Who will you root for - Miami or KC?

sleeby

Fins or Chiefs  

377 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you root for next saturday?

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Have to say Fins got screwed. Playing on short week and have to travel 2/3 of the way across the country.

And having to play as bad weather for them as teams going to Miami in first half of season with them under sunshade.

No not screwed at all - balanced.

• Like (+1) 2

I want the Chiefs visiting Buffalo. Get that monkey off our back.

Allen won't be changing the "turnover machine" narrative any time soon, but he can change the narrative around losing to the Chiefs in the playoffs.

It would also give Allen & the Bills a 4-3 head-to-head record against the Chiefs in the process.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta root for Chiefs so they FINALLY have to play a road playoff game in WNY (assuming Bills take care of Pitt as they should). If Dolphins win, the Bills would host either the Browns or the Texans, and I honestly don't love either matchup as much as the Chiefs on the road, finally. Those two teams are more dynamic than the Chiefs this season. More dangerous. 

Separately, as a season ticket holder, I'm bracing for Bills fans selling mucho tickets to Steelers fans, and then to a lesser extent doing so again the following week (Texans fans not so much, but Chiefs and Browns fans will absolutely be looking to show up). That Cowboys game featured more opposing fans than I've ever seen in OP in McD era (Bills shut them up quickly, thankfully), and I'm afraid Steelers fans travel even better. 

Bengals fans, for reference, were VERY noticeable in OP for last year's Wildcard round. Their chanting of "TEE!" after any/every play Higgins made was especially disconcerting. Bills fans are definitely open for business, and the home field advantage suffers greatly because of it. 

2 hours ago, sleeby said:

All things aside (injuries, etc), Miami stunk.  This game reminded me of a few others this year in which the Bills' offense handed the game over to the other team whilst also dominating them in time and yards.  Jets, week 1, to start with.  The bad teams usually won those - jets, pats, broncos; giants just couldn't take the offered win but came close.

Anyhow, point is that we dominated Miami twice this year as well as several previous years.  We also do well against the chiefs save for playoff games.  Miami is a division rival which makes them more familiar with us and so dangerous.

Either game would be in Buffalo. 

So, who will you be rooting for next Saturday?  

Maybe I’m alone but I never really got the impression that Miami was gonna win this one.  That jets game we gave up 170+ rushing yards, denver won top by like 15 minutes, pats were in control all game until a late fumble and they actually outgained us by 10 yards.  Tonight just felt like we were beating Miami’s a** and they were just lucky to be in it honestly 

it was pretty much the Skylar Thompson playoff game all over again with tua back there 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Gotta root for Chiefs so they FINALLY have to play a road playoff game in WNY (assuming Bills take care of Pitt as they should). If Dolphins win, the Bills would host either the Browns or the Texans, and I honestly don't love either matchup as much as the Chiefs on the road, finally. Those two teams are more dynamic than the Chiefs this season. More dangerous. 

Separately, as a season ticket holder, I'm bracing for Bills fans selling mucho tickets to Steelers fans, and then to a lesser extent doing so again the following week (Texans fans not so much, but Chiefs and Browns fans will absolutely be looking to show up). That Cowboys game featured more opposing fans than I've ever seen in OP in McD era (Bills shut them up quickly, thankfully), and I'm afraid Steelers fans travel even better. 

Bengals fans, for reference, were VERY noticeable in OP for last year's Wildcard round. Their chanting of "TEE!" after any/every play Higgins made was especially disconcerting. Bills fans are definitely open for business, and the home field advantage suffers greatly because of it. 

It’s a crapshoot either way but I’ve gotta go dolphins because a path to the afc championship of pit then Cleveland/Houston is just too good.  Chiefs defense ain’t terribly far behind Cleveland and I’d much rather see Flacco than mahomes 

2 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

Is anyone worried about Pittsburgh… I haven’t seen them play but heard the Baltimore game was pretty brutal… There’s a lot of delusional Pittsburgh fans that think there gonna come up to our stadium and beat us enroute to the super bowl 

TJ Watt is out? 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe I’m alone but I never really got the impression that Miami was gonna win this one.  That jets game we gave up 170+ rushing yards, denver won top by like 15 minutes, pats were in control all game until a late fumble and they actually outgained us by 10 yards.  Tonight just felt like we were beating Miami’s a** and they were just lucky to be in it honestly 

it was pretty much the Skylar Thompson playoff game all over again with tua back there 

Once Allen gained control of himself (his cheeks were VERY flushed from kickoff until into the 2nd quarter - and likewise his passes/decisions were erratic/problematic for the first 25ish minutes of gameplay) by the end of the 2nd quarter, I was weirdly confident the Bills would win as long as the coaches recognized that they had Elite Playoff Josh in the 2nd half. Abandoning the run was actually VITAL to winning IMHO (once Allen had settled down). 

There MUST be a way to help Allen be less geeked and amped and impatient early on. He needs a QB draw on the first play or something like that to ensure he gets the nerves hit right out of him. I've heard that he doesn't like to eat on gameday because he's prone to puking, and HECK if he doesn't seem like a dude whose blood sugar is not well managed when he's making bizarre mistakes out there. Adrenaline management is still an issue for him, which is bonkers.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the bills can beat the chiefs, but that game always takes a huge toll on both teams. they both leave it all out on the field when they play against each other, and they are normally gassed the following week. I’m not sure the winner of bills chiefs goes to the Super Bowl unless Cleveland can give the ravens all they can handle 

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Once Allen gained control of himself (his cheeks were VERY flushed from kickoff until into the 2nd quarter - and likewise his passes/decisions were erratic/problematic for the first 25ish minutes of gameplay) by the end of the 2nd quarter, I was weirdly confident the Bills would win as long as the coaches recognized that they had Elite Playoff Josh in the 2nd half. Abandoning the run was actually VITAL to winning IMHO (once Allen had settled down). 

There MUST be a way to help Allen be less geeked and amped and impatient early on. He needs a QB draw on the first play or something like that to ensure he gets the nerves hit right out of him. I've heard that he doesn't like to eat on gameday because he's prone to puking, and HECK if he doesn't seem like a dude whose blood sugar is not well managed when he's making bizarre mistakes out there. Adrenaline management is still an issue for him, which is bonkers.

A couple people have said that so maybe it’s me lol but Allen looked like he was in control and not really forcing anything all night to me.  Whoever you want to blame for the first int it wasn’t josh taking a crazy risk it was just a route mixup on somebody’s part.

second int looked like he was pressing but it was 4th down so I’d kind of expect that. 

He seems to miss a lot of easy throws high when he’s too amped up and I don’t think we saw any of that really 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A couple people have said that so maybe it’s me lol but Allen looked like he was in control and not really forcing anything all night to me.  Whoever you want to blame for the first int it wasn’t josh taking a crazy risk it was just a route mixup on somebody’s part.

second int looked like he was pressing but it was 4th down so I’d kind of expect that. 

He seems to miss a lot of easy throws high when he’s too amped up and I don’t think we saw any of that really 

We didn't see a HUGE overthrow of Diggs after he effing OWNED Ramsey and was running FREE? Or several completely ignored short/outlet routes (Kincaid in the left flat on that doomed 4th and short, for example)? We definitely saw "amped up" Allen early in the game, and it cost the Bills a bunch of points. 

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I’m stunned by the numbers so far.

I want the opportunity to pound on the Chiefs in our barn, win 4 out of the last 5 against them, exorcise our playoff demons, watch Nick Wright whine and put to bed this stupid narrative with KC once. And. For all.  And show that we 

own.

their.

A$$

…but people want to play Miami a third time?

We don’t play the winner of KC Miami unless it’s the Chiefs. Pretty unlikely that we’ll play Miami again this year…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

We don’t play the winner of KC Miami unless it’s the Chiefs. Pretty unlikely that we’ll play Miami again this year…

I’m glad you noticed. I thought I was the only other one that seemed to realize we won’t be playing Miami. 

7 hours ago, mannc said:

I figured. I just was really perplexed by the voting that had people wanting to play Miami again.

Beat Miami twice and Beat the defending world champions twice, including knocking them out of the playoffs and beat Mahomes in his first ever playoff road game…yeah, give me that.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Root for the Bills to beat Pittsburgh first …

3 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Can we just focus on and hopefully beat Pittsburgh!!!

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Let’s do the most important thing first.  Beat the Steelers.

You guys do know it’s alright for fans to look at and talk about the other games right? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Y’all realize we wouldn’t play Miami if they beat the Chiefs, right? The lowest  remaining see plays the highest remaining seed, so the Bills would play the winner of the 4/5 if we beat the Steelers, while the #6 Dolphins would play the Ravens. 

I want the Chiefs. In Buffalo. 

I voted Miami because I’m sick of the ***** Chiefs and their crybaby QB. Not because I care who we play.  They’ve lost five games at Arrowhead this year.  Make it six. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Not even close. I def don't trust the NFL / Refs when it comes to the Swifties. Rather play Tua ***** his pants 10 times out of 10 

Miami is soft. I’ll take them over KC. KC isn’t that good this year, but if the WRs decide to catch the ball for a game it could be trouble. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Heres a question, since I still can't create my own thread 3months later (lol) would you rather face the Browns/Texans or KC?

So if KC wins, I want the Browns to win because I think they have a better shot of taking out Baltimore. If Miami wins I want the Texans to win 

I'm hoping the Chiefs make the LoLphins 1 and done. I do not want to meet a division rival in the playoffs. Recipe for an upset right there. 

Give me Mahomes, on OUR field and let's get over the hump of losing to the guy in the playoffs. I want to see Mahomes so upset he knocks Andy Reid's chicken nuggets on the ground. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The entire premise of this post is off.  Our options are either:

A) Play the chiefs (with CLE/HOU going to Baltimore)

B) Play CLE/HOU (with MIA going to BAL)

I think the easiest round 2 game for us is Hou (MIA win), but by far the best chance of Superbowl is KC win.  Give CLE (hopefully) a shot at taking out Bal.

The only way we play Miami again is if they beat both KC and BAL on the road.  It doesn't look likely to happen.

Edited by Rew
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rew said:

The entire premise of this post is off.  Our options are either:

A) Play the chiefs (with CLE/HOU going to Baltimore)

B) Play CLE/HOU (with MIA going to BAL)

I think the easiest round 2 game for us is Hou (MIA win), but by far the best chance of Superbowl is KC win.  Give CLE (hopefully) a shot at taking out Bal.

Those were the options in my post..."Heres a question, since I still can't create my own thread 3months later (lol) would you rather face the Browns/Texans or KC?"

Edited by Gman10

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Have to say Fins got screwed. Playing on short week and have to travel 2/3 of the way across the country.

At night so it will be even colder

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

There MUST be a way to help Allen be less geeked and amped and impatient early on .

The team used to listen for kelly to puke before games as they knew he played best those games.  Saved him a stall for it even.

Edited by sleeby

26 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

KC.  Hard to beat a team 3 times in one season plus I want Mahomes at our place for a change

The ONLY way we are playing Miami is if they first go to KC AND Baltimore and win.  I expect the chance of that happening are slim and none. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.