Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

33 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the rookie has had 6 games played under his belt since the last meeting, 64 has held his own.

You can spin it however you like. Nevertheless, it's a huge mismatch for the Bills. That's just reality. 

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

Cold weather running isnt cooks bag.... next warm weather game might be the superbowl. 

Why not?  18 carries for 79 yards was not bad against PIT.

and that monster game against DAL was 12/17

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One thing I find curious is that I’ve posted in a couple different threads how Mahomes has never faced the sort of environment he’s coming into Sunday…never.  Every playoff game at home.  Super Bowls at a neutral site.  It’s as if the naysayers completely disregard the impact this could have on the KC offense and their ability to communicate.  And they don’t have an explosive offense.

If none of the injured guys on D are able to play it could be a close game but the Bills will win.  If two or three of them are back, it’s a 10 point win.  Book it.

Happy to eat crow if I’m wrong (but I won’t be).

Go Bills!!!  15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Anyone else terrified at the prospect of our linebackers and TJ being out?  I think the Chiefs will able able to run and control the middle of the field at will.  Happy to be wrong, but that's a lot of injuries to key areas.  

Also, with the way Rice is paying and Douglas on Kelce, I worry about our ability to cover receivers.  I don't like the idea of us having to win a shootout.  

I really hope our line can cause enough pressure to disrupt the passing game, but we all know Mahomes is capable of great plays on the run.

I really don't want to be 0-3 against this team in the playoffs

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

One thing I find curious is that I’ve posted in a couple different threads how Mahomes has never faced the sort of environment he’s coming into Sunday…never.  Every playoff game at home.  Super Bowls at a neutral site.  It’s as if the naysayers completely disregard the impact this could have on the KC offense and their ability to communicate.  And they don’t have an explosive offense.

If none of the injured guys on D are able to play it could be a close game but the Bills will win.  If two or three of them are back, it’s a 10 point win.  Book it.

The best home record in the NFL since the AFL NFL merger... Minimum 10 home games

Is the Buffalo Bills

It's always loud for even regular season games... But Patrick mahomes has never walked into an environment like he is going to on Sunday in the NFL

This will be the vintage 12th man that put buffalo on the map

The impact that we can have on their offense can be and will be massive

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone else terrified at the prospect of our linebackers and TJ being out?  I think the Chiefs will able able to run and control the middle of the field at will.  Happy to be wrong, but that's a lot of injuries to key areas.  

Also, with the way Rice is paying and Douglas on Kelce, I worry about our ability to cover receivers.  I don't like the idea of us having to win a shootout.  

I really hope our line can cause enough pressure to disrupt the passing game, but we all know Mahomes is capable of great plays on the run.

I really don't want to be 0-3 against this team in the playoffs

The only guy I am worried about missing is TJ, And hopefully he will play.

But have some confidence in McD!

The guy has proven to be a defensive genius this year, especially with the injuries he has been dealt. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, eball said:

My logical side completely agrees with you. We are clearly the better team this season, and SHOULD win convincingly. 

However, it’s the Chiefs, and until we beat them once in the playoffs, I will always be nervous.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Logic said:

With only one more day to get on the field and still being full DNPs...

I'm not confident that Bernard, Benford, Rapp, or Davis will be playing this week.

Besides Bernard (to me he is the most essential of this lineup), if you could get one of the other three back, who would you want? 

I’m debating with myself over Benford or Rapp ????

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I hope the bills plan to involve cook and Kincaid all game long this time against KC

In the regular season they targeted them and kept them involved in the first half then I don't know if either got a target in the second half 

Kincaid needs to be featured. He's a big play receiver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

You can spin it however you like. Nevertheless, it's a huge mismatch for the Bills. That's just reality. 

Since Brady took over as OC, the Bills are one of the top rushing offenses in the league.  Averaging over 150 yards per game which includes the game against the Chiefs.

11 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

My prediction is

TJ , Douglas and Dodson will be gtg. 

Maybe Benford and Martin. 

Other guys out. 

My prediction is

TJ , Douglas and Dodson will be gtg. 

Maybe Benford and Martin. 

Other guys out. 

Gotta get the papers, get the papers…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

let me try to explain this as you seem to have a hard time reading between any lines, i assume being here you would know something about football, my mistake.  The designed runs will increase as every game forward is an elimination game.  The team is on Allens back.  If Cook was such a dominant runner that wouldnt happen.  If you want to try and unload some pressure from the qb then maybe give the ball to Johnson, but experimenting now is a little late in the season.  Its the same theme year after year, and that is rely on Josh Allen until he wears out.  

Let me try to explain this to you since you can't do simple math. The Bills rushed for 2212 yards.

James Cook had 1122 that is just a little bit over half since you are poor in math

Josh had 524

The rest of the team had 566 combined.

Maybe you are the one that doesn't know football and aren't watching the games. 

The Bills do not in anyway call for QB runs the way they used to in the past. When there's nothing there Josh takes off like he did vs the Steelers for 52 yards. He obviously had to do the QB sneaks because he's the QB 

So basically 75-80% of the rushing yards did not come from Josh Allen.

This still doesn't change the fact you said a running QB never won the Superbowl and were WRONG because Steve Young,  Elway did run.

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 1/17/2024 at 5:35 PM, Dr.Sack said:

This probably will be a game where the roles reverse and KC will lose 4 players in the 1st Qtr. (Sneed, Bolton, Pacheco, Rice). 

I'd settle for 3 players please (Rat, Meathead, and Pacheco).

10 minutes ago, Rico said:

I'd settle for 3 players please (Rat, Meathead, and Pacheco).

If you're going to play that game, Chris Jones better be second on your list.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Hope we can do better with Chris Jones this time. Was watching a little bit of the replay of Bills-KC and noticed Jones lined up against the rookie Torrence quite a bit. So Jones took advantage of that and had a pretty big game.

Torrence has had a good rookie year overall. Definitely struggled as of late IMO, especially in pass pro. He’s faced some beasts this year (Chris Jones, Q Williams, C Wilkins, F Cox, J Davis, etc). Lots to like about his game. 

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

the rookie has had 6 games played under his belt since the last meeting, 64 has held his own.

He’s been okay down the stretch. 

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

He actually hasn't. Whether you are a fan of PFF or not Torrance has been graded out among the worst starting guards in the NFL this year and has definitely looked like a major liability as the season has went on.

I also felt that for as much praise this oline has played this year, they were terrible against the Chiefs the first time and haven't looked stellar overall down the stretch sans the Cowboys game....but we all know how misleading that was in hindsight considering what happened to the Cowboys in the playoffs.

Does this mean they can't come out and dominate the line of scrimmage against the Chiefs? No...but to say they have their work cut out for them will be an understatement.

PFF aside, he has struggled at times lately. 

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

He's definitely struggling as of late.  I'm very concerned about our line overall.  

My biggest concern with the OLis their ability to recognize and quickly pick up the exotic pressures/blitz spags will bring. Torrence/Brown really struggled early on in the season picking up twists but they have seen to be better lately. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Dawkins and Brown are great.  Did Torrance hit a rookie wall?  He played well most of season, but has been a liability lately.  Morse is solid  Im not sure why the line struggles at times

I think Torrence is fine. As I mentioned above, he’s had his struggles at times. Personally I still think this is the best line Josh Allen has ever had. The issue with offensive line play is that they must work in concert. One player can completely blow an entire play from a missed assignment. You can have really good players, and if they mess up on 1 play, that’s 5 plays across the line that are dangerous to Allen. It’s more about when/how those missed assignments happen that makes it so impactful or meaningless.

To some degree I think that’s why we see Brady bringing in extra bodies into the box. On certain downs/distances/plays he values protection more than extra route runners. They want to get it right up front, so they can take their shot. Delegating more bodies this week to pass pro is not the answer IMO. I’d rather see more spread vs this team and use alignment and formation to help weed out pressure looks or blitzers. Spreading the field horizontally using formation and play selection really can control how a defense can try and confuse you up front.

That being said, when they do bring the exotic looks and extra rushers, I’d rather not have the extra guy in. I want them in a hot route, giving Allen a quick access to get the ball out. 

Its such a chess game and fun to think about, but at the end of the day, we can only guess what or how the defense will try to create havoc for our offense and how we might try to counter it. 

All in all, Brady loves his condensed formations, tight bunches and variable personnel groupings. I don’t anticipate it, but I would be very curious to see what a no huddle with 12 personnel (Diggs/Shakir/Kincaid/Knox/Cook). 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Romo says it will be a close game and he is usually right. Now i am really stressed. 

They won 20-17 this year. 24-20

last year.

the line is 3

nothing earth shattering here. He’s not some sage wizard predicting the future 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Besides Bernard (to me he is the most essential of this lineup), if you could get one of the other three back, who would you want? 

I’m debating with myself over Benford or Rapp ????

I’d want Rapp back. Elam would be 3rd CB. If no Rapp either Damar or Cam are the third Safety. That’s not good

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Really? I'm not disagreeing or agreeing,  it's just an interesting statement,  maybe you're right

I should have added during the week of the biggest game of the season. Maybe the biggest in a few years. But good to see the guys are loose.

On another note I saw a show with Julian Edelman. He said part of the Belichek mystique is he had the Patriots so tight and over preprared. He would quiz players in the hallways about their assignments the week of playoff games. And guys were scared to make a mistake and get anything wrong.  They’d go into the games tight and nervous. So maybe there is no right or wrong approach.

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Romo says it will be a close game and he is usually right. Now i am really stressed. 

1 hour ago, balln said:

They won 20-17 this year. 24-20

last year.

the line is 3

nothing earth shattering here. He’s not some sage wizard predicting the future 

Would anyone really be surprised if this turned out to be a close game?

Both teams are very good on defense. I do not see this game turning into a shootout.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.