somewhere. . It could be done in such a way that still dignifies our past but is a new way of display.

The original ring might run out of room eventually anyway right? I think so. *shrugs* 

Removing his name brings more attention to the guy  not less. I say let him, his football achievements RIP and keep it moving.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Well, I think we’ve found the problem. 

Boyst, I kinda see the point you’re trying to make, but you’re going way overboard. You keep saying how much he’s “holding power over people’s lives”  and it’s sad that they are “consumed” with it. 

It also seems from your posts that you are a spiritual, if not religious, man. Many of us are not, so it doesn’t impact us in that way. Or some of us probably are and feel like he finally got his “eye for an eye.” 

But come on man, it’s  just normal for anyone who was alive during the murders and the sham trial (the prosecution would have been better suited being led by my dog) to not feel any remorse for him. He was not found “innocent” as others have corrected you on. He was found not guilty by 12 people who were so detached from society that they could have been considered impartial. 

He was later found liable. If his son did it, why did OJ go on the slow speed chase and not just RUN to the police since he claimed forever after that he was going to find the “real killer.” He then went on to commit other felonies, and served prison time. His Twitter was full of him on the golf course, showing off to the world - including the Goldmans - that life was SWEET for OJ. 

It’s not him holding power. It’s the fact that many of us realize that if there were any justice in the world, OJ would have died that night and Nicole would have lived out the rest of her years on the golf course (or wherever she wanted). 

Oh, and he was a Bills legend, so forgive the skew on this website. 

But come on man. He was a trash human. And if you believe he will now be judged at some set of pearl coated gates,

good for you. The rest of us aren’t being held by his power; we’re just not going to shed any tears over his death. 

i'm an atheist. there is no judgement to be cast upon by st peter and the almighty.

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

Not really if you put numbers on it.  Preponderance of the evidence you need 50.1% for verdict.  Beyond reasonable doubt? No one puts a number on it but assume it’s around 90% - 95% sure person is guilty. So not guilty in criminal case but guilty in civil case, juries believed defendant was between 50.1% and 90% - 95% guilty. Kind of crazy but that’s the system.

Yes the point was being made that it's not "proven innocent" it's "not guilty" I was saying that it'd be strange for it to be "proven innocent" and then lose the liable case, because it'd essentially be like you said that 90-95% but going in the opposite direction for innocence.

• Bigvinny changed the title to OJ Simpson died.