Assuming the bills get in the playoffs, how confident are you they get to the superbowl?

Steptide

It's weird, I feel much less confident about the bills in the playoffs this year than in years past. They've won 4 straight, and assuming they beat Miami, they'd ultimately have to win 9 straight games to win the superbowl, which seems unlikely Imo. I mean, maybe the offense steps up big and they become this unstoppable force, but the offense is REALLY gonna have to step up. This team isn't getting through Baltimore (and others) with Diggs having 40 yards a gameĀ 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure about getting to Superbowl but a somewhat underrated aspect of the Bills recent success is the defense.Ā  If the D continues its current trajectory, and the O gets a bit more on track, we'll be a tough out, especially in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

They got this! Itā€™s gonna be ugly as Fuh k, stumbling bumbling rumbling all the way!!!Ā 
Ā 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The Bills haven't been blown out once this year.Ā  Every loss (and many wins) have been incredibly close.

Ā 

I'd really like our odds.Ā  I mean, I always do - but we seem to be getting healthier at a time when most of the other contenders are having injury issues, and if we get the 2 seed, we may end up playing at home the whole way.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Theyā€™re too inconsistent for me to truly believe a Super Bowl run is coming. Hell, I could see them blowing it on Sunday and not even getting in.Ā 
Ā 

That being said, if they ā€œget rightā€ offensively this week and in the wild card round while the D still plays tough, anything can happen.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I donā€™t think any team is confident theyā€™ll get to the Super Bowl. Certainly San Fran and Bā€™more are quality 1st seeds. But this season has taught every team that nothings guaranteed. Right now, Iā€™ll just be thrilled if we win Sunday night. Even if we clinch a berth earlier in the day.Ā 
Cinci came into our House last year and slapped us around in front of our Mothers.

Ā 

Confidence isnā€™t required, imo. Grit & determination is.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

If the Bills get in the playoffs, I think all bets are off. Even if they lose in Miami Sunday and have to play Miami again in round 1. Everyone is saying Baltimore this and Baltimore that. They are good, but the Bills have always gameplanned against them very wellĀ 

• Like (+1) 2

If Bills are the 2 seed Iā€™m 80% they make the AFC title game,, if they go on the road to Baltimore then 50% they make it to the superbowl.,. If they get that title game in Buffalo then Ā 90% they go all the way .

I think Baltimore and Cleveland are the two most difficult matchups for Buffalo. Cleveland has a solid "D" and runs the ball well. Baltimore is solid all-around. Buffalo also does not seem them as often as a Miami or KC.

Ā 

If the Bills are the #2 seed, they should make the AFC Championship Game.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Success said:

The Bills haven't been blown out once this year.Ā  Every loss (and many wins) have been incredibly close.

Ā 

I'd really like our odds.Ā  I mean, I always do - but we seem to be getting healthier at a time when most of the other contenders are having injury issues, and if we get the 2 seed, we may end up playing at home the whole way.

Ā 

I agree I'm just fearful the Bills lose to Miami and miss the playoffs.Ā 

Ā 

I would be so disappointed.Ā 

49 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Theyā€™re too inconsistent for me to truly believe a Super Bowl run is coming. Hell, I could see them blowing it on Sunday and not even getting in.Ā 
Ā 

That being said, if they ā€œget rightā€ offensively this week and in the wild card round while the D still plays tough, anything can happen.Ā 

This is my thought process as well. I just can't get a feel for this team.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

It's weird, I feel much less confident about the bills in the playoffs this year than in years past. They've won 4 straight, and assuming they beat Miami, they'd ultimately have to win 9 straight games to win the superbowl, which seems unlikely Imo. I mean, maybe the offense steps up big and they become this unstoppable force, but the offense is REALLY gonna have to step up. This team isn't getting through Baltimore (and others) with Diggs having 40 yards a gameĀ 

#2 seed, I think we have a good shot.

Ā 

wildcard, not a very good shot at making it.

Put it this way......I am more worried about this team beating itself like they always seem to do in the Playoffs in some way, shape, or form than I am about a team just beating us because they are superior.Ā  Yes, the Ravens are playing great.Ā  But am I afraid that they are so good they will just run through us?Ā  No.Ā 

Ā 

I am more worried about McDermott wasting TOs or challenging stupid plays, or not going for it at the right times than I am of another team just beating us because they are that mich better.Ā  I am more worried about our offense not being able to move the ball because they can never scheme open their best WR or run it from the shotgun with Murray right into a lineman's back on 4th and 1 and not just using the tush push.Ā  I am worried that Allen might just have one of those days like he had Sunday where the ball just doesn't come out of his hand right and he just misses guys that are open.Ā  I am worried about taking the lead with a minute left and the defense not being able to close the game when needed the most.

Ā 

So, all that said, I am more worried about us and what we do than other teams just flat out outplaying us.Ā  Of course that could happen, but it's not what I am focused on or worried about the most.

• Like (+1) 1

Extremely actually

Ā 

esoecially with the 2 seed

Ā 

i think Cleveland knocks off their rivals in the ravens and we get Cleveland at home in the afc championship game on a cold snowy battle for lake erie

Ā 

win that scrappy game of defense like 24-17

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hjnick said:

#2 seed, I think we have a good shot.

Ā 

wildcard, not a very good shot at making it.

I don't know. If the Bills get in they are more than capable of running the table.Ā 

Ā 

Of course the path is easier as a 2 seed.Ā 

Ā 

I'm a bit concerned about the Bills offense and special teams. Both have been pretty inconsistent.Ā 

Ā 

I think the defense is starting to peak. D Jones and AJ back really helps. Douglas was a great addition that was badly needed. McD D has been good at finishing games.Ā 

I had very little confidence last year. The whole team was just off at the end of the season.

This year if we get in I think we have as good a chance as any AFC team to get to the big game. Is anybody really that confident that the Ravens are going to make noise in the playoffs? This version of the Ravens has had plenty of playoff opportunities and choked them away. We've already blown out the Dolphins (we'll see how this Sunday goes). We've already beat KC on the road (and they don't look like themselves this year at all). Jaguars look a lot worse than earlier in the season when they beat us. Colts, Texans, Steelers would be upsets if they beat us. The Browns are intriguing. Flacco is turning the ball over a lot but their defense is elite.

If we get the #2 seed, I would give us a 25% chance to make the super bowl, which is pretty good (if all the teams had an even chance it would be ~14%).

28 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I think Baltimore and Cleveland are the two most difficult matchups for Buffalo. Cleveland has a solid "D" and runs the ball well. Baltimore is solid all-around. Buffalo also does not seem them as often as a Miami or KC.

Ā 

If the Bills are the #2 seed, they should make the AFC Championship Game.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I strangely think the Steelers could give us trouble as well. If we follow the script from the Raiders game where we neutralized Crosby, then we should be fine though. In general, I would rather play a team with a good offense and bad defense vs the opposite.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Ā 

Ā 

Bills don't get blown out. Closest thing to a blow-out was last years Divisional game against the Bengals? Before that we have to go back to the 2021 Colts game?Ā 

Ā 

I look at the this upcoming game in Miami and see three possible outcomes.

Ā 

Miami wins a one score game.

Bills win a one score game.

Bills win by 14+Ā 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Cinci came into our House last year and slapped us around in front of our Mothers.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cinci has been slapping us around the last three games. That team has our number for some reason. I'd be a lot less confident if they were in it still.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

Is this the biggest regular season game in years ?

Ā 

Becoming likely that itā€™s all or nothing ā€¦

Ā 

If they get the No 2 seed then itā€™s certainly possible ā€¦ but they will need to lift the consistency on the O

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Ā 

as a #2 or #6 or #7?
Ā 

as #2ā€¦..

Ā 

host Indy/ hou

Mia at KC

cle at south

Ā 

if Mia can best Ā  KC ā€¦think itā€™s possible, buffalo host 4/5. 50/50 shot at hosting championship gameĀ 

if KC wins, buf host them.CLE would be problem for balt. Buffalo could host CLE.

Ā 

as #7 seedā€¦BUF/MIA rematch, then to BAL, then at whose left. This could be harder.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I haven't been pleased with the way they've played the last 2 games. 2 games that were basically "MUST WIN" games to get to this Week 18 scenario against Miami for the AFCE title and they've looked unmotivated and unprepared. The offense at least.

Ā 

YES! They won, I get it.

Ā 

But the way they're coming into this game offensively and the circumstances surrounding their playoff seeding is very uncomfortable. I want to applaud them for not quitting and making the necessary changes when the playoffs looked out of reach at 6-6. Kudos McD!

Ā 

Although I do take comfort in knowing that the last 2 games are ones they usually lose, to me that's kind of reassuring. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this offense erupts in the playoffs and rides it all the way to the AFCCG. I just wish they had a security blanket win or lose because I don't think Pitt and Jax are losing. Hope I'm wrong cause I'd like to see them come out loose and focused for a major run that puts everyone watching on notice, especially Baltimore who are laying down in the hopes of keeping the Bills out. Yes, I truly believe that!Ā 

Ā 

Our boys play down to lower competition and rise up against contenders. If its nothing other than "Win and In" Sunday night I feel the pressure to perform along with a motivated Miami team regardless of who's hurt can pose problems.

Ā 

This truly is our playoffs starting now.Ā 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

Bring back the old offense we saw with daboll and I feel very confident.Ā 
Ā 

in fact super confident.Ā 

That's the way I feel. This passing game has been off all year. If Milano and our passing game (Diggs) were running on all cylinders,Ā  I'd be convinced and confident we'd win it all.Ā  There's still offensive issues that need to be addressed.Ā 

2 seed - whole f***ng thing. Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Thatā€™s whatā€™s at stake Sunday.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Browns will go into Baltimore in RD 2 and win.Ā 
Ā 

We beat Colts in RD 1. Ā Chiefs RD 2. Ā Browns at home in AFCCG. Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t even want to consider losing an option on Sunday. Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s all right there. Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Big Blitz

We wonā€™t ever see a weaker AFC so if we donā€™t make it this season, we never will under this regime.

Ā 

All of the teams that usually own us, KC, Cincy, Jax, etc. are all wounded or out.

Edited by Governor

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.