UPDATE: SIGNED Bills looking at bringing back Trubisky per Tim Graham

• Roundybout changed the title to UPDATE: SIGNED Bills looking at bringing back Trubisky per Tim Graham

QB2 isn't gonna win us a championship, if JA17 goes down so do our chances of winning it.

That said, providing its a low end deal, he can come in and manage a game or two in a pinch. I don't hate this, and drafting someone here, now that won't get an opportunity to grow doesn't make a ton of sense. We need to use those picks elsewhere and keep/play them. This makes sense.

Edited by babulator

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Can Mitch be 3rd with Tyrod Taylor as backup? Please?!

His time in Pitt was rough. But, he’s a clear upgrade from Kyle Allen

We don't keep 3 on the active roster. Mitch is the most we've done at Backup since... well, Mitch.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Trubisky is terrible and lucky to still be in the league at this point.  

This would be money wasted.  

Did you prefer Kyle Allen? Backups suck. That's why they're Backups. There isn't even 32 good Starters in the league.

Good Backups go to teams to be Bridge QB's or to teams that have a questionable starter, whether it be performance or injury issues. And they're paid well too.

None of those things apply here. Our Backup is always going to be a Mitch, Keenum, Barkley, Kyle Allen type.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Did you prefer Kyle Allen? Backups suck. That's why they're Backups. There isn't even 32 good Starters in the league.

Good Backups go to teams to be Bridge QB's or to teams that have anl questionable starter or at least one that has injury issues. And they're paid well too.

None of those things apply here. Our Backup is always going to be a Mitch, Keenum, Barkley, Kyle Allen type.

I'll take a Keenum any day over a Trubisky.  

Why not try to get better at the position?  Maybe you hit on a Brock Purdy late in the draft or some other mobile QB.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

How many backup QB's is that not true of?

Tyrod, Minshew and Wentz are out there.  All are much better options than Trubisky - unless Beane feels the price would be too high.  

• Disagree 1

One of the most surprising moves of the day IMO…( maybe except for Morse cut)..

I said when this idea was discussed last month, that another team would pay him more money than the Bills would to be their backup ..

Hope they aren’t paying him too much more than the minimum

Edited by Aussie Joe

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

I'll take a Keenum any day over a Trubisky.  

Why not try to get better at the position?  Maybe you hit on a Brock Purdy late in the draft or some other mobile QB.

Do they come with their own 49ers O-line, weapons and system included? because sign me up. Purdy was better than the system QB label he keeps getting stuck with as he's played as well as he has but the idea he'd just fit here is a little over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

I really hope not.  Draft a guy.  At least then there is hope he could be something.  Trubisky is a known entity at this point.  If the Bills needed to start him they wont be competitive why waste cap space and a roster spot on a guy like that?

This is a guy that couldnt beat out kenny pickett or mason rudolph.

Draft a guy and hope he - what?

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gross.   He stinks.   Please don't let there be any guarantees.

And LOL at @Billl:lol:

Likely a low deal...I think Pit still owes him guaranteed money don't they? Bills probably offsetting  some of that.