UPDATE: SIGNED Bills looking at bringing back Trubisky per Tim Graham

3 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

@GunnerBillMitch is hot garbage pure trash he should get a job at waste management company! Dislike that if u want.. 

@GunnerBill 😂

Mitch Tru is pure hot garbage. I watched every game he played last yr and a ton of games in previous yrs I always hated him especially when he was coming out of North Carolina. 

If u want a QB that throws the ball at the feet of recievers on screen passes he's you're guy. If u want a QB that holds on to the ball way to long he's you're guy . I rather have a late Rd QB out there then him no doubt about it. Pure hot trash! 

• Like (+1) 1

Last yr showed that all kinds of bkups can win in this league even young guys like Jake Browning , Tommy Devito , Tyson Bagent or Bailey Zapped won games. The game has changed over the years u can draft a QB in late rds or even undrafted and win a couple games with them it doesn't have to be a 5mil dollar bkup like Trashbisky . 

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

@GunnerBill 😂

Mitch Tru is pure hot garbage. I watched every game he played last yr and a ton of games in previous yrs I always hated him especially when he was coming out of North Carolina. 

If u want a QB that throws the ball at the feet of recievers on screen passes he's you're guy. If u want a QB that holds on to the ball way to long he's you're guy . I rather have a late Rd QB out there then him no doubt about it. Pure hot trash! 

To be fair, Matt Canada was the worst coordinator in the league.  The worst designed offense in football and it was comical that they kept him on as long as they did.  Based on his film with the Bears, he's an adequate backup that should come cheap.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

To be fair, Matt Canada was the worst coordinator in the league.  The worst designed offense in football and it was comical that they kept him on as long as they did.  Based on his film with the Bears, he's an adequate backup that should come cheap.

Canada wasn't the coordinator at the end of the season and even if he was it's not his fault Trubisky is completely inaccurate of a passer throwing balls everywhere but to his Wrs and then there's the Rudolph part of the argument what's the reason he played so much better then Trubisky? We can do better otherwise it's lazy work by Beane. 

It's a safe, cheap backup.

I'm betting there is a Josh connection here:

Bean, "Josh, who helped you the most from the second chair in the QB room."

Josh Allen, "That Polish guy from North Carolina, or was he from Cheektowaga?"

Beaner, "Got it."

13 minutes ago, CSBill said:

It's a safe, cheap backup.

I'm betting there is a Josh connection here:

Bean, "Josh, who helped you the most from the second chair in the QB room."

Josh Allen, "That Polish guy from North Carolina, or was he from Cheektowaga?"

Beaner, "Got it."

Might as well sign Webb as the bkup get him out of coaching. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Matt Canada wasn't there when Trubisky played and btw why did Rudolph outplay the ever living sh!! out of him ? Rudolph saved there season running the same exact offense. Explain please and don't blame Canada because he got fired and was long gone before Trubisky the garage man played! 

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

@GunnerBillMitch is hot garbage pure trash he should get a job at waste management company! Dislike that if u want.. 

@Rochesterfan I agree Trubisky is 🤮 and 🗑️

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Last yr showed that all kinds of bkups can win in this league even young guys like Jake Browning , Tommy Devito , Tyson Bagent or Bailey Zapped won games. The game has changed over the years u can draft a QB in late rds or even undrafted and win a couple games with them it doesn't have to be a 5mil dollar bkup like Trashbisky . 

I still think we should draft a late round guy AND I really hope Trubisky isn't getting $5m. That would be an overpay. His value isn't what it was when he came here before. I think $2.5m-$3m MAX is where I'd consider it value. 

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well let's see? The league minimum for a 7 yr vet is 1.65....still would've preferred a cheaper drafted qb.

The last two non Allen QBs the Bills drafted are Jake From and Nathan Peterman, so not a great track record.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s better than Kyle Allen. If Josh misses a month, Mitch could win 2-3 games. Good enough for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

For me, it comes down to having some confidence that if Trubisky were pressed into having to start a few games that Joe Brady can put a plan in place to win a game or two with Mitch at QB.

While wins are NOT a QB stat, teams he's played on are 39-33 in games he's started. That doesn't scream "we're automatically doomed" to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

For me, it comes down to having some confidence that if Trubisky were pressed into having to start a few games that Joe Brady can put a plan in place to win a game or two with Mitch at QB.

While wins are NOT a QB stat, teams he's played on are 39-33 in games he's started. That doesn't scream "we're automatically doomed" to me. 

Well said!! That’s kind of my goal for a number 2 QB. I would have preferred Tyrod but he likely comes with a bigger number. Trubisky is fine to hold down the fort for a month. I didn’t think much of Kyle Allen. This feels like a definite upgrade and raises the floor for the team. 

Last year, the Bills entered week 18 with a chance to be the 2 seed or miss the playoffs (at least I think that was still the case going into week 18). The point being, a month where you go 1-3 vs. 2-2 can be the difference in the season ending or having a shot at the Super Bowl. When you have Josh Allen, I think backup QB is important. You can’t blow the season if he misses a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

So was Tre White. 

No he wasn’t. We get it, you don’t believe DBs matter. Don’t just make stuff up though. Mahomes was picked 10th. Tre White was picked 27. The Bills received a 3rd and an additional 1st in that trade. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said!! That’s kind of my goal for a number 2 QB. I would have preferred Tyrod but he likely comes with a bigger number. Trubisky is fine to hold down the fort for a month. I didn’t think much of Kyle Allen. This feels like a definite upgrade and raises the floor for the team. 

Last year, the Bills entered week 18 with a chance to be the 2 seed or miss the playoffs (at least I think that was still the case going into week 18). The point being, a month where you go 1-3 vs. 2-2 can be the difference in the season ending or having a shot at the Super Bowl. When you have Josh Allen, I think backup QB is important. You can’t blow the season if he misses a few weeks.

No he wasn’t. We get it, you don’t believe DBs matter. Don’t just make stuff up though. Mahomes was picked 10th. Tre White was picked 27. The Bills received a 3rd and an additional 1st in that trade. 

You are correct. My choice of words was wrong. Hey, I'm sorry.

McDermott thought that Tre was more important than Mahomes, despite the fact that the Bills were in desperate need of a quarterback. Does that sound better to you? Also, if you think that we were given adequate compensation for that trade, I suggest letting your wife do the negotiating when you shop for a new car. 

Peace.

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Why?

From watching him painfully try to play in Pittsburgh, my thought was "this guy is toast and I never want to see him on a football field again"

I would really like us to have a backup who can actually finish a game constructively or maybe even win one.

our history of taking a backup QB just makes it obvious that we would go get him.

we always go for bargain basement backup qb's who have played a while. just sort of made sense to me and was obvious without true logic.

33 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You are correct. My choice of words was wrong. Hey, I'm sorry.

McDermott thought that Tre was more important than Mahomes, despite the fact that the Bills were in desperate need of a quarterback. Does that sound better to you? Also, if you think that we were given adequate compensation for that trade, I suggest letting your wife do the negotiating when you shop for a new car. 

Peace.

No that doesn’t sound better because it still isn’t true. Being honest would sound better. He didn’t think Tre was more important than Mahomes. He thought, what many at the time thought, that the 2018 draft was THE draft to find a QB. He drafted an all-pro corner, used the extra 3rd to move up to get a WR that didn’t work out, and gained a 1st in 2018 to ensure that he would get a QB. He thought, “an all-pro corner, an extra top 100 pick and a 2018 1st to use to secure my QB is better than a toolsy raw QB prospect out of Texas Tech or a sexual predator out of Clemson.”

I know that you’re trying to use revisionist history to alter the memory of some but Watson was widely regarded as the top QB in that draft with Trubisky as his competition for that spot. Mahomes was a late riser with great skills but a style that hadn’t translated to the league at that point. But go ahead and keep making up facts and trying to pass them off as truths. 

If you wanted Mahomes, no one will begrudge you. Just don’t be disingenuous and mislead people to fit your narrative. The Bills got their QB the next year, and, with the exception of Mahomes, he is the top QB in the league. The trade worked out fine. Not for nothing, but the draft value charts that NFL teams use, show that the Bills received a premium from the Chiefs to go to that spot. Again, let’s deal in facts. This place is so much better when people are truthful.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.