OJ Simpson dead at 76

Bigvinny

1 minute ago, Nuncha said:

Same here.  Hope for his sake he really didn't kill Nicole because he won't fool the guy upstairs....

Don't forget about Ron Goldman, one of the unluckiest men to ever live.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

POS Human being.  I can't believe there are people celebrating his football accomplishments in here 

Did you know him? Was your life personally affected by him?

If he held this power of emotion over you I suggest you seek an opportunity to explore more beneficial meanings in your life.

1 minute ago, birdo67 said:

Don't forget about Ron Goldman, one of the unluckiest men to ever live.

It's amazing to hear a lot of research on this that's been done which opens a legit case that OJ's son could have done it. 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have his autograph...does the value of that go up or down after his death?

Depends, did he sign a small black leather glove?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

If he held this power of emotion over you I suggest you seek an opportunity to explore more beneficial meanings in your life.

It's amazing to hear a lot of research on this that's been done which opens a legit case that OJ's son could have done it. 

What motive would Jason have?

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Maybe this will lift some sort of curse that had been on the franchise?

Well, he didn’t become Edward Scissor-hands until after the Bills 4 Super Bowls.

14 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

POS Human being.  I can't believe there are people celebrating his football accomplishments in here 

for me his football ability is separate from his off the field life. I'm acknowledging That prowess and what many of us saw back in the day.

Upon his passing away it would be weird not to bring it up on a Bills message board. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's the reason I became a Bills fan 55 years ago. Still blows me away I just happen to drive by the crime scene that morning before news broke.  I'll never regret becoming an obsessed Bills fan. But I will regret seeing what a disgusting human being he turned out to be.

Same here. OJ was the reason I became a Bills fan. No disrespect to Eric Dickerson but OJ has the real rushing record. Only RB to rush for over 2,000 yards (2003 to be exact) in just 14 games.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Well, it is a Bills football website and he was the best Bills player of all time, so I don’t understand your point…

By that logic I don't ever wanna see another thread on here complaining about Tyreek Hill or Ray Rice or whoever ever again.  OJ was by far the biggest POS human being out of all of them.  A  real sociopath.  I don't care how talented he was.  The hypocrisy of football fans sure is something at times 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is this legit?

I think it probably is. 

He's posted for ~ the last year about having some unspecified form of cancer and getting chemo (last May) then getting more treatment in February.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oj-simpson-former-football-star-acquitted-murder-dies/story?id=16354000

https://nypost.com/2024/04/11/us-news/oj-simpson-dead-at-76/

From looking at other posts on it, that's his legit Twitter (or X) account

• SDS pinned this topic
1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

By that logic I don't ever wanna see another thread on here complaining about Tyreek Hill or Ray Rice or whoever ever again.  OJ was by far the biggest POS human being out of all of them.  A  real sociopath.  I don't care how talented he was.  The hypocrisy of football fans sure is something at times 

Could I point out a few differences, or are you sticking to that viewpoint no matter what?

Just now, The Jokeman said:

What motive would Jason have?

Many. I don't remember them all but he was upset she didn't attend a job of his as a chef or something for his debut iirc. And he has a rough upbringing, some jealousy, etc.

Google Jason Simpson Nicole Brown.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm pretty sure he wrote a book.

But now who will continue the search for the real killer?

His unrelenting shading of OJ eventually got Norm fired from SNL.

Man o man, Norm was a Legend.  I miss him greatly. 

🥂

• Like (+1) 4

Did you know him? Why does a man hold this much power over you besides your clear weak-mindedness?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

I've heard of that DNA theory, but come on.  We won't re-litigate this here.  It should have been an open and shut case.

Edited by birdo67

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

I watched the 8 Hour 30 for 30 series on him that opened up more than enough of his personal life to see what kind of human being is.  A documentary which featured many of his real life close friends stopped talking to him in real life.  Your delusional to defend this guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsPride12 said:

I watched the 8 Hour 30 for 30 series on him that opened up more than enough of his personal life to see what kind of human being is.  A documentary which featured many of his real life close friends stopped talking to him in real life.  Your delusional to defend this guy. 

So, of all the things to hold an emotion over you choose to keep a special place in your heart for OJ Simpson?  Weak.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boyst said:

I’m surprised this never got more interest. It’s also one of the reasons I try hard not to judge others. What the hell do I know? We will all be judged, in time. 

His family is grieving, I won’t be piling on. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Is it a Bills football website, or not?  Simpson was found not guilty of murder, just like Tyreek Hill was never convicted of domestic abuse or whatever it is that people here constantly smear him with.  I don’t see the hypocrisy you’re talking about.

1 minute ago, birdo67 said:

I've heard of that DNA theory, but come on.  We won't re-litigate this here.  It should have been an open and shut case.

It wasn't. He was found innocent. He is now dead.

There are interesting things to say about the man but judgement has been cast upon him by someone/something/somehow more than we can/did.

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

for me his football ability is separate from his off the field life. I'm acknowledging That prowess and what many of us saw back in the day.

Upon his passing away it would be weird not to bring it up on a Bills message board. 

I can understand your post and others who admit they have conflicted feelings over the situation and especially those who grew up as OJ as their hero.  That is a complicated position to be in.  My original post was directed at those who are only celebrating or mourning OJ in their post. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ChattanoogaBills said:

So sorry to hear... Proven innocent in the court of law... but people with no real clue will judge 

Rip OJ... My condolences to his family.

Found not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal court.

Found liable in civil court.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Like many I grew up loving OJ for his ties with the Bills and was shocked by the unfortunate events that lead to the loss of Nicole and Ron but after to evidence was presented he was guilty in my mind.  I became upset that a hero had fallen. I then got more angered when a jury seemingly let a guilty man free. Yet have no ill will to OJ for the verdict which some want to hold onto.

I can separate the athlete from the person and thank OJ for what he did on the field but never forgive him for what happened afterwards.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

So sorry to hear... Proven innocent in the court of law... but people with no real clue will judge 

Rip OJ... My condolences to his family.

Yep…like it or not, that’s our system.