UPDATE: SIGNED Bills looking at bringing back Trubisky per Tim Graham

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s better than Kyle Allen. If Josh misses a month, Mitch could win 2-3 games. Good enough for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hope not. They'll be tempted to cut Josh for the cap room. :P

• Haha (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'll take a Keenum any day over a Trubisky.  

Why not try to get better at the position?  Maybe you hit on a Brock Purdy late in the draft or some other mobile QB.

Tyrod, Minshew and Wentz are out there.  All are much better options than Trubisky - unless Beane feels the price would be too high.  

Wentz?? Lost me on that one.  And even the others are debatable to some level.  Maybe Minshew I'd agree with, but how much did he want? 

Many of these guys are only interested in going to openings where they have a chance to be the starter.  Giants was a great place for TT as their starting QB often got hurt and was debatable if he even should be a stater.  So good chance at some point over 17 games, Jones would get benched at some point if not hurt.  In Buffalo you know Allen is the starter as long as healthy, end of debate.  On top of that as big as he is, he's not likely to get hurt as much as say a guy like Lamar or Tua

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Draft a guy and hope he - what?

Not sure what isn't clear.  Draft a guy and hope he turns into either a high quality back up or a tradeable asset. 

Trubisky is not good imo and is a pointless addition to the roster.  I don't understand the point of him.  He can't keep the team afloat if needed to do so.  Thats the only reason to have a vet backup qb.  

2 minutes ago, section122 said:

Not sure what isn't clear.  Draft a guy and hope he turns into either a high quality back up or a tradeable asset. 

Trubisky is not good imo and is a pointless addition to the roster.  I don't understand the point of him.  He can't keep the team afloat if needed to do so.  Thats the only reason to have a vet backup qb.  

Come on. If Josh goes down, all bets are off. Of course MT isn't the answer. 

What round are you willing to draft a QB?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

MT not being the answer is exactly why i dislike this move so much.  He offers nothing.  At least a young qb has the chance to catch lightning in a bottle.  I'm in the camp of drafting a qb every couple of years late though like the packers used to do.

As for what round, it would depend on who is available and when.  Probably one of the many 6ths they have though lol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

At vet minimum. And he does the laundry after the game. Hands out the orange slices and PB&Js at halftime. Does some carpool duties. 

Bah, still an overspend.

Add emotional support animal too and it's a great deal! 😀

• Haha (+1) 1

Nice.

People often have unrealistic expectations of what a backup QB should be.

In this day and age, where teams usually only have two QBs on the 53-man roster, the whole "draft a 7th rounder and develop him behind your starter" doesn't necessarily work. It was a fine thing to do back when teams rostered three QBs. The backup was the trusty vet that could play in a pinch, the third stringer was the developmental project.

But nowadays? You need a guy that can get you through two quarters or two weeks if your QB gets banged up.

Trubisky is better than many backup QBs in the league, and also worse than a few of them. He's certainly closer to the top of the list than the bottom. Already knows our system, our coaches, our locker room, and has a friendship with Josh.

Good signing. Not everything needs to be advanced calculous. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

5th or later.  Strong Arm project

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.