Bills @ Dolphins Game thread - 2nd Half

Simon

Just now, HappyDays said:

That's a patently ridiculous thing to say. Someone missed a block.

They didn't play a blitz protection. Something went wrong in the protection call there between Josh and Mitch Morse. It appeared Josh saw the blitz coming and tried to make an adjustment but the entire line played their original responsibility. Somewhere something got lost in communication.

• Agree 1

Just now, peterpan said:

New OC please next season 

His current interview - as opposed to the other team with a system and high end talent in place - is still ongoing.  

But it’s all Josh.  

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Does regressing mean he can’t phase through a free rusher in his face?

No.  Probably has something to do with reading the field, making decisions, setting protections, etc.  Who knows though, could just be a bunch of meanies picking on Josh. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

smart to hold him out if he is dinged up.  

And I hate to say it. Tonight if we lose we bleed a little. 

Next week if we lose we are dead.

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Pretty sure it was supposed to be Shakir, don't know why the ball didn't come to him.

Oh, because he ALSO just ran his effing route instead of presenting the numbers, what the hell!

How many trucks do you supposed we’d have to buy Chad Hall to get him to come back? 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m so confused by this take lol he looks pretty calm to me and he’s been mostly under control in the pocket outside of that 4th down play 

It isn’t uppers. It just appears that way because he has severe adhd and anxiety. 

If you gave him uppers, it would knock him out and he’d go to sleep.

Edited by Governor

Ok, Dolphins have run at least 2 jailbreaks that Allen has signaled to his receivers, and they've run their regular, long developing patterns. They've found something - the Bills apparently have no answers or hot routes on overload middle blitzes, Allen has nowhere to go with the ball at all. It's not panicking or not processing, the scheme has no answer for him there.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

That's a patently ridiculous thing to say. Someone missed a block.

He didn't know the blitz was coming and he had to get rid of it?  Missed block or not that ball needed to come out quick and as usual he was holding it.  Josh is literally unable to throw quick passes.  He either escapes the pocket or he takes a sack.  I wish I was totally exaggerating but that's mostly true.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Thank you Titans.  Or we’d be ice fishing next weekend.

I have a feeling both the Bills and the Dolphins are so beat up I'm not sure it matters what happens tonight. Neither team is likely to make it past the WC round.

And I say that not as a diss on the Bills, but a nod to the reality of the loss of personnel.

Edited by IronyAbounds
clarification
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

No.  Probably has something to do with reading the field, making decisions, setting protections, etc.  Who knows though, could just be a bunch of meanies picking on Josh. 

It’s people trying to be smarter than everyone else in the room