1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Wow.

Doesn’t include this no other sites or private.

Not surprising .. bad weather, reschedule, low star power opponent. Also a guaranteed home game next week vs KC if they win . Definitely won’t be a full stadium 

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

It doesn't feel like a game day at all Imo. We've had many games on mnf over the last few years but a 430 pm kickoff feels strange on a Monday. Hopefully the players arnt half asleep 

Hey, circadian rhythms are a real thing.( when you FEEL most tired)..the largest circadian low is overnight, but there is a secondary one about 4pm..different people respond to it in different ways.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm oddly calm today.

Once we weren't playing in a blizzard anymore I feel much better - we are the better team and passing is actually an option now

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I’m confident, and expecting a win. There’s no other way to be. 

Watching the games this weekend, this is the best chance the Bills have had in years. I think they know that every team is beatable, and that they have the best player in the game right now, in Josh Allen. 

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Hey, circadian rhythms are a real thing.( when you FEEL most tired)..the largest circadian low is overnight, but there is a secondary one about 4pm..different people respond to it in different ways.

Well luckily the guys on the other team are human beings also, so they'll need to deal with it too. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boater said:

Probably, hiring over 200 people makes the Bills organization subject to some obscure labor law that they are trying to avoid.

The lawyers are everywhere.  Sad!  Even if they aren't we suspect they are.

• Like (+1) 2

This digging out the stadium snow situation happens every couple years, and they still don’t have a solution for it.

Seems to me if they wanted to spend some money on labor ahead of time (like in the form of a contract with a company for snow removal) they could have it actually dug out in time.

Hopefully the new stadium has some sort of design for more expedient removal.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Ha, I used to have 2 season tickets in this spot.

I mean... where do they think the snow from seats/aisle's is going to go? I get that they can only do what they can do if no one shows up to work but it's going to go somewhere.  Back in the walkways... on the field. It's going somewhere.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

This digging out the stadium snow situation happens every couple years, and they still don’t have a solution for it.

Seems to me if they wanted to spend some money on labor ahead of time (like in the form of a contract with a company for snow removal) they could have it actually dug out in time.

Hopefully the new stadium has some sort of design for more expedient removal.

Not sure what the plans for the new stadium are, but in the absence of a dome they should at least install a heating element under the seats. This would allow fans to remain slightly more comfortable in cold weather and melt the snow away when this happens. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If you tell Bills fans they can go in early if they are willing to clean the seats they will be overwhelmed with volunteers 

One free beer per seat cleared.  It would be cleared in 10 minutes ha

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure what the plans for the new stadium are, but in the absence of a dome they should at least install a heating element under the seats. This would allow fans to remain slightly more comfortable in cold weather and melt the snow away when this happens. 

We had heating elements in seats in the Jim Kelly Club.

Didnt last long.

When they did work, the heat was minimal. And then they stopped working altogether.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Agree, but Terry is cheap, so....don't think that'll be happening.

Tarping off seats this time of year feels like the best solution. That way you can get most of the lower bowl onto the field with a lot less effort than a random dude with a shovel. 

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

75%? I’d say more like 35%.

Even 35 feels generous. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.