Who will you root for - Miami or KC?

sleeby

Fins or Chiefs  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for next saturday?

Beating KC in Buffalo would be redemption for the other playoff losses to Mahomes and Reid, BUT realistically, the Bills' chances for going forward in the playoffs are better against the warm-weather Dolphins whom they've defeated 11 out of the last 13 times.  I voted Dolphins for that reason.

I like our chances against either one of them at Home.  I would prefer to play and beat the Chiefs because we've never gotten the Mahomes era Chiefs in Orchard Park for a playoff game yet and the revenge would be pretty sweet.  I feel like we took care of Miami last night essentially knocking out their hope of having a legitimate run in the playoffs and now I am sick of them lol.  

• Agree 1

Everyone needs to think this through.

If Miami wins they go to Baltimore.  I expect Cleveland to beat Houston and if Miami wins and Cleveland wins then Cleveland comes to Buffalo and I would rather Cleveland go to Baltimore and let those two beat each other up.  Then Buffalo can play the winner of that game after beating KC.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SinatraSinger said:

If Miami wins they go to Baltimore.  I expect Cleveland to beat Houston and if Miami wins and Cleveland wins then Cleveland comes to Buffalo and I would rather Cleveland go to Baltimore and let those two beat each other up.  Then Buffalo can play the winner of that game after beating KC.

One game at a time. There's no way to predict what will happen in the playoffs from week to week. With the exception of the Bills, of course, I’m generally going to root for the road team to upset the home team and throw a monkey wrench into the entire seeding. 

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

we beat Miami. Now we need to beat KC on the road. I don't want to face having to beat Miami 3 times in one season. That is a difficult task to do.

There is no scenario where we have to beat Kansas City on the road we are the number 2 seed

19 minutes ago, SinatraSinger said:

Even though I agree with you I just want Kansas City and Mahomes out of the playoffs.

I don't want to pick a team, because I always worry about karma! I will say, this season The Chiefs don't scare me. I still don't want to pick though, because if Allen and Mahomes are both on, we could get another super stressful(but exciting for the league) 13 seconds type deal. With the Dolphins, I think we could of course take them, but I get antsy at the prospect of beating a team three times in one season. When their offense gets going, they can be scary with all the speed on their offense. Plus, they are a division rival. We have outplayed them both times this season though.

I don't know, I don't want to pick 😄

I think I want KC to be honest.  

This is assuming Cleveland wins, and assuming the Bills win (dont worry, Im plenty worried about Pittsburgh)

I trust Cleveland to beat Baltimore moreso than Miami.  

I would also rather play this version on KC here than that punchy Browns team.  Would also be nice balance to knock Mahomes out in Buffalo to go to the AFCCG (and he has to come here next season)

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Fins because if we beat the Steelers we get the Browns/Texans winner and they both suck.  Also, Fins have the offensive firepower to knock out the Ravens if they can get a few guys back by then.

The Browns do NOT suck.  They have an awesome defense and a great running game despite losing their best RB (Chubb) early in the season.   They won games with a couple of other backup QBs before they signed Flacco, who has found the fountain of youth at age 39.  Joe Flacco needs to play two more great/good games for them -- against Houston and against Baltimore -- to set up a Bills/Browns AFCCC game in HIghmark.  I'm ready for that.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m so on the fence with this: 

On one hand a Dolphins win sends them to Baltimore while Buffalo would host Houston/Cleveland which I think is ideal. Get rid of Mahomes and we get the easier matchup in the divisional round.  Just an easier road. 

On the other hand we get Mahomes in the divisional at home but Cleveland can give Baltimore absolute fits. If we get by Mahomes we could find ourselves hosting Cleveland in the AFC title game. 

I guess either way I’ll be satisfied

22 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

We didn't see a HUGE overthrow of Diggs after he effing OWNED Ramsey and was running FREE? Or several completely ignored short/outlet routes (Kincaid in the left flat on that doomed 4th and short, for example)? We definitely saw "amped up" Allen early in the game, and it cost the Bills a bunch of points. 

Those are things non amped up josh does pretty frequently lol I think we’re gonna have to agree to disagree here.  The telltale sign for me is Josh bailing clean pockets/overthrowing easy completions and I just didn’t see any of that 

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I voted KC because you don’t want to play a team 3 times (rare to get 3 wins in one season), but Miami in the cold is also an interesting thought. 

That said, I think Play-off mode KC destroys Miami. 

Yes but that would mean Miami would have to beat KC, Ravens, then us (assuming we win) which is a murders row of teams

8 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I know they kind of suck now, but I have PTSD playing the Chiefs in the post season. I feel much better playing Miami at home which is Allen’s bread & butter. 

Correct me if I'm wrong.... maybe it was addressed.. 

If the Dolphins beat the Chiefs, we wouldn't play the Dolphins. They would play the Ravens (lowest remaining seed) and then we would play winner of Houston, Cleveland.

If Chiefs win, we play Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.... maybe it was addressed.. 

If the Dolphins beat the Chiefs, we wouldn't play the Dolphins. They would play the Ravens (lowest remaining seed) and then we would play winner of Houston, Cleveland.

If Chiefs win, we play Chiefs. 

Correct. But the Bills have to beat Pitt first. That will be a tough game. 

I selected Miami but as I think about it, KC winning might not be so bad.  If Miami wins (assuming Buffalo also wins) Miami will go to Baltimore.  Given what happened between those two last weekend, I think that's an almost certain W for the Ravens which means if the Bills take care of business in the divisional round we would have to travel to Baltimore for the championship game.  Now, if KC beats Miami, KC would come to Buffalo and Baltimore gets the Houston/Cleveland winner.  I think, particularly if Cleveland wins, they stand a much better chance of upsetting Baltimore in the divisional round which would put the AFC championship game in Buffalo (assuming we take care of KC which I think we would do).

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

This guy is clueless. 

There is a 0% chance that a 3 seed can play a 1 seed in the divisional round. It would have to be AFCCG

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Correct. But the Bills have to beat Pitt first. That will be a tough game. 

Sure but if we lose to Mason Rudolph and a defense without TJ Watt at home.... McDermott shouldn't be our head coach we would really need to re evaluate our roster. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.