This fan base, sometime, is very concerning

I think a part of it is a natural letdown from Miami.

Going 5-0 down the stretch, climbing out of the hole, catching and passing Miami.

Now you have to reset and climb another mountain.

Also, the thing that is gnawing at me is the injuries. The Bills had a clean injury report going into Miami. They were the opening day Bills minus Milano (Douglas replaces Tre White). 

Now they have a ripped shoulder, two knee ligament strains and a concussion. 

Now, I think we should still beat the Steelers, but Kansas City after that is looming and I’m hoping that Douglas and Davis could be back for that game, because Sherfield as your #2 is going to catch up with you eventually. 

And eventually Douglas not being there will be felt. 

I also worry about this coaching staff playing Von Miller because of who he was instead of putting better players on the field - Kingsley Jonathan & Linval Joseph. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

We lost to the Jets and Patriots, who are two of the absolute worst teams in the NFL.  We also lost to the Jaguars, Bengals and Broncos, none of whom managed to make the playoffs over this very Steelers team.  The awful Giants took us to the final wire.  And with literally everything on the line only a couple weeks ago, the Chargers and Patriots (again) did the same thing.

Yes.  This team has the potential to be great.  This team has the potential to go all the way.  But this team has also shown that it cannot get out of its own way with sloppy and undisciplined football.

Will that change now that we've reset and the postseason begins?  We feel on top of the world after the Dolphins game, and I'd like to think so.  However, recent history has proven the 2023 Buffalo Bills simply can't make things easy for themselves.  And that's why many fans are nervous.

• Like (+1) 1

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

No, if we can't beat some no name QB named mason it doesn't matter we are not winning a Superbowl we have a superstar QB now it time to start playing like he is fully capable.  we have seen it before in the playoffs.  any of us worrying about the steelers is just dumb, it not going to change anything and to be honest they are just not that good... I know any given Sunday. 

Our online fan base is kind of toxic. You'll enjoy the games better if you keep the fans at arms length, or at least be very selective in who you choose to pay attention to.

• Agree 1

Preseason stats.. bills out gain the steelers. 339- 265.   Barkley threw 3 int.. Allen was 7-10 for 67  bills had 13 pen steels has 4.  and we lost by 12 points...  

id say we are fine...   

Edited by gordong

The mediocre Steelers plays at Kansas City in last years Wild Card.  The Steelers actually led 7-0 in the 2nd Qtr after a TJ Watt fumble return TD.  But then Kansas City scored 35 straight points spanning mid-2nd Qtr through mid-3rd Qtr.   That is how you do it as a big favorite.  You bury them on Offense, Defense and Special Teams.   

What point of this season did you check out at ? I'm glad the Bills are where they are at but they are lucky to be there in some ways . Sure they played well enough to beat 5 good teams in a row but there are a lot of teams they should have beat along the way that they didn't .

Then there is the saying which is very true "Any given Sunday" you can receive a a** whooping on those days during the season by a bad team so until Josh is on the podium holding the Lombardi in his hands with his team mates around him yah i'll be worrying about the team getting there and who they are playing .

3 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

When you look at the quality of competition we managed to lose to throughout the course of this season, yes my nerves are 100% justified. 

Zach Wilson led Jets beat us.

Mac Jones led Pats beat us. 

Broncos that gave up 70 to the fish beat us.

I'd be willing to say without double checking... most of our losses came to subpar or non playoff teams. Some downright sad. 

Eagles lost to Jets and Cardinals. Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, Chiefs lost to Broncos and Raiders, Browns lost to a Burrow-less Bengals, and the list goes on. All top teams. Welcome to the NFL where it’s any given Sunday 

Definitely not in panic mode, but i’m also not taking the Steelers lightly. They’ve been playing well over the past 3 games.

I was shocked at how confident their fans are on their forum. They absolutely expect to beat us.

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

We're 0-4 in road playoff games. 

Of the four playoff games we've won, three are Wild-Card games, all four home games.  

Of those three games, two were against marginal playoff teams to begin with, all three at home.  10-7 New England with Mac Jones, Damien Harris, and Jakobi Meyers as their three top skill-position players, and 9-8 Miami with Skylar Thompson playing QB and JAG Jeff Wilson as a RB.  The other was against Indy, which outplayed us here at home with Rivers at QB and the rookie WR Pittman as their only decent WR.  

Miami was the 7th Seed, New England the 6th Seed, and Indy also the 7th Seed.  

The only solid playoff game we've played has been against Baltimore a week after that Indy game where we won 17-3, but where Baltimore, apart from Jackson and Andrews (TE) featured a bunch of mediocre all but JAG skill position players.  

The Ravens were the 5th Seed.  

To date we've never beaten a 1st thru 4th Seeded team.  

We have our work cut out for us this playoffs.  We're all hoping for a Super Bowl run, but our playoff history is somewhat sordid.  

Beating Pitt at home and the winner of the the KC/Miami game also at home are musts for this playoffs to be a success for us, at minimum.  Then if Baltimore gets upset, so would be a home game AFC CG win.  

Meh....have fun hiding in your closet. Bills at the final table and have the second biggest pile of chips. Maybe they get all the cards for the next 4 hands and win easily...maybe they don't. You assemble a team and play the season to put as many odds as you can in your favor...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

How long have you been a Bills Fan? I mean, do you really need an explanation? 

Post more often. You will get along well with the fan blamers and fan haters. One is already relating to you quite well in this thread.

Lol, fan blamers / fan haters, lol those optimistic fans really do suck, hate it when folk see the positive…, 

GO BILLS!!!

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Preseason count zero to me. 

Since 1989 is enough time ? 

....so since 1989?...you've experienced 4 straight SB loses...Music City Forward Lateral....13 Seconds and you still ask why Bills fans are always concerned?....now that's concerning!

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

I think what the OP is noting is the contrast between Bills fans and Steelers fans levels of confidence in online posts. Steelers fans are absolutely sure that they are winning it all, all due to beating the Bengals (in the game when Browning turned back into a pumpkin), Seahawks, and the Ravens backups. Somebody had to win the 7th seed in the AFC and they backed into it due to an epic collapse by the Jags. Meanwhile, Bills fans are actively searching for every potential way that their team could lose the game despite a five-game winning streak with wins over the Chiefs, Cowboys, and Dolphins.  Do you know that the Steelers give up more yards per game on the ground than the Bills (or Cowboys) do? Do you know that Najee Harris” only two 100-yard games came against the second-worst run defense and the Ravens third-stringers?  You know, if the Jags and Colts had won the Bills would be facing the Colts and JT in a snow game. Would that make people feel better?

I get it. We are just guarding ourselves from potential disappointment. What I don’t get is the chest thumping from Pittsburgh. 

Straight on my point. 

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

We lost to the Jets and Patriots, who are two of the absolute worst teams in the NFL.  We also lost to the Jaguars, Bengals and Broncos, none of whom managed to make the playoffs over this very Steelers team.  The awful Giants took us to the final wire.  And with literally everything on the line only a couple weeks ago, the Chargers and Patriots (again) did the same thing.

Yes.  This team has the potential to be great.  This team has the potential to go all the way.  But this team has also shown that it cannot get out of its own way with sloppy and undisciplined football.

Will that change now that we've reset and the postseason begins?  We feel on top of the world after the Dolphins game, and I'd like to think so.  However, recent history has proven the 2023 Buffalo Bills simply can't make things easy for themselves.  And that's why many fans are nervous.

You remember that all of those losses come when Dorsey was the OC right ? I know that our offense isn’t yet brilliant, but man, night and day difference with the Ken Dorsey one. 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

No, if we can't beat some no name QB named mason it doesn't matter we are not winning a Superbowl we have a superstar QB now it time to start playing like he is fully capable.  we have seen it before in the playoffs.  any of us worrying about the steelers is just dumb, it not going to change anything and to be honest they are just not that good... I know any given Sunday. 

Finally somebody come here with some good attitude. 

Much of my outlook for this team changed AFTER the game on Sunday night, when I saw/heard Diggs and Josh say “four more” to each other as they hugged on the field. It was at that point that I finally felt that the players themselves understand the opportunity ahead of them. Until then these guys quite frankly looked like a group that was often just going through the motions of yet another season. 

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

I think all of us know that this team is absolutely capable of winning the Super Bowl.. and given the fact the Lamar-led Ravens haven't proved anything in the Playoffs during his career, maybe we should be the favorite... to rep the AFC, at least. 

The worry comes into play given two things:

-The HC has to prove it.  Taking over the Defense, and the style we now play with, is a good start..  but we've got to see it in the Playoffs.

-The high variance of Josh Allen.  Can be the best player, by far, in the entire league.. but can also keep lesser teams in the game with his recklessness.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Definitely not in panic mode, but i’m also not taking the Steelers lightly. They’ve been playing well over the past 3 games.

I was shocked at how confident their fans are on their forum. They absolutely expect to beat us.

Maybe it’s a matter of start being positive anche some cocky, don’t you think ? Other fan base always that way, we (not everybody thanks God) always pooping in our pants every single game. Stop this pls. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

If you want to look at it that way sure. Or we put a beating on the number 2 seed Cowboys, beat KC, beat the Fins twice, beat Tampa Bay and gave the Eagles everything they could handle and more. So we beat 4 playoff teams, 1 twice and lost a game against another playoff team we should have beaten. We have looked good since Brady.

Its funny my co-worker is a Cowboys fan and he asked who I liked, I told him Bills and he was like hell you guys can make the SB! I explained how everyone on here was worried about the steelers and he pretty much laughed and said Who is worried about the Steelers? They're the easiest game in the playoffs 

Edited by Gman10

23 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

....so since 1989?...you've experienced 4 straight SB loses...Music City Forward Lateral....13 Seconds and you still ask why Bills fans are always concerned?....now that's concerning!

Always on the right side my friend, I refuse to being not optimistic about our chance to win every single game after Josh Allen comes to town. 

Music City Forward Lateral: i was in a hotel room in NYC that time and if i did not destroy the tv, it was just because there was a girl with me

These fans that panic and worry are the exact same thing they complain about McD being which is funny to me.

We get to the big moment and all they do is worry and panic. This is what we waited for all year!

The fear comes from the fact that the teams are basically even.  When you throw in the Dodson, Douglas and Davis injuries this really becomes a challenge.

These teams have had almost the same seasons.  The defenses have both battled injuries and are among the best in getting takeaways.  The steelers are great at taking the ball away in the redzone.    There running game has looked better over the last few weeks while buffalo's running game has seem to lost some energy.  They are running it a lot but they are not getting those big gashers anymore.  Hines has like a 100 yards less than cook rushing and warren has come on over the last month.

The differences and advantages right now are that Buffalo is at home and buffalo has Josh Allen.  I see this game a lot like the Denver game.  Pittsburgh is going to come in here and dare allen to throw the ball down the field, they are going to sit in zone, cover 3 like they play and dare them to take shots.   Unlike Denver I think Pittsburgh can stop the run while playing zone defense on the backend.  Will they be able to for four quarters without watt, I don't know but I think they are going to make buffalo prove they can run the ball against a light front before they adjust their backend to help.   The Bills running game has not looked good the last few weeks, sunday was a little bit different situation but they just did not look as sound running the ball.  Something has happened on the interior of the line also, they keep getting beat up front with pressure and torrence has made some mistakes killing plays.  That is not a good thing to have on film going into the playoffs.

on offense pittsburgh with rudolph has just decided we are going to play big physical football and run straight ahead and see if you can stand in there and stop them.  Then when they get on the plus side of the field they will take shots and they have the weapons to make big plays.   If they run the ball well they setup easy 3rd downs for rudolph and he has shown for a month now that he can manage the game really well.  Whatever people think about rudolph's career does not matter because right now he is playing well.

The key to the game is going to be Field Position.  Much like the pats game if the Bills can pin them down over and over inside the 15 and stop the run the steelers are in for a long day on offense.  Special teams are huge this week.  The weather is going to favor Pittsburgh if they get a lead early.  

Josh Allen is the best player on the field and much like last week he is going to have to take over the game at some point.  Hopefully early to give them a lead.   

anyway, the people who think this is a blowout simple win well I am not sure what steelers team you have been watching over the last month.   The steelers have played here now this will be 3 years in a row and they are 1-1 so playing in the environment may not be a big deal to them especially when they want to run the ball 40 times.  I hope the crowd is amazing and the bills have a lead coming out of the half.

5 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

I suspect that it is only a vocal minority of "fans" and a smattering of trolls on 2BD who are like what you describe.  The vast majority are thrilled to have Allen at QB and to have come back and won the AFC East. They are also quietly confident that the Bills will get it done this Sunday.

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The Steelers are going to try and run it all day Sunday and have the tools to do it.  The D has to continue its excellent recent play.  

If the wind is as bad as they say the Bills will be able to take a lot more chances with run defense blitzing by their LB's & Safeties. This will make it very hard for the Steeler's to just run the ball down the Bills throat. On the other hand Allen has shown repeatedly that he can handle wind reasonably well and almost certainty better then Rudolph will be able to.

And when all else fails Allen is far more dangerous then Rudolf running the football.  And with Watt out the chances of multiple Allen TO's are reduced significantly.

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Don't forget Lamar was injured late in the 3rd in the playoff game too.  It was a very shaky game.

The Bills have played two great playoff games in this run.  One vs. NE (the perfect game) and then the 13 second game (for 59:47 of it at least)....

The worry Sunday is not Pitt, it's the elements, which frankly favours Pitt.

We've seen what the Bills can do this year.  Yes 11-6, but it was shaky at best.

As we've all been saying....  All will be forgiven with four more wins.😜

Why?

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

You are completely right from a logic standpoint but I get it.  

All sports super fans develop this really mindset where you think the entire world and your own personal happiness hinges on the result of game.  I’m in this group and I can tell by the thread titles and responses here - you all are too.  

I’ve been wondering how I personally got myself wrapped up this so bad, where a loss could drastically affect my mood for a day or two.  It’s pretty crazy.  

I think Bills fans are not different than other sports franchises who have been relatively unsuccessful the past 2 decades or who have never won a world championship.  You are happy to see success but want to see the team capitalize on the ultimate goal because it could be a “once in a lifetime” event (again that sounds ridiculous…but you know)

So every thing intensifies.  You think that this might be the team’s best or only chance to win a championship.  Also there’s someone fans of these kind of teams do to almost protect themselves.  The second the ride is a little bumpy, everyone thinks the worst case scenario as a way to protect themselves from getting disappointed.  You always think the other shoe is going to drop and the team is “cursed” if they don’t win.  

Whether you are position or negative going into the game, a loss is going to suck regardless.  So why not just try to be positive?

much easier said than done.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

I’m sorry, who is “WE”? I find it more concerning that you generalize the entire fanbase based on reading a couple of the chronic complainers here. 

Edited by JoPoy88

Do you guys have a different mindset this season as we head into the playoffs?  I definitely do.

Last year I was totally convinced we were winning it all...with the blizzard game, the Hamlin stuff, surviving a scary Wild Card game, getting the home game vs Cinci in the snow.  I just thought it all lined up perfectly.  It was just a gut punch sitting in the snow watching Bengals fans celebrate around me. The year before, I really thought we were winning it all after the Pats perfect game and then taking a late lead vs KC.  Of course 13 seconds and OT killed us.

So back to this year, at 6-6 i figured we were done. The window closing a couple years before I thought it would.  I was just waiting for that 7th loss.  But they refused to lose.  I just kind of feel like we are playing with house money now.  At no point this season did I think they would make a Super Bowl appearance and have a chance to win it.  So as a big fan, I'm of the mindset of hey, let's have fun and see where it goes?  If we win, Awesome....if we don't win it all, oh well, it was a helluva run.  I just don't feel the weight of expectations of the past few seasons.  I hope the players go out there and have fun and not feel intense pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Don't forget Lamar was injured late in the 3rd in the playoff game too.  It was a very shaky game.

The Bills have played two great playoff games in this run.  One vs. NE (the perfect game) and then the 13 second game (for 59:47 of it at least)....

The worry Sunday is not Pitt, it's the elements, which frankly favours Pitt.

We've seen what the Bills can do this year.  Yes 11-6, but it was shaky at best.

As we've all been saying....  All will be forgiven with four more wins.😜

True, but the Bills are the better team in general. 

Both teams share a maddening trend of losing to lesser-caliber teams. Jaylen Warren is the wildcard player on the Steelers, he can be elusive in space. The Bills should be able to contain Najee Harris and the weather may negate Rudolp's (& JAs ) passing abilities. 

If the Bills get up a couple of scores, say 10-14 points by the 3rd Q, I don't think the Steelers can catch 'em. They're vanilla on offense except for a splash play by Pickens or Warren.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Maybe, but regardless they are in the playoffs and McDermott fans are partying in the street.  There were plenty of chances to stumble and a few games were way too tight.

Some good down the stretch, some so so.....  

There is no one on this site who doesn't want the Bills to win the Superbowl, but there are concerns no doubt too.

If the weather is as bad as predicted Sunday, that really will be a tough watch and I hope not a repeat of the New England 2021 game.

100% this.  We all want to win.  This board is a discussion on how best to win the SB.  Is it with Mcd or not?  What does Allen need to improve, if anything?  What should we do in the draft?  What's up with the middle of the OL last 2 games?  All valid conversation topics.  I'm fine with people who worry and don't, and enjoy the conversation (when it's good natured) between those groups, who often brings lots of thought-provoking facts to the conversation.  Let's keep it up, and hopefully soon we are debating how to repeat! 

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

True, but the Bills are the better team in general. 

Both teams share a maddening trend of losing to lesser-caliber teams. Jaylen Warren is the wildcard player on the Steelers, he can be elusive in space. The Bills should be able to contain Najee Harris and the weather may negate Rudolp's (& JAs ) passing abilities. 

If the Bills get up a couple of scores, say 10-14 points by the 3rd Q, I don't think the Steelers can catch 'em. They're vanilla on offense except for a splash play by Pickens or Warren.

this is why I like the Bills.  The Steelers offense is like a poor man's Miami.  Pickens is not Hill.  Rudolph is not (perhaps yet) Tua.  Warren is not that fast back from MIA.  

The Steelers do have a better D, with or without Watt, however.  

We have the better QB by a mile.  We got this guy to play in bad weather.  We should win.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is the season of the Jeckle and Hyde Buffalo Bills.

Loss to the 7-10 NY Jets. Loss to the 9-8 Jags. Loss to the 4-13 Patriots. Loss to the 9-8 Bengals. Loss to the 8-9 Broncos.Loss to the 11-6 Eagles. 

Could have lost to the NY Giants...Tampa Bay Bucs...KC Chiefs if some dude lines up correctly...could have lost to the SD Chargers. 

Buffalo has come so close to losing many games this season. They should have been blowing out bad teams like the Patriots, Broncos NY Giants, and yet these teams looked to play their best games against the Buffalo Bills. 

The offense falling on its face in the first half of many games and the best thing the Bills did this season was to fire Ken Dorsey who was running such a simplistic scheme that teams knew what was coming. Probably a reason why Diggs was so upset at the end of last season. Schematically broken.

This worries about the Steeler game because I don't know which Josh Allen we will see or what the offense will do this week. The team is 16-0 when Josh doesn't turn the ball over. 

Joe Brady should start the first series of plays with Josh running to get him worked up and fighting right away so Bills fans don't need to wait until the 4th quarter for him to put on his cape.

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

The fear comes from the fact that the teams are basically even. 

They aren't even. The Steelers were lucky to even make the playoffs, the Bills have won 5 in a row. The Bills may not blow the Steelers out but the Steelers are not coming to Buffalo and winning anything. 

7 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Look at it this way. We all LOVE the Bills. We want them to win. But realistically speaking, the Bills are an up-and-down team. We barely squeeked by an injured Miami team the other night - we scored 14 points on offense and one of those TD's was anincredible catch off of a tipped ball that was clearly thrown into coverage. Thankfully it was tipped. We gave up multiple 3rd and very long plays to Tua who converted. Point is, yes - we are freaking out about Pitt. Their D is very good (Don't care about Watt), they are well coached and Rudolph seems to be playing well or well enough to make the plays. Their run offense is tough. We will see... I hope the Bills poiund them but I see a close, hard fought battle again just like the other night. It's the NFL man... 

33 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

They aren't even. The Steelers were lucky to even make the playoffs, the Bills have won 5 in a row. The Bills may not blow the Steelers out but the Steelers are not coming to Buffalo and winning anything. 

Lucky to make the Playoffs??!? You kidding me? Were we lucky too then??

Steelers won their last 3 games in a row. Once they made the QB change away from Trubiski and started Rudolph - they beat the Bengals 34-11, they beat the Seahawks in Seatle 30-23 (Seattle needed that game too..) and they beat the Ravens backup QB 17-10. Everythiung was on the line for them and they...won.

So don't make crap up. We all love the Bills and want this win but it won't be easy at all. This is a VERY tough game against a well coached, tough team who can run the ball. GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Do you guys have a different mindset this season as we head into the playoffs?  I definitely do.

Last year I was totally convinced we were winning it all...with the blizzard game, the Hamlin stuff, surviving a scary Wild Card game, getting the home game vs Cinci in the snow.  I just thought it all lined up perfectly.  It was just a gut punch sitting in the snow watching Bengals fans celebrate around me. The year before, I really thought we were winning it all after the Pats perfect game and then taking a late lead vs KC.  Of course 13 seconds and OT killed us.

So back to this year, at 6-6 i figured we were done. The window closing a couple years before I thought it would.  I was just waiting for that 7th loss.  But they refused to lose.  I just kind of feel like we are playing with house money now.  At no point this season did I think they would make a Super Bowl appearance and have a chance to win it.  So as a big fan, I'm of the mindset of hey, let's have fun and see where it goes?  If we win, Awesome....if we don't win it all, oh well, it was a helluva run.  I just don't feel the weight of expectations of the past few seasons.  I hope the players go out there and have fun and not feel intense pressure.

I think they have a good shot to at least make it to the AFCCG as the #2 seed. I know upsets can happen and the Bills do have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot, but they really should win this week. If they do beat Pitt, then they will be favored in the divisional round no matter who they play. I do think Sunday will be another one of those close "heart attack" type of games with the Bills winning. I would love to see a blowout win but I doubt it will happen. Tomlin is a good coach, and his teams usually play close games.

"I am concerned that some fans have concerns that the Bills could possibly lose a playoff game" - OP, basically. 

I don't know man. We have proven we can beat any team and lose to any team on any given Sunday. A windy and wet day has the potential to increase the odds of the lesser team winning. ie. Pittsburgh. It seems reasonably to talk about "if the Bills don't do x, then y might happen". 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.