Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

Until the beast is slain, it will continue to be the beast.

We wounded the beast earlier this season, but they are still very much a danger.

Guys and gals, I've been a Bills fan for DECADES, and this game is probably the worst I have felt nerves wise since Super Bowl XXVIII. I feel as if the full weight is being applied on my soul... I mean WE HAVE TO WIN THIS GAME.

I'm now just an old(er) broken down man ready for something different other than wide right, Redskins and Dallas destruction, Jaguars embarrassment, Home Run "Forward Pass" back, Flutie Flakes stomping, No Goal, Hurricanes Game 7, Jaguars embarrassment Part Deux, Chiefs I and :13 II, and the embarrassment vs. Cinci.

Please. Can we finally slay the BEAST and WIN IT ALL!??!?!

3 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Really cool video of the chip shot miss, looks even worse from this angle though, we need an automatic 3 if we're kicking.  Bass gotta get it together vs these elite teams

Did we ever find out what happened with this kick?   I can forgive the guy for slipping with his plant foot or something.  But if the snap, hold and footing were all good… then this shank is beyond worrisome.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Did we ever find out what happened with this kick?   I can forgive the guy for slipping with his plant foot or something.  But if the snap, hold and footing were all good… then this shank is beyond worrisome.

It all looked good to me.

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I was basically down the line from that kick. That ball was only about 6 feet off the ground when it crossed the line of scrimmage. It just wasn’t blocked because it was so wildly off centerline and there was no one there ready to reach a hand up. 

Bass has had a truly horrible season and I pray we get a new one next year. I also pray Bass doesn’t lose us a game 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, chongli said:

Von and Coach are really smart people. Anyone think that maybe they were saving Von for this part of the playoffs and that his injury recovery was all for show? He could be a game changer when healthy. 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I dont see it happening unless von really steps up but getting some pressure up the middle would make all the difference in the world.

that was one thing that the bucs and cinci were able to do was get pressure and harrass mahomes and he looked like a totally different qb.

go to work spreading out the chiefs D  and try to get them worn down for the 2nd half.    

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, chongli said:

I think the ex factor for the Bills is the Bills TEs. They’re going to take away Diggs with Sneed and a safety. Cook went off on them in the pass game last time. Knox and Kincaid are both the X Factors to me 

• Like (+1) 5

52 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

and that his injury recovery was all for show

That’s a crazy take. 
Hope Von is better today and he is back—it would be very helpful on a depleted D. But no way he’s been holding back. That’s tin foil hat level conspiracy. Glad to hear he’s “good” now 

Edited by Since1981

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Agreed, I have no clue 🤷‍♂️, this has been happening way too often, Bass was a weapon/x factor since a rookie and turned into a liability the last couple months 

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Von and Coach are really smart people. Anyone think that maybe they were saving Von for this part of the playoffs and that his injury recovery was all for show? He could be a game changer when healthy. 

Was thinking that the last few games, he was very limited and inactive,  man that'd be a huge boost if that's the case and he's fully back, Monday was by far his best game of the year

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2024 at 2:16 AM, bobobonators said:

I blocked  him early in the season because the guy, week in week out, was constantly negative on the bills complaining about everything. I figured he was a fraud just here to stir the pot. 

Can the mods permanently ban this dude’s account/IP? I’m sure his behavior is violating something in the site’s conduct standards. He’s clearly a fraud. Second best, everyone should just block him, and he’ll

be talking to himself. 

Just saw this.

There is open registration on this site.  You don't need to be referred, you don't need to be approved.  Anyone with an email address can register.  That's both a blessing, and a curse.

So for the Mods, it can be a bit of a whack-a-mole game to ban an account.  Some folks will just go out and create a new account (or 3, or 7), which will draw responses.  In particular, the dirty beastly one showed this pattern on the old Buffalo Bills message boards.  Lop off one head, and half-a-dozen grew.

It helps that starting new threads is restricted for new accounts, but there's something to be said that when a poster is well-known as a negative nancy or troll under a specific screen name, but is otherwise not being malicious or disruptive (not attacking people or posting inappropriate crap), Leave them Be.

Most members know what they are and just shrug and refuse to engage (or already have him blocked) vs. a bunch of new screen names popping up that would take time to be recognized as more of the Same Ol Same Ol.

Just thoughts.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just saw this.

There is open registration on this site.  You don't need to be referred, you don't need to be approved.  Anyone with an email address can register.  That's both a blessing, and a curse.

So for the Mods, it can be a bit of a whack-a-mole game to ban an account.  Some folks will just go out and create a new account (or 3, or 7), which will draw responses.  In particular, the dirty beastly one showed this pattern on the old Buffalo Bills message boards.  Lop off one head, and half-a-dozen grew.

It helps that starting new threads is restricted for new accounts, but there's something to be said that when a poster is well-known as a negative nancy or troll under a specific screen name, but is otherwise not being malicious or disruptive (not attacking people or posting inappropriate crap), Leave them Be.

Most members know what they are and just shrug and refuse to engage (or already have him blocked) vs. a bunch of new screen names popping up that would take time to be recognized as more of the Same Ol Same Ol.

Just thoughts.

Yes! Don't feed the trolls people 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that point of view and lots of what you say is valid. 

I'm not a huge fan of McD but it's hard not to rally behind him at this point. 

I still have my doubts he can lead the team to a Lombardi. That's just me though. A loss on Sunday certainly wouldn't give me any reinforcement that McD is the guy 

I think what's slightly being lost here is why was the team 6-6 and in that position? Should they ever have been in that position? Blame has to be placed on the head coach. 

Bottom line is McD dug himself out of the hole he dug. It's certainly a gave and take he. 

This team has been in this very position for years now. It's not to minimize the accomplishments. Accolades are in order. However, this team led by Allen has to progress further. No excuses no satisfaction, no no no.

A loss on Sunday changes a lot. Questions about McD will and should be asked and addressed. Think Tomlin or McCarthy. 

The team was 6-6 due to a pathetic offensive coordinator and  significant defensive injuries.

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I can’t watch even a second of that game. 

I knew it as soon as that game ended. And it bummed me out, because that game is an incredible classic, and features my favorite QB playing probably his best game.

But like you said - I can't watch a second.  If they start showing even a small highlight, I change the channel as quickly as possible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I've watched 20 times.  The greatness of Allen is unmatched.  It was the worst 13 seconds of coaching in the history of the league. 

TBH that was the game I knew Allen had finally arrived. 

Best game I've ever seen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

The team was 6-6 due to a pathetic offensive coordinator and  significant defensive injuries.

Partly true. They lost games they should have never lost. It was also head coaching and defense as well. 

We all watched the games. McD's D was unable to stop offenses when it counted. No need to call out the games. An off sides call gifted the Broncos a win. 

To alleviate McD of blame is preposterous. To boot, he gave his blessings to Dorsey. He handed him the keys. 

To his credit, the team went on a big winning streak when it counted. The McD D has been able to close out games. He did change OCs. 

In summary, this season is mixed bag of very good and very bad with McD. However, it's very hard to complain about an 11-6 record and a 2 seed with an AFC East title. 

Thus far, McD has a nice playoff win under his belt. It's not uncommon for his team led by Allen to win. That's a lot better than Tomlin or McCarthy at this point. McD has been able to win in these exact scenarios. 

The real nemesis is the next round. Often, his team gets out coached and out planned by the opposition. Bengals and KC are stand outs here. 

Fast forward to Sunday. The Bills play who? KC the defending champs with the best QB in the NFL and a hall of fame coach. It's hard to not to get 13 second flashbacks. If there's ever a time for the Bills to succeed and get the monkey off it's back it's Sunday at Highmark Stadium. 

A loss would be very painful and somewhat demoralizing. 

A win would be euphoric and feel like maybe this is the year. 

I'm very nervous yet excited about the game. 

LFG Bills!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

All I know is if Josh Allen would’ve acted the way that Patrick Mahomes did after that last game I would be ashamed as a bills fan

All I know is I'm getting to the point I can't sleep

4:00 a.m. and I'm practically giddy

I have a good feeling

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Anyone else terrified at the prospect of our linebackers and TJ being out?  I think the Chiefs will able able to run and control the middle of the field at will.  Happy to be wrong, but that's a lot of injuries to key areas.  

Also, with the way Rice is paying and Douglas on Kelce, I worry about our ability to cover receivers.  I don't like the idea of us having to win a shootout.  

I really hope our line can cause enough pressure to disrupt the passing game, but we all know Mahomes is capable of great plays on the run.

I really don't want to be 0-3 against this team in the playoffs

Terrified? No. But that certainly is my biggest concern. We cannot let Kelce go off, and being weak and slow in the middle is not a good thing.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

I've watched 20 times.  The greatness of Allen is unmatched.  It was the worst 13 seconds of coaching in the history of the league. 

TBH that was the game I knew Allen had finally arrived. 

Best game I've ever seen. 

Season 2 Ball GIF by Leroy PattersonThat's basically what it would look like^ if I were to watch that game again lol.

i don't know how some of you guys can stomach it

• Haha (+1) 2

In case it weren't obvious, I'm a KC fan. I'm not here to troll anybody though. I honestly feel a little badly about the way some Bills fans have been treated at Chiefs Planet. But at the same time, it's just internet banter. Can't take it too seriously. Most of these people are guys you'd probably have fun drinking a beer with if everybody set their silly sports differences aside. 

One thing you have to understand about the KC fanbase is that half of it doesn't even like the other half. Those on the KS side of the border tend to be more refined, classier and easier to get along with. Some on the Missouri side can be abrasive and crude. The KU and Mizzou fanbases despise each other as much as any rivals from any sport, which makes it interesting when they come together at Chiefs games. But it's a rivalry that goes beyond sports. Kansans and Missourians have hated each other since William Quantrill's guerrillas burned down Lawrence (where I live) during the Civil War. 

I have no predictions for this game. I think both teams are too unpredictable to know how this will play out. I do think that both QBs will likely play well though. Allen's usually at his best against the Chiefs, and Mahomes has a different level of focus in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Let me try to explain this to you since you can't do simple math. The Bills rushed for 2212 yards.

James Cook had 1122 that is just a little bit over half since you are poor in math

Josh had 524

The rest of the team had 566 combined.

Maybe you are the one that doesn't know football and aren't watching the games. 

The Bills do not in anyway call for QB runs the way they used to in the past. When there's nothing there Josh takes off like he did vs the Steelers for 52 yards. He obviously had to do the QB sneaks because he's the QB 

So basically 75-80% of the rushing yards did not come from Josh Allen.

This still doesn't change the fact you said a running QB never won the Superbowl and were WRONG because Steve Young,  Elway did run.

That being said I think we will uncork some in this game. 

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never watched a replay of that game after it was over. I can't stomach the anger and pain. I believe it's part of the reason why I'm not a McD fan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Virgil said:

Anyone else terrified at the prospect of our linebackers and TJ being out?  I think the Chiefs will able able to run and control the middle of the field at will.  Happy to be wrong, but that's a lot of injuries to key areas.  

Also, with the way Rice is paying and Douglas on Kelce, I worry about our ability to cover receivers.  I don't like the idea of us having to win a shootout.  

I really hope our line can cause enough pressure to disrupt the passing game, but we all know Mahomes is capable of great plays on the run.

I really don't want to be 0-3 against this team in the playoffs

I wasn't until the last injury report. Hearing the rumors from HappyDays is seemed like Dodson and Spector should be good to go, with Spector likely with a pain management issue. But Dodson is limited and Spector still hasn't practiced.

TJ should come back. He didn't seem that broken up in game, and he almost immediately was available for practice and in team drills. But you never know until the final call comes. It is (in theory) in the hands of independent neurologists. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.